Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

One thing the club had done extremely well this year is to not get desperate and rush players back too early . If the injury was a 4 weeker, then they've given them 5-6 just to make sure. I think once they are selected, they are ready to go for the full game
And this will have us in a perfect spot for late H&A/finals

crafty nankervis might have a thing or two to say about tdk. he already ran rings around goldstein though so see what happens there.
richmond will back themselves like any of the big 4 do, regardless of ladder. back of their mind, they took down sydney.
lynch might have blown the cobwebs away. a bit like geelong will be doing soon, they're sorting the wheat from the chaff in their list and some of the kids are finding their feet. people who watch more richmond than me though seem also less complimentary than me about the less experienced players they have running around but a few have made way with taranto etc, coming back.
they're better now than they were a few weeks ago when they were spanked by 200 points across round 9-10. but we should put them away.
Lynch might have blown away the cobwebs but he can't blow away WEITERBOT

Far too many suggesting Kennedy as a sub option. Why?

Why minimise our natural strength at stoppages. Along with Cripps, he gives us brut strength. He allows Cripps to move forward & swap as a 3rd key option and gives Cripps a chop out if he has been heavily tagged. (We all saw what happened in the Prelim last year)

Even more important when we have one Ruckman and ask McKay & Cripps to do some rucking.

We want Cripps to give us 3 or 4 more years of great output. And any help he gets and having a player like Kennedy who maintains our contested stoppage identity cannot be underestimated.
You make a good point, and I agree we don’t want to leave Crippa exposed but for a few games over the next month or so I want to bring Pitto in to ease TDK work load.

Pitto brings a lot a clearance work, blocks, shepards etc that help Cripps and Kennedy has versatility which makes for a good sub.

Hard to achieve balance and make sure we are cherry ripe for the business end of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the thinking goes is that cripps kennedy hewett and cerra all are onballers or bust

play all 4 and one has to be on the bench too long or someone is played out of position

personally id sub hewett as hes less versatile and kennedy has been in great form

I think it’s his versatility that makes Kennedy a good sub, saying that he certainly is playing well enough to be in the starting lineup.

I wish they would ditch the sub and have 5 on the interchange!!!!!

I think Martin is much closer than a month away from playing I think the report is half right and he has been to QLD and is now back in full training.

I reckon he plays in ressies either this week or next.

He was running at Ikon Park yesterday with the other Rehab players, so he's definitely back from QLD.

Hard to say. Voss has a lot of belief in Fantasia. I think it might be Cerra in for Corey Durdin.

Durds would probably benefit more from a full VFL game instead of a quarter as a sub.
Fantasia adds something with his classy touches off the bench/wing.

Maybe they bring Ollie out for Cerra, but they haven’t dropped him all year & he’s worked his way into the season nicely.

It’s a tough shuffle this week. I loved Kennedy’s game this week in the midfield - part of our three-pronged Bull rotation. With Cez back we now have the balance outside - Walsh, Cez & Elijah.

Not sure on this one yet - it’s hard to change a team that has performed so well.

Kennedy had 31 touches, a goal and tackled very strongly........ Was very good

He isn't being dropped for Cerra.

Has to be Orazio out for Cerra and a slight re jig.

Durds for Mots.

That is all for this week.

The sub is the question!

Surely Mots needs game time even if it’s the 2’s.

That forward line was humming in the first st half, can’t see Orazio missing, Voss is a fan!

Had to be Ollie to the subs vest..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Ollie is safe until Cottrell is back and even then.

Durdin out for Cerra

Fantasia will be sub imo

Only reason I say Ollie is that structurally Cerra is a pure mid and he can swap with Walsh on the wing. I can’t see the forwards coach or Vossy wanting too mess with the forwards structure at all. Fanta is super smart and organizes the forwards extremely well.

Fantasia did a couple of nice things, but I reckon he doesn’t like contact, physical contact

Vossy likes him but
They got on well together at Port and part of the reason Fantasia wanted to come to the Blues.

Apparently Fantasia even made some special pasta sauce for Vossy. In some countries that would be a declaration of commitment and grounds for marriage…😀

It’s a very different role. I’d see them both in. Fog is brilliant by hand in tight & love his pressure obviously.

I don’t see Fog keeping JM out.

Can squeeze both in … but it might squeeze Owies out.

Martin McKay E Hollands
Motlop Curnow Williams
Fogarty the 7th fwd.

Cottrell Cripps Acres
TDK Cerra Walsh
Kennedy as the extra mid

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Newman McGovern Saad
Cowan as the 7th defender

Cincotta as the tagger.
Hewett as the sub

No room for Owies, Fantasia, Durdin, O Hollands. Obviously still queries on Cotts, Martin and Motlop being fit and in form to displace those currently in the team.

Kennedy doesn't need to be sub for his versatility to be an asset whenever the sub is activated.

That’s true but how do we ensure TDK gets suitable management without bringing in Pitto?

If we do bring Pitto in do we rest TDK or take out/move to the sub a midfielder?

Which mid should go out? Having seen Hewett as sub before, I think he is not suited as he has a good tank but is one paced and has really only played a mid role.

I think a fresh Kennedy is a more dynamic inclusion. If he comes in 10 mins into the third he offers a lot.

Anyway we try it, it’s a tricky job to balance the team if Cez and Pitto come in.

Can squeeze both in … but it might squeeze Owies out.

Martin McKay E Hollands
Motlop Curnow Williams
Fogarty the 7th fwd.

Cottrell Cripps Acres
TDK Cerra Walsh
Kennedy as the extra mid

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Newman McGovern Saad
Cowan as the 7th defender

Cincotta as the tagger.
Hewett as the sub

No room for Owies, Fantasia, Durdin, O Hollands. Obviously still queries on Cotts, Martin and Motlop being fit and in form to displace those currently in the team.
Motlop’s done zilch to earn himself a spot since back.

Owies just had one of his best games - his work around the ground is becoming more important. Can’t believe he’s so under rated.

I like the idea of Motlop - Owies has him covered for now.

Cotters on Ollie is an interesting watch. Cotters has a few layers young Ollie doesn’t yet - covers his two way running, kicks more goals & can cover a player if needed, also has better disposal efficiency.

But Ollie hasn’t been dropped yet!

I’d also have Hewett in the side & if we must Kennedy to sub - can go forward mid or back as needed.

It’s a puzzle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back