Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ins hopefully everyone who’s in doubt to play are right to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kennedy will not make it, just a gut feel.

Binns could come in to replace him and play at half-forward. Is capable of snagging a couple.

Cunners to play on the wing, with some help from Walsh.

If they are honestly keeping Boyd out of the team in order to name Cerra at HB, I'll get an "essendon forever" tattoo on my forehead.
This is what you would look like. Do you really want that
Bubba J Lol GIF by Jeff Dunham

We don’t do cliches anymore here……it might just be their ‘grand final’ after all
Or an 8 point game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just rewatched H2 of the Tigers-Port game.

In Adelaide.

Tigers were without 12 of their best 22.

Were a goal down at 3-4 time despite the umpires being very kind to Port....

Then Nank went off injured.

Port got a hold of them...

But were average to be polite.

Comments:

1. They use a very high defensive press - get over that, easy goals. Tigers did it heaps.
2. Rioli is their gem up forward...
3. Dixon - meh, will play dirty to get a kick...
4. They're terrible defensively.
5. Rozee/Butters - over hyped.
6. The twerp with a mo? Horn-Francis - way over hyped, would play Cotts - or even Cerra or Cuners/E Hollands - on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat them on their home deck last time, vossy knows Hinkleys style, Dixon can only kick the Zimmer frame away for 10 mins a game. They have an attacking midfield that is allergic to physical pressure and a defence that consists of Aleer and not much else.
I am expecting to see us hunt in packs, close their space down and tackle them into submission. By halftime they will be broken, after which H and C will pile on the goals.
W by 60 pts+

Carroll sub or this is another match committee own goal.

No Boyd is weird. Thought he’d be a good matchup for Willie Rioli.

Hmmm, First Crack just said Port have won 10 of their last 11 at Marvel….

Was confident as until I heard that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As always, such stats should always be viewed with some degree of context.

Last 11 results (most recent first, working backwards):
(2024)
- beat St Kilda (62-60)
(2023)
- lost to Carlton (72-122)
- beat Bulldogs (107-85)
- beat St Kilda (83-76)
(2022)
- beat Essendon (146-62)
(2021 - COVID Hubs)
- beat Bulldogs (66-64)
- beat GWS (100-73)
- beat Collingwood (97-69)
- beat St Kilda (74-61)
- beat Hawthorn (87-53)
- beat North Melbourne (117-65)

2024, St Kilda are rubbish.
2023, Port were very good, finishing third on the ladder, we belted them, and the Dogs and Saints were mid-table sides.
2022, Essendon were rubbish.
2021, Port were very good, finishing third on the ladder, Roos, Pies and Hawks were all bottom 6, Saints and Giants were mid-table sides (and Giants game was a neutral venue), only Bulldogs were a top 6 side and that game was a tight one.

There's also, as you can expect from the media, selective sampling. Why is 2021 relevant to the discussion? Cause Port won 6 games there that year and it makes the 10-1 record look impressive. The previous 11 games they went 5-6, so of course we'll just look at the last 11 ;)

Of their last 11 games at Marvel, they've won 5 games against shit teams, 4 games against mid-tables sides in years that Port themselves were running hot, 1 game against a strong side, and got done to the tune of 50 points by the mighty Blues when we got our shit together last season.

Yep.

Having Gov back helps. But if we bring the same subpar pressure (about 150) that we brought against North, the game will be done and dusted at half time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gov was at the footy club last night for my sons pizza night (U13's) Boys loved him. He is great with the kids. Was in good spirits, said body was feeling good and ready to go. He asked if he could have some pizza to which I said absolutely not, get straight home and into bed you have a big game tomorrow. He obliged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back