2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Another season about to commence and no sign of any of the membership packs. Same thing every year, takes multiple emails to get the packs sent out and they usually arrive after the games have started.

From Nov last year - based on the timeline released at the time of membership renewal being confirmed, they would seem to be tracking as planned

We’ve still got 4 weeks until our first match, which is plenty of time for membership items to arrive

1708345527077.png

Reserved seats for round 1.

Unfortunately couldn't get anywhere other than Reg Hickey stand with AFL memberships.

Reserved seats for round 1.

Unfortunately couldn't get anywhere other than Reg Hickey stand with AFL memberships.

I got free ticket upgrades in the Selwood stand forward pocket with my afl memberships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got free ticket upgrades in the Selwood stand forward pocket with my afl memberships

I didn't try for Selwood Stand. Should've been more clear. I only like sitting on the wing if I can help it.

Tried to get Brownlow or Premiership Stand but no luck.

So basically you pay your membership then have to pay again to upgrade for very average seats, this club never fails to amaze me.

Is it the Club, the KP Trust or the League that makes the decision as to games having GA seating versus fully ticketed

I've gone to games at the MCG that have been updated to fully ticketed - I feel like it's not necessarily a Club decision

Not correct.

I got 6 tickets in Joel Selwood stand without needing to pay any extra using membership only.
After ringing up the club this worked, you have to go down and specifically tick the $0 section or it will just automatically give you upgrade seats, lot of members been calling they said.

Not exactly a user friendly system for our older members.

After ringing up the club this worked, you have to go down and specifically tick the $0 section or it will just automatically give you upgrade seats, lot of members been calling they said.

Terrible system. To get my free GA tickets I had to tick an upgrade ticket for $69, then proceed by ticking both zero boxes, then go back a page to continue. I had to get help over the phone which took ages to get through.
Why did they not explain it in their ticket information emails?
It will be the same for the Richmond game.

Terrible system. To get my free GA tickets I had to tick an upgrade ticket for $69, then proceed by ticking both zero boxes, then go back a page to continue. I had to get help over the phone which took ages to get through.
Why did they not explain it in their ticket information emails?
It will be the same for the Richmond game.
Theres essentially no difference between tickets you are paying for and tickets under the $0 threshold, got a mate that was $50 per upgrade and we are 2 bays across from each other in the same stand 🤣, anyone paying is getting taken for a ride.

Last edited:
Speaking of memberships, has anyone received their member packs yet? I don't care for the stickers and other printed garbage but given we ridiculously have to scan in and out of the Social Club these days, we'll need the physical ticket and lanyard sent out soon.
Bought it early January and gotten absolutely nothing, not even the voucher.

Am loling now at my expectation I was going to get it within 24/48 hours and be able to redeem it while I was down the beach 😆 yeah fat ****ing chance at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres essentially no difference between tickets you are paying for and tickets under the $0 threshold, got a mate that was $50 per upgrade and we are 2 bays across from each other in the same stand 🤣, anyone paying is getting taken for a ride.
How badly we GFC members are treated. I am a 16 game member having paid my dues to attend all games in Victoria. The link to accessing a members entitled ticket without paying for a $69 upgrade is confusing. I called the club and they steered me thru the "hoops" to secure tiks without additional costs. The ticket and seat is free. You have to drill down after selecting a upgrade for $69 and then $0 option and the upgrade cost is removed. Number 32 in line when I called then waiting. The operator was pleasant but why do I need to call if clear links are posted. My time is precious. No simple instructions.

It's a junk system, initially it was charging me 40 bucks a seat, and only because I actually read the email clearly (again) and it said complimentary ticket did I double check the system, realised I had to select the 0 dollar tickets.

Then got 3 seats in A43 in the Selwood Stand, which I'm happy with as I wanted to go have a sticky beak there anyway haha..
But it was not at all a user friendly set up

Looks like only standing room tickets left now (if you select 2 or more)

A37 Row H (forward pocket Selwood stand) $30 upgrade on a 3 game GA membership
Next time select your ticket, then scroll to the bottom and change best available to general admin reserved seat. Not sure if it is just a once off or always like that but got the email saying it’s complimentary

I like a few others in here called them, no way was I paying for a seat when I pay enough for a membership

Would hope not, waiting for people to open up their phones to get in at each break was a disaster last year. I spoke with someone responsible for this area last year and they said they would look to put barcodes back on the SC cards this year to make it less of an issue.

The email from the club this afternoon suggests that hopefully this is the case:

SOCIAL CLUB ROOM ACCESS

Members will scan in at the gate/s as usual to access GMHBA Stadium. However, to access the Social Club room, you will need to scan in upon entry and out upon exit of the Social Club room using the same entry method used at the gate. This is to ensure that only eligible members have access to the rooms. Please remember to have your ticket or barcoded card ready to scan as you enter/exit the room.
Yeah, but there was tonnes of people sneaking in prior. It was definitely easier to get a drink and a spot at the window after they cracked down

Despite telling the club 3 separate years over the last couple of decades they kept renewing as a concession member.
They've finally actually got it right this year. First year paying full price.

Had a good run.

Bought it early January and gotten absolutely nothing, not even the voucher.

Am loling now at my expectation I was going to get it within 24/48 hours and be able to redeem it while I was down the beach 😆 yeah fat ******* chance at that.
You should have got an email with shows you how to redeem the voucher from the Cats Shop.

I phoned 'em regarding not having received anything. They are apparently sending out the 'stuff' in the final week of Feb. Pretty ordinary leaving members in the dark for so long, for mine.

Last year the merch I picked using the $20 voucher didn't arrive. And the Cats Shop stuffed me around no end in trying the resolve it by phone. It took a pesky email to do that.

How badly we GFC members are treated. I am a 16 game member having paid my dues to attend all games in Victoria. The link to accessing a members entitled ticket without paying for a $69 upgrade is confusing. I called the club and they steered me thru the "hoops" to secure tiks without additional costs. The ticket and seat is free. You have to drill down after selecting an upgrade for $69 and then $0 option and the upgrade cost is removed. Number 32 in line when I called then waiting. The operator was pleasant but why do I need to call if clear links are posted. My time is precious. No simple instructions.
That sounds completely overly complicated and I can’t not think somewhat deliberate to catch “extra” fees on those that don’t follow up and complain… but then it’s easy foe them to backtrack when someone dies complain.

Just make it simple to begin with… making a fully paid up member select a 70 upgrade is just wrong.

Bad taste in my mouth reading that.

Go Catters

Does anyone know what happens with the Digital Membership?

I signed up last night thinking everything would be "digital" so I could watch tomorrow...but the only option with joining was "Mail" (WTF 1) and then after paying, getting just a payment confirmation. Jumped onto the Membership site and can't find any voucher for Kayo.

Does anyone know in this day and age the club is sending out digital memberships by mail?

Yeah, but there was tonnes of people sneaking in prior. It was definitely easier to get a drink and a spot at the window after they cracked down
I get that to a degree, but they also didn't have a stand built for those people when they said they would. So more power to them for enjoying the facilities.

Should be like VRC, where if your pass isn't showing at all times then you are asked to present it or leave.

Because having 1500 people scanning on phones to get in and out for a beer or a pee is not the answer (my passive aggressive response to that last year was printing my QR code out about 150mm x 150mm and sticking it to my lanyard with double sided tape each week, having a Flavor Flav-style area for them to scan so I didn't have to put my beers down)

Anyone else having difficulty accessing the Members Exclusive items on the cats shop webstore?
It asks me to log in (im already logged in) and do it again anyway then it takes me to the home page with no option to click through..
I shouldnt be surprised.. the website has been shit for eternity now

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back