Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like they want to find out with Marchy as they already know what Kempy can deliver.

Would love S Durdin to come in relieving Marchbank to interceptor just to see.

Wonder if Pitto staying in is insurance for a slightly sore TDK. Would rather Pitto play as sole ruck if that was the case.

Weiters/Marchbank/Durdin maybe….are you kidding me!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Durdin was very good in the VFL and deserves a chance to save his career, especially against his old mob.

Marchbank… well maybe he plays better with another actual KPD. But I’d rather Kemp, even if he wasn’t great last week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp has been awful so not suprised
I’m not completely sold on Kemp but 2 weeks ago he played on Hogan which was just a ridiculous decision by the coaching group.
And there is no way last week he was worse than Marchbank. Marchbank falling over under no pressure was as bad as I have ever seen at AFL level.
That Marchbank is ahead of Kemp is a head scratcher.

Looks like they want to find out with Marchy as they already know what Kempy can deliver.

Would love S Durdin to come in relieving Marchbank to interceptor just to see.

Wonder if Pitto staying in is insurance for a slightly sore TDK. Would rather Pitto play as sole ruck if that was the case.

History has shown that if Marchbank is fit he will play ahead of Kemp. Whether people agree with it or not, it’s what happens. He historically takes a few games to get up to speed. Kemp is not a natural defender and I think this shows the MC see that too but he’s had to play back because we have no faith in Young and Durdin and the constant injuries to Marchy and Gov. Kemp should play forward, that’s always been my opinion.

S. Durdin surely plays this week though otherwise we go in with just Weiters and Marchy and I think that’s way too risky.

I don’t like us flip-flopping between one and two rucks depending on matchups. It ruins our continuity so we have to work our preferred setup and quickly. We’ve had all year and apparently the MC are still none the wiser.

I think the bench will be Boyd, Hewett, Cottrell, S. Durdin with Owies as the sub. Pitto, Carroll and Cunners as the emergencies.

Last edited:
Wouldnt be surprised if Durdin played, and the coaches want a look at Weiters, Marchy and Durds. Maybe to free Weiters up a little bit? Kemp has been really poor the last few weeks, so I sort of get the omission. Could also just be us trying a different look

So if the "three changes" post from a very reliable poster yesterday is true it does narrow things down a bit:

We already have two changes confirmed by Carlton -
OUT: Williams (inj) and Kemp
IN: Motlop and Hewett

That means there is only one other change happening and we have 7 other players on the extended bench (Boyd, Cottrell, Owies, Cuningham, Carroll, Durdin and Pittonet).

So for the last change the OUT is either Boyd, Cottrell, Owies or Pittonet as they all played last week. I assume the out is either Pittonet (my guess) or Cottrell.

With Pink potentially out I don't think Durdin comes in. That leaves Cuningham or Carroll as an option. I think Cuningham is the one.

My guess: Last change will be Pittonet for Cuningham

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back