Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The club stuffed this season up, Russell was never any good and the mc decided to be cute.

This is 100% failure I put on the club and not the players but being shit scared of playing Brisbane in Brisbane is weak loser stuff.
Not sure about Russy, but I agree the MC got a bit cute after the Geelong game….resting TDK after we just had a bye, putting players like Kennedy and Owies as sub, George as sub and VFL, etc…

Well, wowee.

Not the groups fault today. Severely undermanned side and completely makeshift side out there - had a crack and was pushing shit up hill from the most repulsive umpiring you'll ever see in the 1st half. As close to match fixing as I've seen, and I rarely shit on umps.

Anyway, the club just let everyone down this year, just a rubbish effort.

Fitness - completely butchered by the s&c team. Experimenting with a heavy pre-season all the way through to R0 cooked us right from the start. Players broken down early in the year which puts us right on the backfoot. Then to hear throughout the year we're still get flogged mid-week was just insane, good ****ing riddance to Andrew Russell.

Coaches - hard to tell how much is instruction v execution with our fragile mob but honestly, the game plan has been terrible. Move slow and kick long to Harry/Charlie. It took a breaking point of injuries to play a more modern, nimble game plan which saw us look infinitely better. I don't know if our assistants are any good or not so I won't bother commenting. I will say, this group are on their 3rd coaching group so I'm suss to keep blaming coaches.

MC - selection integrity has been a joke. Binns 'not ready' my ass - he looks fine out there. Moir looks great, Cooper Lord ditto. It's not rocket science that some kids play better at AFL level than VFL, sometimes you've just got to drop an underperforming senior player to give a young bloke a run. But nope, just his favorites strolling straight in all the time. Dropping Hewett, playing Cerra, Cottrell with zero preparation - just ridiculous. Voss needs to ****ing fix this as it's a serious issue. This shit kills club morale.

List - still think our list is good enough for top 4, but honestly, the mental fragility to be unable to handle any expectation, ever is amateur, and I don't know if it can be fixed. Elite athletes need to have 'it', the arrogance, the desire for responsibility, the ability to embrace the moment and feed off the pressure. We cannot handle it - today is another example. Any time we look good is when we're not supposed to, when there's no expectation and can play freely. Unfortunately we can never have that luxury as we're a big, talked about club whom supporters & the industry have high expectations of. Have we drafted too many nice boys? I've heard Vossy say 'embrace expectation' about 100 times - but seriously why tf do they even mention it? Just shrug it off and play footy. ****ed if I know if we can overcome this - a psychologist would just make it worse imo. Just stop thinking about it instead of overthinking it.

I'm really gutted. Could not give a shit about the Port/Freo game, we've had every chance to control our destiny but we've blown it, every. single. time. Year after year, it doesn't end.

I may have lost faith in this group, we should've been playing finals by 2019-2020 and competing for flags by now, but look at us.

Really feel for Cripps, would not begrudge him if he gave us 1 more year then went for a flag in his latter years.
It's keeping players on the list that are continuously injured every single year that really does my head in.
They are too gutless to cut them from the list . Make the hard decisions and cut these players loose as the morale of the group must surely be effected when they continually go down with long term injuries. Enough is enough

Mentally inept

How many losses like these do they want

This just kills you as a group

Have to ****ing grow up some time

I actually think the opposite today, win that and it would have been the best win since 95 GF with the amount of players out injured and those shit campaigners missing noone

If not for one kick at goal from Kemp…it hurts bad but I was incredibly proud of that team today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness today Voss had very little to work with today. If the club didn’t have an injury list as long as a Tolstoy novel I’m sure Durdin and Motlop (and a few others) wouldn’t have been playing today. I actually thought the effort today was fantastic. We had the chance to win, we just didn’t take it.

I’m more pissed at the off field leaders of the club. Andrew Russell should’ve been shown the door last year. Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham should have been delisted at the end of last year. We’ve been missing a good small forward and tall back depth years.

We needed a tall presence up forward. We were up against it with our smalls having to take to the air to bring the ball to ground. Kemp brought plenty to ground, but another tall to rove to when you have so many smalls in their forward line, just makes sense.

This the entire football world know, yet I know we'll hear every commentator in the media saying umpires aren't to blame etc. Can't critisize them etc.
Well yes, Kemp missed a shot up one end, and we let one through the other not long after. We could have won but those were 2 glaring errors.
BUT, these overpaid peanuts in the media are only too happy to talk about momentum of a game, and how much it has an impact.
SO, why is it not a factor when they pay morale sapping frees against us for bullshit calls. That Cripps one is just absolutely wrong and that umpire is a disgrace. He couldn't possibly see it, the St. Kilda players back had totally blocked his view, and the ball was disposed of correctly, yet he paid a blind free. He could have just balled it up again if he was unsure, but no, he clearly had a guess. Should not umpire another game.
Yep. That was a total guess and he should be sacked.

It's keeping players on the list that are continuously injured every single year that really does my head in.
They are too gutless to cut them from the list . Make the hard decisions and cut these players loose as the morale of the group must surely be effected when they continually go down with long term injuries. Enough is enough

The players are such good mates though! How could they break that up!?!?!

Now let’s hope they trust these kids moving forward, other than Cripps if you play crap your dropped as there are guys willing and able to have a crack, just a shame it took till last two rounds to work it out… ( note: I put Harry Curnow and Dekoning as certainties) every one else fair game… coaches don’t learn that they are good enough to cover the injuries next time … get a coach that does… lists win premierships not just a team

Yep, remove this bullshit thought process that playing 2’s football shouldn’t happen for players returning from injury and that training blocks is all that you need.
I’d prefer Cerra and others playing a game or two getting form and fitness than bringing straight back into the team and breaking down over and over and over flipping again
Use all of your list over the course of the season, there’s some genuine young talent there itching for opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had a sinking feeling that he was going to miss and they were going to carry it the whole way. It's irrational and nothing for me to be proud of but it just seemed like a very Carlton thing to happen to us.
Right there with ya lol, said to dad watch this. And it actually did happen, saints just missed the shot they were always going to get out of it :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back