Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

IF there is one player we must protect and manage for him to be at the peak of his powers when finals come its Tommy. (And Crippa - I guess thats two). IF we are going to play two rucks, it should be in games like this. Give Tommy a chop out. Its near on impossible for a ruckman to continue to back up in the form he has been in week in week out. Its just so taxing. Save him as the one out ruckman for games against the Pies,Power, GWS and maybe the Bulldogs. IMO

IF there is one player we must protect and manage for him to be at the peak of his powers when finals come its Tommy. (And Crippa - I guess thats two). IF we are going to play two rucks, it should be in games like this. Give Tommy a chop out. Its near on impossible for a ruckman to continue to back up in the form he has been in week in week out. Its just so taxing. Save him as the one out ruckman for games against the Pies,Power, GWS and maybe the Bulldogs. IMO

I agree wholeheartedly.

Given it’s Nank, this week seems like a logical game to bring in Pitto.

The dilemma is how to structure around that. TDK is in such a rich vein of form, that a complete week off seems a shame, but to allow him to ease off a little is very important.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom needs the experience against the nank types too - all part of learning and fine tuning.

I don’t think we should interfere too much with the current good form - let it roll along.

Tom and others will get a rest week before finals.
Exactly

I think one of Taranto, Bolton, or Baker will be his next ventriloquist puppet.

I would personally consider Rioli so we can stop their drive from half back, but I don't think that's a likely possibility.
Cinc could handle all 4 imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over our first 8/9 games of footy, most of the team looked like they were running in quicksand/heavy legs. There’s a really stark change now(whether it’s because we have a few more key players back and allows more rotation)as we seem to be really running well across the ground with a lot more penetration when we kick the ball as well. Just overall look alot sharper

Over our first 8/9 games of footy, most of the team looked like they were running in quicksand/heavy legs. There’s a really stark change now(whether it’s because we have a few more key players back and allows more rotation)as we seem to be really running well across the ground with a lot more penetration when we kick the ball as well. Just overall look alot sharper
Last season was the same in my opinion, then the second half of the year we appeared to be like this year, quicker/turnover pushing harder.

Agreed.

I’ve been wondering if it’s also a little bit to do with a better game plan…particularly the big improvement in our turnover game which involves more of our running type players?

On top of that our grunt players stick what they do best - win the contested balls.

More excitement for al players because everyone is chipping in …one way or another.

As viewers we also get a big kick out of it.

Overall it’s working a treat.

Tom needs the experience against the nank types too - all part of learning and fine tuning.

I don’t think we should interfere too much with the current good form - let it roll along.

Tom and others will get a rest week before finals.
NOt suggesting he gets rested at all. And he can still get experience against the likes of Nankervis. Just reduce his workload.

If Cez is fit he won't play VFL. Only one change for me. Cez in for Durdin.

Fanta or Ollie as sub.
I really don't love a small forward as sub.

We've been lucky we haven't had to lean on the sub as late. Needs to be someone that can actually impact the game, should we need it. It's as much tactical as it is injury related.

Having Durdin come on for 1 disposal is not going to cut it come finals.

We've been lucky we haven't had to lean on the sub as late. Needs to be someone that can actually impact the game, should we need it. It's as much tactical as it is injury related.

I agree. Having small forward as sub isn't ideal. However you can probably get away with it during a H&A game and while you wait for injured players to return- which is what we've been doing recently. Fanta can play small forward or HHF so he's not a bad option as sub imo.

Come finals time, and hopefully with more best 22 players available, I expect us to be choosing a more suitable sub.

Durds did a few good things & last week he was great I think he’s a good sub

I’m going to back the coaching staff

Durds did a few good things & last week he was great I think he’s a good sub

I’m going to back the coaching staff
He was on the ground for 25 mins for 1 handball. No tackles, no kicks.

I get backing the coaching staff but not even Vossy will convince me he came on and had any kind of meaningful impact.

Not sure if you misread my post.

I had Durds out. Fanta/Ollie as sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back