Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game is too important to bring in Binns for Acres. I'd have Ollie and Cottrell managing one wing, with Walsh and Elijah managing the other. Elijah can be on the wing when Walsh goes into the centre for bounces.

Tipping Pitto to have a big game. He'll be way too good for Sweet.

I think the game is too important to bring in Binns for Acres. I'd have Ollie and Cottrell managing one wing, with Walsh and Elijah managing the other. Elijah can be on the wing when Walsh goes into the centre for bounces.

Tipping Pitto to have a big game. He'll be way too good for Sweet.
Binns has earned his chance. Needs to play with Acres out and will be selected.

Cottrell and Ollie Hollands are guaranteed starters for our side every week they would be in the top 1% of runners in the entire AFL they help balance out our contested midfielders like Cripps Hewett Cerra and Kennedy who are poor to average runners

Talk of playing Cerra or Kemp on a wing is completely delusional in modern football Kemp in particular would blow up after 10 minutes on a wing it’s a completely different type of running required to sprint up and down a wing compared to following an opponent around like a caravan playing across halfback.

Have we seen Weits, Marchbank, McGov and Kemp all in the one team?

I’d like to see it. As I mentioned in another post, think it’d give us a degree of versatility.
I would like to see it more often then round out the backline with Saad, Newman and Boyd I think is our best mix, I like the idea of McGovern or Kemp on smaller opponents from time to time they have enough speed and can zone off when necessary.

Binns has earned his chance. Needs to play with Acres out and will be selected.

Maybe so and maybe he will. It's just that I hold a different opinion. I'd like continuity for the players who will be playing finals.

In: Pittonet, Martin, Kemp, Boyd, McGovern
Out: Acres, TDK, S Durdin, Cowan, Carroll/Cuningham

Martin in leaves us with another marking option when McKay goes into the ruck, and also to cover for Elijah going to the wing. I do realise that we might want him to have another week or two in the VFL, but there is no doubt he will be there for finals if fit, and I'm not sure Binns can secure a spot at this late stage and take anybody's spot.

I'd be happy to play him against West Coast though, and give someone a rest.

Edit: Gov in for Cowan

Last edited:
Maybe so and maybe he will. It's just that I hold a different opinion. I'd like continuity for the players who will be playing finals.

In: Pittonet, Martin, Kemp, Boyd
Out: Acres, TDK, S Durdin, Carroll/Cuningham

Martin in leaves us with another marking option when McKay goes into the ruck, and also to cover for Elijah going to the wing. I do realise that we might want him to have another week or two in the VFL, but there is no doubt he will be there for finals if fit, and I'm not sure Binns can secure a spot at this late stage and take anybody's spot.

I'd be happy to play him against West Coast though, and give someone a rest.
No Gov?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with those changes.

Port: in Farrell, Jones Out Williams, Lord.

This means that Gov or Kemp won't have a tall opponent. Port going small.

I know you're thinking there will be a few late changes. Young in the emergencies is a worry for me. I guess he's there for Gov.

I know your people also think Walsh won't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back