Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon we'll actually stick with that line up?

Cottrell on the Acres wing worries me... he hasn't been in form and while he was better against North, still not up to scratch imo.

Should put Cerra there.
He doesn't have the stamina to be running up and down the wing all game. I don't think I've seen him ever run down a player. Id be worried he wont be accountable on transition

To be fair i don't really like him in midfield in his current form. Unfortunately i think he is one of the undroppables so he wont be sent back to the VFL to build form. He is a shadow of the player he was last year
Yep. Didn't light the world on fire at half back but far better than he's been in the midfield.

Thought he showed good signs in the second half. He's a good kick and changes angles well.

I'm curious as to why Marchbank was named for Kemp last week, and was a late out with an illness, but isn't in instead of Kemp for tomorrow night. Still sick, or was that one game from Kemp enough to show the consistency that Voss wanted to see? I'm not complaining mind you.

Last edited:
Reckon we'll actually stick with that line up?

Cottrell on the Acres wing worries me... he hasn't been in form and while he was better against North, still not up to scratch imo.

Should put Cerra there.
Cerra is not fast enough to play on a wing, especially under the roof at Marvel. Would get smashed on the rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then put Cerra in the middle and stick Walsh on the wing. Cottrell gets lost...
Im not opposed to that thinking but i think the MC & Voss see Walsh as a pure midfield and not a winger so i doubt it will ever happen.

Im a fan of Cottrell but i do think he needs to go back to the VFL. I know Binns is the Dow of this year, but i wouldnt have minded him coming in for a full game to see how he went. Hes a winger so at the least you know he will be accountable.

I havent watched much VFL so thats purely based on statistics and he may be way off

I'm curious as to why Marchbank was named for Kemp last week, and was a late out will an illness, but isn't in instead of Kemp for tomorrow night. Still sick, or was that one game from Kemp enough to show the consistency that Voss wanted to see? I'm not complaining mind you.
I think it was mentioned earlier with the people that had pulled up sore, that Marchbank still wasn't 100%

I'm curious as to why Marchbank was named for Kemp last week, and was a late out will an illness, but isn't in instead of Kemp for tomorrow night. Still sick, or was that one game from Kemp enough to show the consistency that Voss wanted to see? I'm not complaining mind you.
Bizarre selections recently. Having said that we have some good inclusions considering the outs.

Bizarre selections recently. Having said that we have some good inclusions considering the outs.

Really bizarre. I trust the MC so something larger must be at play (intentional management of minutes heading in to finals or perhaps something forced like a large number of niggles/ injuries)

Im not opposed to that thinking but i think the MC & Voss see Walsh as a pure midfield and not a winger so i doubt it will ever happen.

Im a fan of Cottrell but i do think he needs to go back to the VFL. I know Binns is the Dow of this year, but i wouldnt have minded him coming in for a full game to see how he went. Hes a winger so at the least you know he will be accountable.

I havent watched much VFL so thats purely based on statistics and he may be way off

Yeah same, I like Cottrell, he's come a long way... but he's not in form and he's not the type that is walk up starting 22. When he builds form, no doubt we slot him in, but when he's struggling to find it especially after a lengthy spell, he's a liability out there.

Binns still needs to develop, not AFL ready despite showing good form at VFL level, he will not be afforded the time and space and physically he will be brushed aside. Already got one winger that happens to, can't put 2 out there.

To be fair i don't really like him in midfield in his current form. Unfortunately i think he is one of the undroppables so he wont be sent back to the VFL to build form. He is a shadow of the player he was last year

I have no doubt if persisted with he would quickly find his best form. Too good a player not to. IMO moving him aroudn hasn't help him at all. He is mid, pure and simple

Binns still needs to develop, not AFL ready despite showing good form at VFL level, he will not be afforded the time and space and physically he will be brushed aside. Already got one winger that happens to, can't put 2 out there.

Is Binns any less ready than Hollands was?

I have some doubts on Binns but Voss spoke about rewarding good form in the VFL, then Acres is out. I thought it was perfect opportunity for him

He has earned it more than some others IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back