Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched replay of WCE game last night and this morning.

Even more impressed with the way we moved the ball, the options and forward handball, switching the ball and our delivery inside fwd 50 was the best I have seen in years

Yes, it was WC but it was an obvious change in game style and focus. Just hope we keep it up. It will be tougher this week but IMO if we keep doing this we will win

PS Watching Cripps his game just looked better and better. WOW what a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Voss accidentally found a new way to play/win based on last weeks win against weagles.

He is forced to play a similar game this week.

But I don’t believe we’ll have the same mid dominance as rabble mids are better than weagles. I think they’ll go all out to stop Cripps…which basically stops us.

Im super keen for the game though.

I think it gives our newish line up a really good challenge. Hopefully they stand to the occasion.

Jack Steele always does a good job, hopefully the coaches can get a bit creative this time round

What's the deal ... lose this and bye bye finals...

We need to win and get 7th above the Hawks

We don't want Brissy at the GABBA again ... cause that won't end well, especially without our A-Team in.

Last edited:
if not fantasia, would you
How about Wilson , will do as much if not more than fanta will.. plus get some experience.
We just learned that our youngsters just need an opportunity…effort, desire etc,
or we can just stick with these old broken, non contributors to keep some of you happy.
if not fantasia, would you rather monahan in?

What's the deal ... lose this and bye bye finals...

We need to win and get 7th above the Hawks

We don't want Brissy at the GABBA again ... cause that won't end well, especially without our A-Team in.
We would get more than a few back for the Finals, probably all our top 10 or close to it.

The bye week would do absolute wonders for us if we make it.

I believe these are the relevant permutations for the final round results:
Assuming GEE beat WCE and HAW beat NM (and stay ahead on %)...
  • CAR win & WBD win - 8th and play BL @ Gabba
  • CAR win & WBD lose - 7th and play HAW @ MCG
  • CAR lose & FRE lose - 8th and play BL @ Gabba
  • CAR lose and FRE win - 9th and miss finals
Can hope bombers beat lions and giants beat dogs and we win🤞by more than hawks finish 5th and play dogs week one of finals

Watched replay of WCE game last night and this morning.

Even more impressed with the way we moved the ball, the options and forward handball, switching the ball and our delivery inside fwd 50 was the best I have seen in years

Yes, it was WC but it was an obvious change in game style and focus. Just hope we keep it up. It will be tougher this week but IMO if we keep doing this we will win

PS Watching Cripps his game just looked better and better. WOW what a game

I know I posted a rumour to say Cripps and the leaders were given a bit of a dressing down for 'selfish' play.

I do reckon it looked like Cripps was handing the ball of quicker rather than trying to do the heroics and getting around a couple of players first. I thought you could see at times he thought about it but then got the ball away.

...maybe I was reading to much into it.

I know I posted a rumour to say Cripps and the leaders were given a bit of a dressing down for 'selfish' play.

I do reckon it looked like Cripps was handing the ball of quicker rather than trying to do the heroics and getting around a couple of players first. I thought you could see at times he thought about it but then got the ball away.

...maybe I was reading to much into it.

There was a definite change. Why or by who I don't know but it was good to see. I hope it's opened our eyes to possibilites

Acres and guile in the same sentence, lol

I should smack you for trolling on our team board, but the lesson is important too.

Acres left the Saints in 2019 at age 24. He has played more games elsewhere than he did for the Saints. How do you think you know more about him than those who follow him closely at almost 29 years of age, having gone through his peak years since?

You don't see Carlton supporters pretending to be all across Nick Holman and his Gold Coast experiences, just because he played for us way back when.

You need to improve your posting quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back