Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully, we have moved on from those times. I have confidence in how the club now conducts its business, including the coaching group, it's like chalk and cheese.

I don’t feel confident at all in this game…

Why would anyone drop Kemp for Kennedy in defence 🤦 Kemp would have been the perfect matchup for Zurhaar…

If our midfield brings the form of the last 2 weeks, we could get rolled..
Nah disagree. I love Kempy, but Zurhaar would’ve mauled him 1v1

Why would anyone drop Kemp for Kennedy in defence 🤦 Kemp would have been the perfect matchup for Zurhaar…

We are playing the team that's 17th on the ladder, we will be fine, there will be a response to what happened in the past two weeks, I have no doubt.

Cincotta, Cowan and Newman will be fine down back. Kennedy will spend most of his time in the midfield.

We will destroy them

It’s only mixed messaging and confusing to players if they don’t talk to the players…. And there’s no evidence of that

Even if they talk to them which I’m sure they do, dropping a player based on form only to have that player still named an emergency with a chance of playing still doesn’t sit right with me.

What do you say.. ‘Kempy we need you to go back to reserves and find form because we don’t trust you at the moment.. but Kempy we still may need you to play this week even though we don’t rate your form or think your best 22 currently?’

It’s wishy washy messaging because there’s no integrity to it. If the player needs to regain form then stick to your mantra and follow through on that.

Even if they talk to them which I’m sure they do, dropping a player based on form only to have that player still named an emergency with a chance of playing still doesn’t sit right with me.

What do you say.. ‘Kempy we need you to go back to reserves and find form because we don’t trust you at the moment.. but Kempy we still may need you to play this week even though we don’t rate your form or think your best 22 currently?’
Who would you name as an emeregency instead of him to cover any possible last minute mishap suffered by a defender?

Or…

Kemp we don’t have a match up for you this week mate?

You’re looking for the negative. Team is very happy

Durdin struggles to make it through training according to track watchers and is now in the team. That’s a hell of a risk to take when we’re only going in with the 2 tall defenders.

And.. Kemp now an emergency. He was dropped to find form at VFL level and yet still may play regardless. That reiterates two things..
a) It stinks of mixed messaging and must be confusing to the players
b) It shows we are wafer thin in viable defensive talls and however we achieve it, we have to address this at the end of the year. All of Young, Durdin and Marchy probably have to go but how do we replace them all with a lack of currency and no viable trade targets?

Either way.. we have to win and find some form. Need to rediscover our mojo and that balance between attack and defend.
Which track watchers are we referring to? Durdin remained as an emergency after training (he wouldn't have been if injured). Durdin was named in the reserves. You might be just placing too much faith in "track watchers".

Which track watchers are we referring to? Durdin remained as an emergency after training (he wouldn't have been if injured). Durdin was named in the reserves. You might be just placing too much faith in "track watchers".
I didn't see what Voss actually said but if he said he'll play this weekend if he gets through training did he specifically say that he'd play seniors? Regardless, as you say he was listed as an emergency so he was named.

It’s wishy washy messaging because there’s no integrity to it. If the player needs to regain form then stick to your mantra and follow through on that.
I think the players understand the vagaries of team selection.
As long as the messaging about what Kemp needs to work on is clear, it doesn’t really matter if he’s named in the team, as an emergency or in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody oath. I have heaps. WORST EVER
I heard that Teague went a whole season without even talking to one of our players, crazy stuff.

The track watcher was a journalist from News Ltd who was at Princes Park yesterday. It was his observation that Durdin didn’t get through training.

Or…

Kemp we don’t have a match up for you this week mate?

You’re looking for the negative. Team is very happy

I’m not trying to suggest the the team isn’t happy. It’s my opinion that if you drop a player to find form they shouldn’t be in line to still play seniors. And if he was dropped for not having a matchup, he’d feel a little peeved that Marchy was selected ahead of him when effectively they’re both third tall intercepting types. Once again my opinion.

Who would you name as an emeregency instead of him to cover any possible last minute mishap suffered by a defender?

This is the issue. We are wafer thin for defensive talls. You’d say Young but by all reports that I’ve read he isn’t warranting a call up. Either way it highlights the necessity for us to address this at the end of the year.

Exactly. When Voss said that Kemp needs to go back and work on a few things we had Boyd and Marchbank named in the team and available.

They are now both ruled out injured / illness. What other defenders do people expect to see as an emergency in the circumstances ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back