Training 2024 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron is so skinny he has to run around in the shower to get wet.
When what makes you great is your speed off the mark, and ability to run all day, then we don't want Jez being big and muscular.

Been lanky as anything his whole career, and one of the best key forwards in virtually all of those years.

Reckon Ollie Henry has similar traits, and if we look at where the game appears to be heading, Tomahawk is probably the outlier in terms of what clubs are clamouring for as next generation key forwards.

Tom's just so damn good and a legend of the gam with extremely underrated footy smarts, so it doesn't really matter for him.

But as we've seen with the likes of Boyd, McCartin, Patton and so forth, unless you're an absolute gun like Tom is, players in that mold have been phased out of the game a bit.

Cameron is so skinny he has to run around in the shower to get wet.
One of his nicknames is/was “emu”, because his legs are so skinny but he can run all day 🤣🤣

“While he is often called “Jezza”, his running power generated on skinny legs has resulted in Cameron earning the more descriptive nickname of “The Emu”.

Former Giants teammate Heath Shaw explains why the comparison with the flightless bird is apt. “His skinny legs go quickly, but he doesn’t move his torso when he runs,” Shaw said.”
From: ‘Best player in the comp’: Why Jeremy Cameron is flawless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look... if you all don't believe me about Clark injury, than that's up to you.. My source on regarding Clark is very close and I will back that...
There are some people on here have got to know me better then just a keyboard warrior that writes post on here..
And IF BY CHANCE i'm am wrong i will admit it, but i will stand by what i said till then...

Look... if you all don't believe me about Clark injury, than that's up to you.. My source on regarding Clark is very close and I will back that...
There are some people on here have got to know me better then just a keyboard warrior that writes post on here..
And IF BY CHANCE i'm am wrong i will admit it, but i will stand by what i said till then...

Nah it's already been confirmed by CHAWKTS track watcher - so it's not just an isolated report. Trust me, we believe you - hence all the despair :tearsofjoy:

Don't worry mate!

There where a couple there in denial mainly out of hope, 5 stages of grief and all that, but you're a valued poster, and I'd say we're all unfortunately onboard with the truth.

Hopefully this doesn't set Jhye back too far, and he can still build some fitness and play in the early rounds of the year.

Not holding my breath though, as we're notoriously cautious with these things.

On the bright side though, Willis would have been competing for the same spot as Clark, and he finally looks to be fit and firing.

Hopefully that can continue, and he can show some signs while Clark rests up.

Of Knevitt, Hardie, Mannagh, Stevens, Dempsey, Willis, & Clark* I've got little doubt that at least one of these young guys will be playing round 1 to add some spark through the midfield, so it's good to see some friendly competition amongst the boys.

**Also assuming that both Bruhn & Holmes will already be playing. Just get the feeling we'll be looking to get some fresh legs through there and get some experience into the kids.

Nah it's already been confirmed by CHAWKTS track watcher - so it's not just an isolated report. Trust me, we believe you - hence all the despair :tearsofjoy:

Don't worry mate!

There where a couple there in denial mainly out of hope, 5 stages of grief and all that, but you're a valued poster, and I'd say we're all unfortunately onboard with the truth.

Hopefully this doesn't set Jhye back too far, and he can still build some fitness and play in the early rounds of the year.

Not holding my breath though, as we're notoriously cautious with these things.

On the bright side though, Willis would have been competing for the same spot as Clark, and he finally looks to be fit and firing.

Hopefully that can continue, and he can show some signs while Clark rests up.

Of Knevitt, Hardie, Mannagh, Stevens, Dempsey, Willis, & Clark* I've got little doubt that at least one of these young guys will be playing round 1 to add some spark through the midfield, so it's good to see some friendly competition amongst the boys.

**Also assuming that both Bruhn & Holmes will already be playing. Just get the feeling we'll be looking to get some fresh legs through there and get some experience into the kids.
#Respect to you both...
By all reports it happened in a training drill ( I THINK it was a tackling misshap and his foot got caught ) its not as bad as Jack Henry injury but they are taking no rush policy with him

Give us the inside scoop on how his contract extension is looking! :roflv1:

#Respect to you both...
By all reports it happened in a training drill ( I THINK it was a tackling misshap and his foot got caught ) its not as bad as Jack Henry injury but they are taking no rush policy with him
Yep. Same story. He has a really good run in the off season and came back fit and fresh. Had a strong shuttle run and then in the next session had a ”collision injury”. They are saying Liz Frank which scared me but I am assured they believe it is at minor end and he will be back fully recovered first training week in 2024 - I am just hopeful they haven’t underestimated it…

They are also being cautious with Toby

Yep. Same story. He has a really good run in the off season and came back fit and fresh. Had a strong shuttle run and then in the next session had a ”collision injury”. They are saying Liz Frank which scared me but I am assured they believe it is at minor end and he will be back fully recovered first training week in 2024 - I am just hopeful they haven’t underestimated it…

Lisfranc?

Oh f* me

Rip Smh GIF

Hopefully with Clark he can get some continuity in the new year, maybe play some minutes in the practice games and aim to build his load through the first few VFL games. No reason at all to push for round 1. But also no reason he can't be playing AFL from round 5 and lock in his spot if he's good enough.

When what makes you great is your speed off the mark, and ability to run all day, then we don't want Jez being big and muscular.

Been lanky as anything his whole career, and one of the best key forwards in virtually all of those years.

Reckon Ollie Henry has similar traits, and if we look at where the game appears to be heading, Tomahawk is probably the outlier in terms of what clubs are clamouring for as next generation key forwards.

Tom's just so damn good and a legend of the gam with extremely underrated footy smarts, so it doesn't really matter for him.

But as we've seen with the likes of Boyd, McCartin, Patton and so forth, unless you're an absolute gun like Tom is, players in that mold have been phased out of the game a bit.
I still think the game exists for the Power Forward hulking types, but they need a high level of skill.

It's just that we haven't really seen a new kid of that type and skillset yet. Boyd, McCartin and Patton are a bit on the soft side mentally, and don't play like a brute, whereas Tomahawk has no issues throwing his weight around in a marking contest.

Hawkins is a rare build too, most guys that height and get filtered into the AFL system are more on the athletic side. You do need a game plan around those hulking power forward types of players too.

I still think the game exists for the Power Forward hulking types, but they need a high level of skill.

It's just that we haven't really seen a new kid of that type and skillset yet. Boyd, McCartin and Patton are a bit on the soft side mentally, and don't play like a brute, whereas Tomahawk has no issues throwing his weight around in a marking contest.

Hawkins is a rare build too, most guys that height and get filtered into the AFL system are more on the athletic side. You do need a game plan around those hulking power forward types of players too.

I think categorising KPF falls into a sample size problem. There isn't many of them to begin with, the ones that last long enough to build a repulation are their own unique beasts

#Respect to you both...

Honestly guys, this makes me feel a lot better. If it's a contact injury, then it's not a case of a 'hot spot' or structural issues with the feet/gait kinda thing. Similar to Phoenix in that regard.

If they're saying it's minor and he'll be back in Jan, almost certainly means it's a sprain and not a break - as he'd be sidelined for months otherwise.

Best news we could have hoped for - thanks for the info, legends 😍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back