Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:
That’s because you’re not getting it. Let’s say the club through all their research thought he was the best man for the job, went for him and got him, fine.

But the chances of that actually being the case given all you know about our club and our difficulties? Especially when it’s being reported in the media how difficult we were finding it to fill the role. Do you think being the coaching director of the Adelaide Crows, overseeing Nicks and his band of quality coaches would be a sought after gig?

What do think is more plausible. We nabbed the best candidate with no experience in the job or worked our way down a long list?

I suppose some of us are just disappointed that we hoped we might have actually pulled off a coup and actually got the experienced targets we were after. But we clearly haven’t.

It might turn out to be great appointment and then awesome. But at this stage it’s just hope and wishful thinking and weren’t you hoping for more?
No experience 😆

Come on … you’re disappointed because you’ve never heard of the guy

Let’s be honest , even the most informed on here haven’t got much clue re who the best assistant coaches are across the league

We all know about the former gun players that coach eg Nathan Buckley et Al but no one on here is picking a Phil Walsh or Chris Fagan for a prime role before they were well known as we don’t know

A bit like when there was minimal excitement for James Rahilly because no one had heard of him

I think it’s called waiting to see how it plays out given no one knows any details

Pretending to know all about it without any information could end up a bit embarrassing

A bit like going off the deep end when we drafted Soligo because no one had heard of him much

Patience
Exactly no one knows the detail of his position and until the club states this everybody is jumping at shadows , would of i liked , monty ,dew absolutely but i will say this id take monty before dew as dew wasnt a great coach either

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s called waiting to see how it plays out given no one knows any details

Pretending to know all about it without any information could end up a bit embarrassing

A bit like going off the deep end when we drafted Soligo because no one had heard of him much

Patience

I've been waiting a long time for the club to make the right moves. That patience has worn thin.

I'm amazed people are still giving the club the benefit of the doubt
Why the **** would you not take it at face value? In the last couple of weeks we've announced a couple of good players who have nominated us, and while we knew they weren't going to sack Nicks, they've done the next best thing in hiring someone (hopefully more than one) who comes from a successful organisation who can steer this ship out of rocky waters. IF they get the right someone, we may even have a ready made replacement!

I've been waiting a long time for the club to make the right moves. That patience has worn thin.
Jeff is right, you jump off the deep end without all the facts ....it goes back to the paranoia surrounding choosing Dangerfield

Wisdom hopefully comes with maturity ....but then, I'm assuming your posts are just part of your schtick

Last edited:
Good news ....he disappears in good times & wins .....somehow though, with the recruitment wins (ANB, and Cumming, and pick #4 in a Superdraft) and structural changes at the Club ....like a good journalist, he's found the doomsday slant on everything
What a load of shit, George posts the same amount no matter what.
I don’t agree with him on this occasion but you need to stop making stuff up.

And George Kramer is a broken record .....if I've seen him post about the 4 games once, he's posted the same thing a 100 times

Good news ....he disappears in good times & wins .....somehow though, with the recruitment wins (ANB, and Cumming, and pick #4 in a Superdraft) and structural changes at the Club ....like a good journalist, he's found the doomsday slant on everything
lol. I’ve posted about the 4 games 100 times to counter the 100 times you’ve talked positively about Nicks and tried to ignore you called him rogue bonkers.

And I disappear in the good times and wins? Care to actually back that up again? No, you can’t, so will you pull another Wayne and slink away?

I’m happy with ANB but said we shouldn’t give up pick 25 and sacrifice a potential long term player in a strong draft for short term gains that won’t help us win a flag.

I’ve posted about being happy to get Cumming and he’s a good get.

Happy about pick 4? Thats a win? Ignoring that’s “earnt” because of how shit we’ve been and it wouldn’t have been possible without our coach going rogue bonkers …… ;)

Structural changes? Which ones? The only structural changes is the assistant we’ve got from Brisbane to be our coaching director to fill a role we’ve struggled to fill. I’ve also said if he’s coming as an assistant I’m happy with that.

But tell me Wayne, for someone who bemoans the quality of opinions and posting on this board, what is it do you think you bring to the table? You get ridiculed for your opinions but it’s your hypocritical posting, your trolling, your outright bullshitting and your slinking away when exposed which makes you a joke and a flog.

Exactly no one knows the detail of his position and until the club states this everybody is jumping at shadows , would of i liked , monty ,dew absolutely but i will say this id take monty before dew as dew wasnt a great coach either

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
His first press conference will give us more insight.

Hopefully he's not another "work harder, trust our systems" crowbot type.

Off trade radio this morning.

"Culture problem :think: " :cool:

I think its pretty well documented that it was more of a "home" issue than a "work" issue.

I’d actually give up if I was you , like what is the point ??!!

If the place does come good one day you won’t even be able to see it

Let’s be honest none of us know if this is good appointment or not , we haven’t got the info

I certainly don’t know so will just have to see how he goes then form an opinion , it is good to see some changes in coaches box however ( I think )

A bit like when there was minimal excitement for James Rahilly because no one had heard of him

That's a lie though. People at the time were impressed with his appointment due to his strong credentials for the role we hired him for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a fool does not have have any doubts about an appointment well above demonstrated performance level. The guy has clearly demonstrated his assistant coaching credentials, so as Jenny says, Senior Assistant is not a huge leap from there. But Director of Coaching, if that is his appointment? Maybe they got it right and recognised his hidden talent for this position, we will see. But all of us remember the Burton appointment where the Peter Principle was clearly demonstrated.
Who wouldn't have healthy levels of doubt on ANYONE new to the club?

Success at one place does not guarantee success in a new place even if he was coming from the equivalent role.

Don't talk about doubt and my point, which is giving someone an opportunity to prove themselves, as if they are mutually exclusive. But why let those doubts develop into panic before the man has even arrived? Madness.

Why the **** would you not take it at face value? In the last couple of weeks we've announced a couple of good players who have nominated us, and while we knew they weren't going to sack Nicks, they've done the next best thing in hiring someone (hopefully more than one) who comes from a successful organisation who can steer this ship out of rocky waters. IF they get the right someone, we may even have a ready made replacement!
Spot on .....can you also imagine the outcry if the Club hadn't made any appointment ....."oh the club can't attract anyone" ....or "the club doesn't see anything wrong with the status quo"

The Club is very active !! .....lets applaud that

That's a lie though. People at the time were impressed with his appointment due to his strong credentials for the role we hired him for

You mean similar credentials to this guy coming to us ?

You mean similar credentials to this guy coming to us ?
There is no issue with bringing in someone of his experience onto our assistant coaching panel. In fact he would be an excellent addition because we sorely lack experience from premiership clubs

I certainly don’t know so will just have to see how he goes then form an opinion , it is good to see some changes in coaches box however ( I think )
I'm confused by this as well

We would have heard by now if any of our coaches were not being renewed . Is he replacing a coach or are we adding a development coach?

If so then I have no issue - as I have said earlier

Given the media communication its a role above Nicks - which is the role I am most concerned about

No experience 😆

Come on … you’re disappointed because you’ve never heard of the guy

Let’s be honest , even the most informed on here haven’t got much clue re who the best assistant coaches are across the league

We all know about the former gun players that coach eg Nathan Buckley et Al but no one on here is picking a Phil Walsh or Chris Fagan for a prime role before they were well known as we don’t know

Rubbish no one heard of Rahilly and we weren’t happy to get him.

Rubbish I’m disappointed because I’ve never heard of the guy, why do posters have to make up bullshit to try and win a point.

I’m disappointed that we’ve appointed an assistant coach to be our coaching director, a position that I would have thought should have been an ex-coach of an AFL team or held senior management positions at an AFL club.

It’s a bit like our appointment of Burton and Kelly, both never had suitable experience for their role and look at how they’ve turned out.

And you know Murray wasn’t one of our leading choices, just at least be that honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back