Autopsy 2024 Rd 7 Blues Go Down To Classy Cats In A Belter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion.

I don't know if Rhys Stanley played his worst game ever, or if Pittonet played his best, but either way, Pittonet was one of your best, along with Walsh, too.

I haven't seen a lot of your side play, but the big fella was seriously good - better than I realised - and it made me a little nervous pretty much every time the ball was thrown in the air or bounced.

I enjoyed the game, and I was happy with how our boys played. We got the better end of the umpiring for a lot of the game, but definitely you guys lost the game in front of goal.

P.S. please beat Collingwood next week.
Every time we got close your pressure and intent lifted kicking a goal or two holding us at bay all day.
Nothing to do with umpiring or our kicking for goal even if we kicked them, you would have lifted.
It gave the impression one team believed/wanted it more.
No wonder our coach is pissed.

Durdin must be dropped. Sorry, but he must be.

You cannot have pretty much zero impact on the game and then when your time comes miss a routine set shot like that.

That wasn't just a miss... it was a terrible miss. He's still young, developing player but fmd that's taking the piss that performance.

How many times Charlie outnumbered, brings the ball to ground i50 and Durdin's nowhere near it to crumb.

He needs to be disciplined.

This is post says it all…

I got a texted from a mate, ‘BRAVE’…

If anyone on here is not pissed off with that performance, then you need to wake up…

Voss will be livid and rightly so, it’s unacceptable to put in a performance like that and accept the ‘bad luck’ pats on the back…

Yes we are missing a few (and need them back if we want to get serious) but missing 20m out directly in front, when you have 1 job, is unacceptable and needs to be made an example of to set a benchmark…

If anyone on here is not pissed off with that performance, then you need to wake up…

Voss will be livid and rightly so, it’s unacceptable to put in a performance like that and accept the ‘bad luck’ pats on the back…

Yes we are missing a few (and need them back if we want to get serious) but missing 20m out directly in front, when you have 1 job, is unacceptable and needs to be made an example of to set a benchmark…
How does fans being pissed off help anything? We had a poor game in front of goals. We smacked Geelong in almost every major category that goes towards winning. Be disappointed, but getting angry doesn’t do anything other than create angst among the fanbase

How does fans being pissed off help anything? We had a poor game in front of goals. We smacked Geelong in almost every major category that goes towards winning. Be disappointed, but getting angry doesn’t do anything other than create angst among the fanbase

Brave…

Unfortunately yesterday we saw the difference between an elite coaching group and our mediocre coaching group with no plan B (rolling the dice when you are 33 points behind with 8 minutes left is not a plan B). I've given up all hopes of a premiership during the Voss era and am just hopeful we can play in some more big finals and regular season games at the MCG. Go Blues :)

Our 'mediocre' coaching group didn't kick 15 behinds!

Wasn’t at this game but curious to know who stood Cameron? Young or Kemp? It sure wasn’t Binns who was left to contest the mark that led to his sealer!

Young is being singled out, but not sure Jezza was his opponent at all times, hard to tell when watching on TV.

Please don't call him that.

There will only ever be 1 Jezza and he is a Carlton Legend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 'mediocre' coaching group didn't kick 15 behinds!

But our woeful forward system means we waste countless forward entries on easily defended plays.

Compare Geelong who were far cleaner and organised in their forward line to our long balls to at most times outnumbered forwards.

It's quite clear our small forwards are either terrible at that position and don't work hard enough or are not being coached to be better at the craft.

Multiple times our plan was or had to be kick it long to Charlie who has two or three opponents on him.

Multiple times our goals were from scrappy broken down plays rather than well structured forward entries.

Utterly dysfunctional a lot of the time when the ball heads towards our forwards.

Whether its unfair or not, because it happened at such a critical stage, it will stand out more than the other easy missed shots at goal... having said that, I can't think of an easier shot that was missed by anyone else, especially factoring in the degree at which he missed it...

I can tell you as we were walking back to Flinders, there were a lot of different groups all talking about that missed shot.

He played well against GWS, so maybe that'll be why Voss keeps him in, but if he doesn't put in a much better performance against the Pies then he's bound to be in the 2's.

I don't think we do learn though.

We still have terrible forward entries week after week.

Yet some how our coach thinks it's all down to defensive issues...
Team defence was definitely a problem on the weekend but I agree its not the only problem. Kicking execution across the ground is poor and forward entries need to improve.
On First Crack last night - 5 goals from 24 forward entries to Harry/Charlie. 5 goals from 13 entries to other players. Mids need to lower the eyes/be more patient when play slows.

You don't make a statement by dropping a player for missing a very gettable shot.

You send a player back to the VFL, if they aren't adhering to other facets of their role and or team ethos

Team defence was definitely a problem on the weekend but I agree its not the only problem. Kicking execution across the ground is poor and forward entries need to improve.
On First Crack last night - 5 goals from 24 forward entries to Harry/Charlie. 5 goals from 13 entries to other players. Mids need to lower the eyes/be more patient when play slows.

I had a perfect view over looking the ground during the game and it was so obvious at times how the play was going to unfold.

Multiple times we had a shorter safer pass on but we'd burn that player getting open and kick it long to the contested options.

This happened so often it has to be due to it being a team plan to more so than players constantly making poor decisions.

Given Voss never seems to mention it it can only mean he's on board with it.

Sad to lose the game, but we’ll learn, after all is said and done , Jeremy Cameron was just superb and the obvious difference between the two teams. If Patrick Dangerfield had continued to play for the entire game, Cameron would have bagged another 3 or 4 goals at least.

Sad to lose the game, but we’ll learn, after all is said and done , Jeremy Cameron was just superb and the obvious difference between the two teams. If Patrick Dangerfield had continued to play for the entire game, Cameron would have bagged another 3 or 4 goals at least.

Nah, he was gifted one of his 5 too let's not forget.

"but missing 20m out directly in front, when you have 1 job, is unacceptable and needs to be made an example of to set a benchmark…"

How else do you make an example of a player without dropping them

The context was around his performance as a whole. That missed shot came after being well below what would be expected from him. It capped off the sentiment.

"but missing 20m out directly in front, when you have 1 job, is unacceptable and needs to be made an example of to set a benchmark…"

How else do you make an example of a player without dropping them
I suppose you could force him to watch a Ross Lyon game on repeat.

Back