Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 27
  • From last night: Kane Cornes leaks potential new Crows logo (see here), corroborated by Braden Ingram
  • From last night: We have interest in James Peatling

Last edited:
TBH I thought Rachele's goal celebration was idiotic.

Doesn't excuse running him over with a bus, and then backing over him again though.

If I kicked that goal in front of a full house at Adelaide oval at the age of 21 I would have been humping the point post and giving port fans the bird! Some of us mature later in life lol.

Agree, zero excuse for how the club handled it. Laird, Nicks and even Dawson piling on at the end. It's the worst thing I've seen out of our club, and we've had to endure a lot of BS.

My apologies. I wasn’t aware that the trade had been completed.

I am happy to wait until the trade and draft period are completed (or at least started) before making a judgement on the overall changes to our list.

If you were a Poort Pear fan, would you have been happy to give up Duursma and the 2024 first rounder to pick up
Soldo, Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher and Sweet plus a bunch of small forward in the 4th round of the draft. Last year this was seen as a master stroke, especially picking up a premiership player like Soldo 😱.

Effectively they have picked up Sweet for Duursma, this year’s first rounder and picked up 5 lowly rated players in the draft.
Rubbish you can have an opinion, if it happens you’ll say you want to see the full career of pick 25 before you can make a comment.

Noone could genuinely think it was idiotic
You dont go and taunt oppo fans when you kick goals, its stupid. I had no real issue with what he said in the media during the week..... but giving a side who we know thrives off emotion the exact thing they wanted was as dumb as it gets.

And whilst he was in good form in the lead up, that was pretty much the end of his night.

If you celebrated like that at some local footy clubs in front of their fans, you'd end up in hospital.

That stuff is what people on both sides love about football.

The emotion and passion make this game special we want to see more of it, not less.

It's a complete misread of the situation from the crows.
The only people who don't laugh at Racheles goal celebrations (and the way he plays) are non-crows supporters. If he played for any other team we would bag the shit out of him.

That stuff is what people on both sides love about football.

The emotion and passion make this game special we want to see more of it, not less.

It's a complete misread of the situation from the crows.
The celebration ?? No thats not what people love.

The toothless comment during the week was good old banter, thats all good. But youve gotta back it up, and he didnt.

It certainly doesnt excuse the pile on though. If you wanna give him a clip, do it behind closed doors.

The only people who don't laugh at Racheles goal celebrations (and the way he plays) are non-crows supporters. If he played for any other team we would bag the shit out of him.

There are creative goal celebrations and there are ones that are low-blows and distasteful

The no-teeth celebration and pre-game comments was not called for - it’s a tasteless dig at people who might be from a Lower social economic situation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are creative goal celebrations and there are ones that are low-blows and distasteful

The no-teeth celebration and pre-game comments was not called for - it’s a tasteless dig at people who might be from a Lower social economic situation

None of them are creative.

Anyway I couldn't really care less if he kicks 30-40 goals and cracks in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn’t give up on Stengel

We wanted to add behavioural clauses in his new contract which he rejected

Geelong offered a deal with not behavioural clauses so he departed

If there was no rival offer, he would have stayed

This just furthers my point.

He went somewhere else and was All Australian.

Meanwhile we are playing Lachie Murphy.

You dont go and taunt oppo fans when you kick goals, its stupid. I had no real issue with what he said in the media during the week..... but giving a side who we know thrives off emotion the exact thing they wanted was as dumb as it gets.

And whilst he was in good form in the lead up, that was pretty much the end of his night.

If you celebrated like that at some local footy clubs in front of their fans, you'd end up in hospital.

Anyone who believes things like that have a bearing on the result are fools. Same with commentary around Ginnivan's post. All of a sudden a kid makes a post and your own side loses the ability to football? The opposition becomes superhuman? I've got some Amway to sell you.

What Rachele did was build some drama into a Showdown that was fast losing it's 'it' factor. It's a rivalry built on dislike and disdain, you lose that then you lose relevance. He did it...but in a LIKEABLE way. The Port fans were playing into the joke too. So spare me the pious crap. He wasn't disrespectful, it was a joke.

More than that, he is a kid having fun. Hawthorn this year, and Collingwood last year, showed us how much better teams can be when they have fun.

But no, we want to beat the fun out of him. We want to drag him out in front of media to publically admit he is soft (which is now a tag he can't shake) and send senior players to tell him off for having fun.

Ginnivan and Watson get people to the game because of their antics. Rachele could've been this for us - but no, we have to sit him down because he annoyed our biggest rival.

Crows may well say they didnt like it because he defied their rule - but the rule was stupid because our coaches have no idea how important the mental side is to performance.

oh, and noone cares about local footy. That was a totally irrelevant statement.

The main issue with the Rachele stuff was senior players essentially blaming him for the loss when it had SFA to do with it. We even marginally increased our lead after his antics. We controlled the first half of that third quarter and just didn't convert our chances (as always).

The loss was largely the players shitting the bed and losing it after Houston's thuggery...

Tyson Stengle had issues at Richmond before we took him.
Point is he has talent, was a best 22 player every day of the week and we decided to kick him out because of some poor behaviour. At some stage we have to value winning over everything else. That is the job of the football club. This isnt Ted Lasso

The main issue with the Rachele stuff was senior players essentially blaming him for the loss when it had SFA to do with it. We even marginally increased our lead after his antics. We controlled the first half of that third quarter and just didn't convert our chances (as always).

The loss was largely the players shitting the bed and losing it after Houston's thuggery...
Brodie Smith has made a few comments re the lead up to the Showdowns over the last couple of years.

He mentioned he doesn't (and seemed to include the club) pay much attention to whatever the power say in the media in the lead up to the game

A few days after the last game 1 of his comments was we generally try not to give them too much ammo in the lead up to the games

Seems a reasonably sensible approach

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back