Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like putting on an old pair of shoes.

The comfortable feeling of back to being one of the stragglers in the competition - I've got no nerves, no great expectations other than a good effort from the boys and to not be blown off the park.

Main interest again is if we have any green shoots in the three debutants.

Moir to kick 2 goals and make 4 tackles inside 50

Lord to have 23 disposals, and kick a goal

Binns to have 20 disposals, and 2 goal assists

Kennedy to kick 4 goals

My golf the last few weeks has been terrible, coincidentally mirroring our teams performance.
Today my round will finish as the game starts….im tipping a turnaround in my form, and by extension the teams.
I like JustaBattler thinking re picturing a disliked figure on the ball.
I just had 36 points which means the Blues will win well ⛳⛳

Like Cincotta for starting sub, but that leaves us with only 6 ‘genuine’ starting defenders.
Rather sub one of the debutants off than on. Don’t know how we balance Carrol, Lord, Hewett and Cripps around the stoppages though; that also assumes Kennedy spends a lot of time in the forward half.
Here’s hoping we actually get to make a tactical substitution this week.

Weirdly exciting to see such a different structural and personnel mix; we’re not exactly needing to rebuild but some rejuvenation is needed, today’s a good as day as any to start!

Just win today Baggers, please 🙏.. I still believe, this season is NOT dead yet, it’s a weird season where anything can happen, please don’t give up I’ll take 8th spot travelling to Brisbane I really don’t care, even if we lose our elimination final I don’t care, just make it, we’ve spent the best part of 2 decades watching EVERY OTHER TEAM play finals while we sit on the sidelines and sook, not anymore, time to stand up Blues, I’d much rather watch them 1 extra week as opposed to not watching them at all, I got a taste of finals last year and as a 33yo I want more, so come on baggers lift!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be an up hill battle if there is no

Arrow bounce the ball ffs

Hopefully we can defy history
I think you still owe an explanation for that awful comment you made re Lij. It seemed to come from nowhere..and out of character for you?

At the start of this year, it would have been fairly big odds that this game would be our biggest game of the year, yet here we are.

Our backs are against the wall with a top-8 spot on the line.

We'll come out of this game with one of two takeaways...
1. That's one of our greatest wins in recent history, or;
2. Our depth just isn't that good

Let's see which one it is.
Go Blues.

At the start of this year, it would have been fairly big odds that this game would be our biggest game of the year, yet here we are.

Our backs are against the wall with a top-8 spot on the line.

We'll come out of this game with one of two takeaways...
1. That's one of our greatest wins in recent history, or;
2. Our depth just isn't that good

Let's see which one it is.
Go Blues.

There’s the depth of dispair…..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why the national second tier comp will be beneficial. 3 players potentially won’t play a game this week because of travel and time difference of the games. Amateur hour
Normally we only take two, and with GWS, Sydney, Gold Coast, and Brisbane already in the VFL, this is an issue that occurs maybe 3 times a year at most aside from the WA and SA teams, and your solution kills the VFL entirely.

It does not matter that much, and can be addressed down the road if the league opts to move beyond 20 teams, subject to a lot more money being tipped into state leagues.

Spare a thought for a Darwin team entering the comp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back