Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:
I like his speed , good point of difference

Also he was a good centre square player and an ability to win centre clearance and take ball forward from it
Surely we can price out the Pies.

Would really give us some decent midfield depth next season.

All we need to get is a senior assistant who actually coaches & decent 2nd ruckman.

Rowey said Sloane will be talking to the club about a possible role here before taking up the Melbourne position.

Should go to Melbourne even though they are in turmoil

Has never experienced anything outside our club. Has been a Senior player in a team that has missed the finals seven years in a row so he needs to see how high performing teams function for his own development. Needs to probably do a few years at Melbourne first.

I don't think we'll get the ruckman, but the midfield depth does appear to be coming along finally
We need to get rid of Strachan & if we can't trade one in, draft one... even as a rookie.

Hopefully then keep Berg as backup ruckman & forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon Berg cops that here again but it's certainly not the worst idea.

I'd pay Strachan out and draft a ready to go Harry Boyd.
harry would not be able to run out an AFL game. but maybe thats ok... thilthorpe rucks 50%

as for strachan cya....

Really poor take by those on here who think Slaone wouldn’t be an asset at the our club. Very short sighted to correlate his poor late career form with his ability to add value behind the scenes now.
Thats not what why I don’t want him here. Last thing we need is a yes man leader like him sticking around, we need fresh opinions. Plus he’s a bit odd in my opinion “made me a better father, husband, brother blah blah blah”

Makes me laugh about the carry on about sloane have a coaching job of some sort .I guess if you were in charge a guy like wc new coach would never of got a job because he was a spud ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s because you’ve got no clue as why he’s not wanted as an assistant and your sense of humour sucks

Where is this quality talk coming from? Is he that much better than Berry?

Edwards is a 19-year old, first round draft pick, 191cm midfielder. I would want to see him getting his shot at midfield, and not stuck in the 2's behind a bloke that can't get a game at GWS.
Peatling got 10 coaches votes in a game against Brisbane at the Gabba and is one of the most sought after players in the league right now.

If he was at our club in 2024 he would have played far more full time football and was purely a victim of circumstance. When given the chance, he shone. “Can’t get a game at GWS” is just pitifully shallow analysis.

I disagree - Oliver seems way high maintenance and has been a key reason why Melbourne has been so disrupted this year, not to mention was one of the key reasons why Petracca was disgruntled with Melbourne FC.

Recruiting Oliver will cost you in salary, will cost you in a trade and will cost you in resources to support his ongoing wellness and wellfare……

It’s high cost and high risk

Interesting that the Cats have targeted both Smith and Oliver who have both had there share of off-field issues

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong have a history of targeting players with injury or off field issues - get them at a bargain (or cheaper) price and the. Back themselves in to fix the issue. Shaun Higgins and Stengle two of the best examples

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Makes me laugh about the carry on about sloane have a coaching job of some sort .I guess if you were in charge a guy like wc new coach would never of got a job because he was a spud ?

People are saying no because you want people who have experienced other clubs around, not someone that only knows afc.
Did Mitchell stay at hawthorn, Scott at Brisbane, hodge, Matthews?
Mcqualter has been at 4 different clubs before west coast.

That’s because you’ve got no clue as why he’s not wanted as an assistant and your sense of humour sucks
Rubbish the amount of bullshit on here bagging him as a player etc is a joke .Yes he should go somewhere else if a position is offered but you dont just throw people on the scrap heap if they are good people and have assets you can use something you or i have no idea whether this is the case

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back