Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:

I reckon we should just pay it, if Welsh slips far enough we have no use for it. And if he doesn't, well, we just start eating into our 2025 3rd round pick. Having already spent our second and looking like replacing about 5 delisted players. Definitely was not worth playing hardball over ANB and demanding a 3rd or F3 back, best just to fold early so we can move onto other deals.

Positivity dripping with sarcasm. Like it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seems that the consensus is that I'm dreaming, but these clauses are built in to some players (examples - can't think of any) and the contract does get re-written with a new employer.

The focus on year 6 is a way of ensuring that years 1-5 go well, it's the stick approach.

If you look at the new Mac Andrew contract, playing 60 games in 5 years to trigger his next 4 years, and coaching contracts now have clauses that allow for early sacking without 100% payout. If it's good enough for a clean cookie like Nicks, it's good enough for Clayton.
Ok mate, I understand. I think the difference here is that’s it’s not a completely new contract for a OOC player where it’s easier to potentially install such conditions. He

Oliver already has a strong player-friendly pre-exisiting contract (6 years @ 8-10m with seemingly none of these conditions in the contract) so I just can’t see how and why he would possibly agree to these things. He only has downside risk of doing this and history has shown he is a loose canon and could seriously jeopardise his future $m’s by agreeing to rip up his exiting player friendly contract to something much less friendly to him (esp if he keeps buggering up).

That wasn't the PSD.
Virtually ame thing though....only reason he got to Collingwood was because he told the other clubs he'd stand out of football for 12 months if they picked him as well as putting big numbers on himself as well which obviously the Pies didn't pay.

Greenwood not the same either but the unexpected can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back