Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent outing for Jagga Smith in his VFL debut for Richmond. 31 disposals

Incredible effort on debut, has made me re-think my opinion of him now that he has done it against mature bodies. 7 clearances against experienced bodies is no easy feat.

Incredible effort on debut, has made me re-think my opinion of him now that he has done it against mature bodies. 7 clearances against experienced bodies is no easy feat.
Me too - I’m just wondering if it’s quick Will Phil? But less clean? I’m probably just making this up. I have no ****ing idea, I can’t remember a draft this confusing

Me too - I’m just wondering if it’s quick Will Phil? But less clean? I’m probably just making this up. I have no ****ing idea, I can’t remember a draft this confusing

Bit quicker, far better motor than Phillips. He is by far the cleanest stoppage player in this draft class. It’s just he doesn’t have much breakaway pace, he is on the smaller side and he rarely kicks the ball more than 30m, so the damage factor just isn’t quite there.

Pick 6 for Freo. It could get to as low as pick 4 or 5 if Crows and Saints keep winning with Pies to face Blues, Lions, Swans, Dees and Tigers the only sure win.
What a horrible trade and emphasises the risk of trading future picks. They've massively overpaid there. Imagine the generational whinging that would occur on here if we did similar.

What a horrible trade and emphasises the risk of trading future picks. They've massively overpaid there. Imagine the generational whinging that would occur on here if we did similar.
A key position player or gun mid? Yes. A small forward? No.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

How has Draper's form against men matched up?

Taking the wraps on O'Sullivan on trust, Draper looks to be up there.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Bit quicker, far better motor than Phillips. He is by far the cleanest stoppage player in this draft class. It’s just he doesn’t have much breakaway pace, he is on the smaller side and he rarely kicks the ball more than 30m, so the damage factor just isn’t quite there.
He seems like a bad fit for our list. But even if we don't take him it's to our benefit for him to look good.

That's a ridiculous game for a kid in his first taste of VFL, great of Richmond to have the courage to play him on ball. He's not what we need but off the back of the champs and that performance you couldn't be to disappointed if we did get him. Didn't see him play but on paper he's outperformed all our VFL team.

Do his 30m kicks retain possession for his side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have underestimated Jagga.

Has no trouble finding and distributing the ball.

Unless some of the other highly touted mids show serious output in remaining Coates games I think Jagga will be top 3.

FOS is still #1 and Draper playing well against men will be in the conversation as well.

Lalor is the wildcard. Could go as high as 1 or slip to 10.

Can't recall a more even group of top 10 players.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Has Phillips ever had 31 in the VFL even with 4 years in an AFL system under his belt?
Smith has done it in his first game as a school kid.
I didn’t see the game, but going on those stats & his stats in all comps this years, I’d say he is already a lot better at finding the footy than Phillips.
If he is also quicker, it sounds like a decent upgrade on Will.

Super impressive performance by Jagga in his VFL debut. You couldn't have picked a worse fixture to debut at this level if you tried. Away at Williamstown, an oval famed for its howling gales, on a dirty evening in the wet and cold with the rain blowing in sideways. Jagga ended up with a game high 31 possessions and was able to be a strong influence at stoppage winning clearances against the bigger VFL bodies which had been a concern voiced by some. His disposals weren't always clean, but in conditions like this taking territory was the name of the game.

Morning Scout what are your thoughts on Hamish Davis.
Hey, afternoon pup, Hamish is hard to place at this stage other than to say its obvious he has ability, the thing is, where actually does his future lie at AFL level, midfield? roaming forward? deep forward? defender? The answer may well lie in the middle of all that, as a utility.
Could be a late maturing footballer, not that he wouldn't play well in his first year or two but more the fact his hidden potential in either of those positions might well come when he becomes comfortable at that level. Recruiters love versatility, growth, potential and strange as it may sound, rawness, because from this there can be loads of improvement to follow.

Langford had another big game in the Coates League yesterday. 32 disposals, kicked 1.3 and had 10 marks. Has hardly played a bad game all year.
Keep putting yourself up in lights can only be a good thing, it only takes one recruiter to zero in on him, if one hasn't already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back