Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the "three changes" post from a very reliable poster yesterday is true it does narrow things down a bit:

We already have two changes confirmed by Carlton -
OUT: Williams (inj) and Kemp
IN: Motlop and Hewett

That means there is only one other change happening and we have 7 other players on the extended bench (Boyd, Cottrell, Owies, Cuningham, Carroll, Durdin and Pittonet).

So for the last change the OUT is either Boyd, Cottrell, Owies or Pittonet as they all played last week. I assume the out is either Pittonet (my guess) or Cottrell.

With Pink potentially out I don't think Durdin comes in. That leaves Cuningham or Carroll as an option. I think Cuningham is the one.

My guess: Last change will be Pittonet/Cottrell for Cuningham

Pitto out, Cuners in would be the 3rd change

Well done rumour boy, nails it again

I have no words.

Dropping Kemp and continuing to play Marchbank “just to see what he can do” is the type of attitude that will see us lose on Sunday.

What a way to throw away such a promising season
The selectors seem to think Kemp is not quite good enough and are desperately exploring other options. Imo I agree. Obviously Marchbank hasn't looked great, but they don't have many choices unfortunately

Can't believe they are keeping Ollie in the team.
I think he's 2 years away from being a great player for us. But his form has been poor for a while and he seems to be the weakest link in our mids.

Keen to see how S Durdin goes and I think Marchy has a much better game this week. He always takes a couple of games to get going

I have no words.

Dropping Kemp and continuing to play Marchbank “just to see what he can do” is the type of attitude that will see us lose on Sunday.

What a way to throw away such a promising season

Well, we are just seeing with the 2 ruck choice. We are just seeing with Cincotta as a tagger/HFF and now probably HBF again. We were 'just seeing' with Williams when he went forward.

Part of this seeing with Marchbank is because there is a 'gaping hole' as the second tall defender given McGovern has the interceptor role. Kemp has 100% proved he cant play the role due to being in the wrong weight division (falls over, pushed off a lot - so much so they don't even award contested one on one losses against him because he is too far from the actual final mark).

Can we put George on defence side of centre bounce and stoppages. .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a way, that is where I'd try Cincotta.
  1. Opposition ruck win tap
  2. Player under heat handpasses backwards
  3. Next player handpasses backwards sidewards
  4. Player runs fwd and kicks inside 50
Cincotta with his speed should be stationed on that side of the centre bounce with the role of pressure/tacking. The effectiveness comes down to AFL IQ and the nuance of knowing which player to hold up out of steps 2,3,4.

If Marchy is playing as interceptor (Gov's role) then playing Durdin as the second tall (Kemp's role) makes sense. This keeps the structure we seem to prefer.

I also don't see why Pink would be dropped - he's doing a job up forward and provides flexibility in case he's needed down back should Harry/Charlie get off the lead or Logue need to be managed.

If that's the case then either Pitto (to the VFL) or TdK (another week off to get over hia ankle) are candidates for the third out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a way, that is where I'd try Cincotta.
  1. Opposition ruck win tap
  2. Player under heat handpasses backwards
  3. Next player handpasses backwards sidewards
  4. Player runs fwd and kicks inside 50
Cincotta with his speed should be stationed on that side of the centre bounce with the role of pressure/tacking. The effectiveness comes down to AFL IQ and the nuance of knowing which player to hold up out of steps 2,3,4.

Well said.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kemp gets the tallest forward every bloody week, and we won't try him anywhere else on the ground. Despite this, he is not as shaky as Marchbank, contests everything in the air ... unlike Marchbank, actually holds his mark ... unlike Marchbank. I truly hope another club comes for him, and he leaves. He gets shafted far too much. When Marchbank is omitted, we sugar coat it with 'managed'. When Kemp is omitted, we let everyone know he's our nominated scapegoat.

Marchbank, Cottrell, Boyd, Fogarty, Ollie Hollands ... horribly out of form, but a good chance that none or maybe one of them is out of the side.

This selection committee plays favourites.

Nothing that happens against 17th placed North is going to change my mind on this. I'm incredibly frustrated.

After the last two losses where we lacked intensity and were scored on heavily due to the sheer volume of inside 50s the defenders had to endure, we drop a defender who was in better form than one who stayed, we have one forced change through injury, and we will probably leave our a ruckman as we don't need two this week.

Some players have endless credits and some are first out when anything goes wrong.

Really should win this one... by a fair margin.

With that said, this is precisely the kind of game we lose.
We haven’t lost a game like this since Adelaide 2022. It was a loss we’d have all the time under Teague. These are the sorts of games we fill our boots in usually

I’m not completely sold on Kemp but 2 weeks ago he played on Hogan which was just a ridiculous decision by the coaching group.
And there is no way last week he was worse than Marchbank. Marchbank falling over under no pressure was as bad as I have ever seen at AFL level.
That Marchbank is ahead of Kemp is a head scratcher.
Yes a F joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back