List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

how about preuss as a backup to ROB? same age but way better than strachan.

DFA so costs nothing except a modest pay
Just what we need another broken down croc, a player that makes Wayne Milera look like Michael Tuck re actual games played across their careers.

Beyond cooked.

We do need to bring in a decent 2nd ruck option though.

I'd prefer Nick Bryan who was named first ruck in the VFL team of the year. Unfortunately, we don't have the list spots unless we delist Strachan a year early.

I'd prefer Nick Bryan who was named first ruck in the VFL team of the year. Unfortunately, we don't have the list spots unless we delist Strachan a year early.
dont worry about strachan
he gets paid regardless and rucks for sanfl team regardless

we need something else. i never seen bryan live so i dont know.

We should just delist Strachan given he can't play out 4 quarters of AFL.

Everytime i hear Thilthorpe to be lead ruck, i just think of someone using a Ferrari as a dodgem car...why on earth would you want to trash a very valuable asset like that?
Well, it makes him a midfielder, which has some positives.

But with the change of rucking rules, I'd be concerned about the unathletic rucks smashing into him (which is probably your point).

Cant see any team paying that for Laird on 750k+

We would need to give him away for free (Bowes style) AND throw in a second rounder (or else pay 33-50% of his salary at another club). Laird says no anyway

Agree Butts could be a valuable trade chip getting something in the 20's next year if we went that way

So, in a few weeks, after Laird finishes top 3 in the B&F for the eighth year in a row, you think any club would only consider him as a salary dump?

Mate, love your posts, this seems like pandering to the Laird haters though.

lots of media this year saying they are one of the clubs along with us, Saints and Dons that have a large capacity still in the salary cap so not sure I can agree here

EDIT - their 2 highest paid players are likely to be JHF (contracted for another few years from memory) and Butters going forward. Butters will be getting a MASSIVE 1m+ / year offer to either stay in the swamps or else to move back to VIC when hitting FA status in a couple of years
Rozee obviously on lot, Ratagulea was given $750k a year to come across, Rioli is on $550k, etc

If you can't see his dynamics in the midfield ...and around packs ...well I can't help you

You don't need a body of work to see the obvious with players .....the top end talent I mean

Most players are in various stages of development .....so sometimes it's hard to see where they are on the curve ....but not Rankine
Wayne, I agree that Rankine has the potential to be a top 10 mid, and is an extremely talented individual. Rankine is also still building up his tank to move full-time into the midfield. He has started that transition, but it normally takes 2-3 years before it all clicks, and Rankine can play 80% midfield time. When Rankine can be a full-time mid, he will become a top 10 mid. Until then, he will be splitting his time forward, and he will be a top 10 forward in the interim.

Rozee obviously on lot, Ratagulea was given $750k a year to come across, Rioli is on $550k, etc
They save Dixon money.
They may save Houston money.

More importantly as I have explained to you previously, Port along with the Crows are w of only a handful of clubs that did not build in EB increases into their contracts... which is a huge advantage when the cap has significant increase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne, I agree that Rankine has the potential to be a top 10 mid, and is an extremely talented individual. Rankine is also still building up his tank to move full-time into the midfield. He has started that transition, but it normally takes 2-3 years before it all clicks, and Rankine can play 80% midfield time. When Rankine can be a full-time mid, he will become a top 10 mid. Until then, he will be splitting his time forward, and he will be a top 10 forward in the interim.
Rankine already has a good tank, GCS trained him to be a midfielder the year he requested a trade.

Preuss?

star wars GIF

I think you're right. The politics would totally destroy us. We are a weak club. No way could we even consider this.
We couldn't even handle a bloke saying Port fans have no teeth in the media.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever we would gracefully handle the issues facing Tarryn

He was reasonably regarded as a young ruckman I recall but made perhaps the dumbest career move of all time, to Melbourne who had Max Gawn at the start of his prime.

Preuss guaranteed himself no football, put the brakes on his development and basically cost himself any chance of having a career.

If you can't see his dynamics in the midfield ...and around packs ...well I can't help you

You don't need a body of work to see the obvious with players .....the top end talent I mean

Most players are in various stages of development .....so sometimes it's hard to see where they are on the curve ....but not Rankine

Why...do...you...add....dots.....randomly....throughout...your...post?

Why...do...you...add....dots.....randomly....throughout...your...post?
It's a .... Freestyle Elliptical Expressionistic posting style ... whereby spelling and grammar are optional .....very liberating for the spirit

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back