Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:

He's barely an upgrade, lets be honest.

He kicked 11 goals and had 7 goal assists from 16 matches. ROB has kicked 14 goals and 27 goal assist in 121 games.

He had 21 contested marks from 16 games. ROB had 13 from 21 games.

He is 3 years younger than ROB.

If we managed a straight swap of Draper for ROB it would be a nice upgrade in 2025 or 2026.

We would have to trade.
Could a small pick swap unlock our trade deals? - its not a biggie in terms of what picks are involved but the optics might work?

We have 25 & 42 (2nd and 3rd rounder)
GC have 26 & 38 (2 x 2nd rounders)

Could we trade these picks with each other and then satisfy Melbourne with a late 2nd for ANB and use 26 and F3 as a proposed deal for Peatling if he requests a trade to us?

He kicked 11 goals and had 7 goal assists from 16 matches. ROB has kicked 14 goals and 27 goal assist in 121 games.

He had 21 contested marks from 16 games. ROB had 13 from 21 games.

He is 3 years younger than ROB.

If we managed a straight swap of Draper for ROB it would be a nice upgrade in 2025 or 2026.
So again, negligible upgrade. Less than a mark more per game and a few goals. Thats not what you pay a ruckman for.

His best games are very good, largely he's worse than ROB. Yes he's a free hit from a pick perspective but he'd cost more salary wise than ROB and provide much the same output.

So again, negligible upgrade. Less than a mark more per game and a few goals. Thats not what you pay a ruckman for.

What are you paying them for? The upgrade of having a ruckman who can be productive when resting up forward is something we haven't had in a long time.

His best games are very good, largely he's worse than ROB. Yes he's a free hit from a pick perspective but he'd cost more salary wise than ROB and provide much the same output.

He would cost less than ROB salary wise. ROB was a top 5 player salary wise at Adelaide in 2023 and a top 100 paid player in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you paying them for? The upgrade of having a ruckman who can be productive when resting up forward is something we haven't had in a long time.

He would cost less than ROB salary wise. ROB was a top 5 player salary wise at Adelaide in 2023 and a top 100 paid player in the AFL.
What would ROB demand in a trade on the open Vic market? Pick-wise?

Look at their careers thus far, the difference between them is next to nothing. Draper takes less marks, kicks the odd goal more. ROB is much better in the centre square and despite popular belief is better with ball in hand.

Yes Draper is younger but for the $$ you need to pay extract him as a FA, he's not worth it.

Plus he's a flog

You watch it. I cannot explain those votes. I watched that game.

Most Clearances, Most Centre Clearances, Most tackles, 3rd most Inside 50's, 2nd most Contested possessions. All whilst going at 75% DE.

Was the Giants best midfielder against the premiership midfield.

One swallow does not a spring make, but the talent is there.

Probably says more about you that it does them.
rather than abusing me why dont you watch it. if you cant be bothered look at this. the grey line is the game in question. this looks far more representative of the game as I saw it.... everyone sees it different it didnt blow me away.

1727758477091.png

From a source, or just a hunch based on recent posts in here?
Oh.... any thing with "horse" in the name is like an Adelaide board running joke for the last decade and should be considered light entertainment/ some what trolling but in a fun way.

Most Clearances, Most Centre Clearances, Most tackles, 3rd most Inside 50's, 2nd most Contested possessions. All whilst going at 75% DE.

Was the Giants best midfielder against the premiership midfield.

One swallow does not a spring make, but the talent is there.
Great stats I'm talking about impact on the match.

You wouldn’t bring in Draper on what he’s currently doing, but on what you project him doing going forward. Similar to Fog really, they are both FA’s next year so must have come in similar times, but the reality is, despite being a star junior, Fog is still averaging only 1.5 goals per game, However we all think his next 8 years could be at a very high level.

ROB has already hit his ceiling, but Draper is intriguing. Injury and/or attitude might well stop him achieving his potential, but that potential is undeniable.

I do know the club has been really keen on him for at least 2 years now, so am not surprised this has now been confirmed

rather than abusing me why dont you watch it. if you cant be bothered look at this. the grey line is the game in question. this looks far more representative of the game as I saw it.... everyone sees it different it didnt blow me away.

View attachment 2127953

You are talking about the wrong game.

This is from the finals game.

Everyone else is discussing Round 22 against the Lions.

Mac Andrew went at 5, Rachele 6.

Are you suggesting we should have traded up?

If we stayed at 6 who should we have taken?

I wouldn't do Windsor ahead of Curtin.
Ogilvy was on record that if GC took Rachele ahead of our pick we would have taken Wanganeen-Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back