Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
You reminded me to look back on that draft

Gee there were some good gets available and of course some duds before and after. West Coast selected Ebert with their 2nd pick - Masten 205 games - was pick 3 1 after Cotchin

Rioli at 12 Picks 17, 18 and 19 were great

And a lesson for some Port took a ruck at 16 - Lobbe

Rendell said we was also very keen on Rioli but he absolutely tanked his interview - I think I heard Horks put him up to it.

That said, Danger after Cotchin was 2nd on Matty R talent list

Rendell said we was also very keen on Rioli but he absolutely tanked his interview - I think I heard Horks put him up to it.

That said, Danger after Cotchin was 2nd on Matty R talent list
Any linkage to Rendells infamous comments? ie did this meeting impact his thinking

After the out-and-out success of the Frampton acquisition Collingwood (presumably the same staff member) has decided to target Justin Reid.
What a boon this trade period is shaping up to be!

Fabulous character ....stays out after training talking to supporters, way more than any other player

I don't disagree though, he's footy immature .....I can't see him leaving ESS though
Good, they can keep him, if we're going to spend decent draft collateral to replace Rob he ain't it.

The loss isn't the just an issue (although I'd argue 10 years is probably long enough), we can't seem to bring people in, so who the hell replaces him.
Yep it would be an absolute disaster for us. Can barely attract an assistant coach let alone a list manager.

It's one of those roles that if we want to replace and upgrade, we'd need to be working on hiring someone for years

The loss isn't the just an issue (although I'd argue 10 years is probably long enough), we can't seem to bring people in, so who the hell replaces him.

Don’t forget Reid is based in Melbourne - it makes sense to continue to base the role in Melbourne, or Adelaide

We wouldn’t necessarily have to convince someone to move to Adelaide

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it would be an absolute disaster for us. Can barely attract an assistant coach let alone a list manager.

It's one of those roles that if we want to replace and upgrade, we'd need to be working on hiring someone for years
I would hope Reid would be upfront with the club and that if the rumour is true the club is already aware of interest to move and have at least started looking.

at least it is after the draft.

After the out-and-out success of the Frampton acquisition Collingwood (presumably the same staff member) has decided to target Justin Reid.
What a boon this trade period is shaping up to be!
If you can’t see Reid is our best performed staff member in the recruiting and list management space then I don’t know what to tell you

... and yet Andrew Mackie jumps into the role at Geelong and doesn't miss a beat?

Surely we can attract someone to this role, must be a sought after one right?

Draper is arguably a worse kick than ROB. His second efforts are nowhere near as good, and Rob has him covered for hit outs to advantage. It’s really odd, because the multiple bombers fans I know can’t stand him. Either way. he doesn’t make us better.
theres no arguably about it. he is a worse kick than ROB.

do not want him verbatim

But they will - with good coaching and development - be quicker up the ladder than most

Maybe but not sure this is sound for them. But I dont rate experience that much that you get a cooked player just because experience
IMO you need experienced players to keep competitiveness within the group and protect the high end youth from years of floggings, and the damage that causes to their psyche. Otherwise you get a GC Suns situation, where the players has no idea how to win, despite their outrageously high average draft status.

Also, the good coaching/development is an assumption based on their earned goodwill from the Hardwick/Gale era. However neither has been proven yet for the Yze/Richardson era. They would want to hope they nail this draft, as the crop below the experienced players hasn't showed all that much thus far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back