Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Last edited:
Someone remind me what ever happened to Atkins.

Went from being a pretty handy winger to a non-entity quite quickly.

I guess never came back after COVID?

Atkins had one or two good tricks which other teams quickly figured out and completely nullified.

Without those tricks, he was just a soft winger/flanker who doesn't accumulate and has an average kick.

Who said that? I doubt that's true....

Atkins finished 2nd in the reserves B and F and a few weeks ago said that he was keen to look for opportunities elsewhere in 2025.

I'm pretty certain that he's going there to continue his career.

It was on about half an hour ago. Not confirmed just a rumour as they were trying to make sense of it.

Woeful output from a five year contract. And we got a band 4 compensation pick which says he was paid an above average salary
That's about the same output as we've gotten from Milera's five year deal.

I don't think so, you always pay overs for key forwards. If Lukosius, Lord and Georgiadis can all find some form with Powell-Pepper in it's a decent young forward line for the next 5-10 years.

Houston is a huge loss but he is at peak value at the moment so may as well cash in if he is looking to get out.
For a KPF on 7 years at $950K, he better be much more than only "decent".

Mods can we please delete all the Diddy party and attempted humour references in here? It is exceptionally poor taste to make jokes out of this situation.

Poor taste? I'm happy for others to raise awareness of the situation. This and Epstein implicate many famous people.

They can all burn in hell.

Poor taste? I'm happy for others to raise awareness of the situation. This and Epstein implicate many famous people.

They can all burn in hell.
Horrible for the victims though

What's even funnier is how the news that the deal got knocked on the head made them all feel relief..

OK what's coming next?
We'll show them.. 🤣
Yep, explains the Port supporters in the office.

They were laughing at the West Coast melts in the morning... which quickly changed to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone remind me what ever happened to Atkins.

Went from being a pretty handy winger to a non-entity quite quickly.

I guess never came back after COVID?

Atkins and Gold Coast seemed a match made in hell, for the most part. Player who needs a good squad around him to do well at a club that was a basketcase.

For all the port fans melting, I actually think this is ‘fair’ value.

Houston for pick 13 in a strong draft along with steak knives. That’s all he’s worth.
That was always fair value, Port posters smoking crack thinking Houston was worth two 1sts.

Noting the last two years of his GC contract was $1.2M/Year. Wowee

They smoothed that out apparently.

Kane Cornes seems to think it's a 6 year deal.

I am guessing that it's most probably around the 850-900k a year.

Luko also doesn't seem like the type of player who thrives when he has a guaranteed contact in his back pocket so it's going to be interesting to see how all of that pans out next year.

Just Jenny being Jenny

And you had the nerve to claim you had nothing to do with sanders' demise 😃
Your response is banal and irrelevant. There is no place for reference to the actions of a serial sex offender being used in the context of chat about football.

Good news story from the Port board on their thoughts on acquiring Rat. :$

1.png

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back