Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,lose and we could drop to fifth?

I feel like we are a bit like the Bulldogs at the moment - which 'Carlton' is going to turn up.

At out best we win easily.

But if we turn up with this listless effort we are in trouble.

Our best game style seems to be so taxing that we can't sustain over a whole season.

Port are way more flaky than us thankfully.

The boys must realise the importance of these games...

Charlie needs to do in Q1 what he inevitably does in Q3.

The Port defence is a real weakness, Houston aside... he's their quarterback.

He's due a big 10-goal haul to seal the Coleman, I reckon. Though I'd be equally happy, if not happier, to see a smart game from him with 5+ goal assists.

Port are way more flaky than us thankfully.

The boys must realise the importance of these games...

Charlie needs to do in Q1 what he inevitably does in Q3.

The Port defence is a real weakness, Houston aside... he's their quarterback.
Cinc to Houston. Cinc winning this battle and kicking a couple of snags as well should go a long way towards a good result for us.

Weiters should be able to shut big Charlie down, he looks cooked.

Port have won 10/11 at Marvel. I just cannot understand why we play home games there instead of the MCG. If we lose tonight, top two is gone. Surely, the club can see that if this game was being played at the MCG, we'd have a better chance at winning? Marvel is a neutral venue at best. We absolutely should not be playing home games there.

Port have won 10/11 at Marvel. I just cannot understand why we play home games there instead of the MCG. If we lose tonight, top two is gone. Surely, the club can see that if this game was being played at the MCG, we'd have a better chance at winning? Marvel is a neutral venue at best. We absolutely should not be playing home games there.
Club dont have a choice atm

The Marvel deal ends this year so expect only 2-3 games at Marvel next season

The game of the 11 that they lost at Marvel was against us last year, comfortably. The reason that we play home games there is historical and came about because of some bad decisions our club made quite a while ago.

Doesn't matter though, we play wherever we are scheduled to play. No excuses.

Port are no mugs. If they are on and we are slightly off ... then it is going down to the wire.
Charlie and Harry have to wear their Goal kicking boots with a few snags from our smalls to help out.
Both teams are desperate to win this one. Our boys need to Man-up and get it done!
We need to keep 2nd spot and not give it up.

Last edited:
The only thing 'Not Quite Right' about tonight's blockbuster is that it is not in 4K.

I always enjoy a win, especially in Glorious 4K :thumbsu::carlton:

Backline improved
Midfield static - acres has been a gun but there’s people who can step up
Ruck - less than ideal but at least it’s a bonafide ruckman

All the pieces are there with a better structure than last week to win. The rest will be about effort.

We are still almost the highest score from turnover differential in the league. We lost some of that without Gov and Kemp who are excellent at intercepts. Now the midfield needs to contribute.

Cerra into the guts please.

Carlton by 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we are a bit like the Bulldogs at the moment - which 'Carlton' is going to turn up.

At out best we win easily.

But if we turn up with this listless effort we are in trouble.

Our best game style seems to be so taxing that we can't sustain over a whole season.
Ins & outs have a fair bit to do with our output.

Dogs all above the head - suspect our personnel missing (see Gov) is the main contributor.

After this one, we have an 8 day break before we play the filth.

Get the feeling we will sharpen the claws tonight. We'll do enough to assert authority over the game and hold them at bay.

3 goals, NID type of result I reckon... similar to last week but a bit more polished performance.

Port supporters are quite a funny bunch. There's a few who realise they're a 50/50 chance to win given their good record at Marvel and our form/injury issues at the moment.

But I reckon the majority (or at least those most vocal) hope they lose so Hinkley gets the sack. So odd.

Same every week. This is all about EFFORT from everyone

We have the talent and the structure. Just bring the EFFORT and we win

Blues by 28 points
Good Cunners number, good omen.

Just put 50 on him to get 30 and kick 3. Nice payday for me, Lol.

Seriously, Blues by 16 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back