Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not criticising Rachele or his ability, I'm saying we are not (currently) a club who will get the best out of such an outgoing personality because we expect every player to conform to a rather vanilla, bland and corporate friendly style. There's a reason we hold guys like Van Berlo, David Mackay, Rory Sloane up as the epitome of what it means to be an Adelaide Crow player.

Rash is a guy who seems to thrive on confidence and is extremely outgoing, both on and off the field. All the sorts of things we seem to hate in a player.
I totally agree, and it makes it very hard to get enthusiastic about the club these days. It hasn’t always been the case though, I’ve long felt that the failure in recruiting Wayne Carey gave the conservative elements at the club the ammunition to take us into the Neil Craig, Van Berlo mindset. Then just when we were starting to see personality back in the club in 16/17 we had the camp which has totally wiped out any appetite for innovation and risk taking. We’re more a corporate machine now, with PR gurus and risk analysts making all the decisions. I’d be willing to bet that the boards KPIs are more about membership, positive press inches and merchandising than on field results.

I'm not criticising Rachele or his ability, I'm saying we are not (currently) a club who will get the best out of such an outgoing personality because we expect every player to conform to a rather vanilla, bland and corporate friendly style. There's a reason we hold guys like Van Berlo, David Mackay, Rory Sloane up as the epitome of what it means to be an Adelaide Crow player.

Rash is a guy who seems to thrive on confidence and is extremely outgoing, both on and off the field. All the sorts of things we seem to hate in a player.

Please
Rash has been given a fair bit of scope, and he crossed the line as Gini crossed the line.

next year you will even see Gini pull his head in because the team doesn’t need the distractions

Everyone treats getting a kick on the ass as a bd thing, or maybe it’s just the younger generation, but from what I see Rash has taken the tough love the right way and it might be the making of him as a player

Let’s not also cover up the on-field issues, he needs to at times put his head over the footy, competed harder, and work for longer - he’s far from the finish product and the player has some accountability in this space.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also there was no suggestion in Gettable that we were interested in Caleb Daniel, sounded like the main interested party was North Melbourne

Also there was no suggestion in Gettable that we were interested in Caleb Daniel, sounded like the main interested party was North Melbourne

Melbourne are keen as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

when we get a new coach though rash will fit right in so stop stressing

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back