Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 26
  • Isaac Cumming has chosen Adelaide
  • Sid Draper denies rumor that he is upset with the club's handling of Rachele, saying he is a Crows supporter and would love to join Adelaide or any of the other clubs
  • Kane Cornes leaks potential new Crows logo (see here), corroborated by Braden Ingram
  • We have interest in James Peatling

Last edited:
Only rubbish footballers buy into the "rah-rah-rah fire up boys, look what they said about us, they're a bunch of soft c----" garbage.
Port THRIVE off of the us against them type stuff..... but lets park that if we must.

He kicked a great goal sure, but his first reaction was to give it to the Port fans, rather than run and thank RT in particular for his ridiculous tap.

So… does this mean Port are giving up Houston to get a first round pick so they can trade in Lukosius? So a first round pick AND Houston for Lukosius???

I think the idea is they want 2 first round picks (one mid and one late) for Houston.

They trade the late one for Luko, and take the early one to the draft.

Then they trade in Perryman to replace Houston.

That’s their dream scenario for them anyway. Would think it overvalues Houston and Perryman looks to go to the Pies… but we’ll see what happens.

Port THRIVE off of the us against them type stuff..... but lets park that if we must.

He kicked a great goal sure, but his first reaction was to give it to the Port fans, rather than run and thank RT in particular for his ridiculous tap.
And thats where IN PRIVATE, he shouldve had a few words said to him by senior leaders.
Celebrations are something I want to see more of, but get to your teammates too.

Not dropped and publicly shamed.

Only rubbish footballers buy into the "rah-rah-rah fire up boys, look what they said about us, they're a bunch of soft c----" garbage.

Agreed. It’s under 16s stuff. ‘The other team thinks you’re no good! What are we going to say about that?!’.

You would think professional sports players dont need the ‘they don’t give us a chance, they’re tweeting about next week’ but here we are. Port do seem to play on emotion over tactics and that comes from Ken. Ever seen a coach do as many cartwheels as this guy after a win?

Agreed. It’s under 16s stuff. ‘The other team thinks you’re no good! What are we going to say about that?!’.

You would think professional sports players dont need the ‘they don’t give us a chance, they’re tweeting about next week’ but here we are. Port do seem to play on emotion over tactics and that comes from Ken. Ever seen a coach do as many cartwheels as this guy after a win?

Gee they must regularly get emotional then as they finished top 4.

That result was a top 4 team in great form beat a bottom 4 side in a home showdown. Let's stop pretending a goal celebration or a joke on radio turned the tide here.

given arlo got screwed at the pies naturally they gonna be suspicious of all clubs but yeh maybe we said we would. i was surprised I admit when they had the pick for him and didn't. but seeing how he is in sanfl they clearly knew better
I don’t know if Arlo was ever on our radar. But I suspect that if we had drafted him, he’d still be on our list. We don’t turn our list over enough, and hang onto players too long.

I think the idea is they want 2 first round picks (one mid and one late) for Houston.

They trade the late one for Luko, and take the early one to the draft.

Then they trade in Perryman to replace Houston.

That’s their dream scenario for them anyway. Would think it overvalues Houston and Perryman looks to go to the Pies… but we’ll see what happens.
They aren’t getting two first round picks for Houston, clubs in Victoria barely want to give them one this year given how strong the draft is. Perryman very likely to join Collingwood at this point too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you can’t give an opinion on if we were to give up 25 for ANB?

If I was a Port fan, I’d be happy that my club was active every year and were trying to plug holes. Yes they gave up a lot but they are in the window and you’re going to give up more to try and get over the line. They finished top 4 they weren’t far off.

As for us, we brought in Burgess and finished 15th.

Who is doing it better?
We all slam Port and Davies but they get people who matter in. Players who PLAY in the 1st team not pluggers for our SANFL

It does seem the perceived arrogant negotiating by us has failed time after time after time

Now I dont know who is driving that but there should be change

If Im Silvers Im not allowing a section to police itself. If they do good let them be but if every board meeting the same '' we tried we really tried but Port gazumped us or they decided to go elsewhere what can we do '' then Im asking questions and reviewing positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back