Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Point is he has talent, was a best 22 player every day of the week and we decided to kick him out because of some poor behaviour. At some stage we have to value winning over everything else. That is the job of the football club. This isnt Ted Lasso

Exactly.

We kicked Stengle out, he goes to become AA and win a flag with Geelong. It’s not like he’s cleaned up his act, but he did help his team win a premiership.

I think back to Hawks and Hodge I think. Caught drink driving before an EF, isn’t suspended because finals are more important.

We may have the moral high ground but I know which club id rather support.

Finals aren’t won by choir boys. They’re won by players that play on the line (on and off the field).

Exactly.

We kicked Stengle out, he goes to become AA and win a flag with Geelong. It’s not like he’s cleaned up his act, but he did help his team win a premiership.

I think back to Hawks and Hodge I think. Caught drink driving before an EF, isn’t suspended because finals are more important.

We may have the moral high ground but I know which club id rather support.

Finals aren’t won by choir boys. They’re won by players that play on the line (on and off the field).

FFS

We didn’t kick Stengel out

We offered a contract with behaviour based clauses, the same that Hawthorn did for Hodge

The only difference is that Stengle didn’t want behavioural based clauses in his contract, whereas Hodge accepted his clubs additional safe-guards and backed himself in to change and not repeat his sins

Geelong deal was a standard deal - no behaviour based clauses and he jumped at it

People need to report on the facts - let’s start to hold players acct and not push everything back on the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regarding the reports about Draper- It's not really outside the realms of possibility that someone close to him has actually said they didn't like the way the Crows handled the Rachele situation to someone. Most supporters have said the exact same thing. And it wouldn't surprise me that anyone close to someone in this years draft, or any young player in the league, would think the same thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't want their kid getting picked by us (there's plenty of other reasons for that too, but i digress...). Money has just taken that info and ran with it, and made a mountain out of a molehill. Just a media beat up for likes/views

FFS

We offered a contract with behaviour based clauses, the same that Hawthorn did for Hodge

The only difference is that Stengle didn’t want behavioural based clauses in his contract, whereas Hodge accepted his clubs additional safe-guards and backed himself in to change and not repeat his sins

Geelong deal was a standard deal - no behaviour based clauses and he jumped at it

People need to report on the facts - let’s start to hold players acct and not push everything back on the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We may as well have. Lowballing people to get them to leave is the same as kicking them out.

Guarantee that contract would've been lower than what Geelong offered, with more conditions.

I'd much rather us hold players accountable for throwing a young teammate under the bus than sniffing a bit of coke in the off season.

Being a 'solid citizen' seems to be all that this club requires these days, forget about actual football ability.

Regarding the reports about Draper- It's not really outside the realms of possibility that someone close to him has actually said they didn't like the way the Crows handled the Rachele situation to someone. Most supporters have said the exact same thing. And it wouldn't surprise me that anyone close to someone in this years draft, or any young player in the league, would think the same thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't want their kid getting picked by us (there's plenty of other reasons for that too, but i digress...). Money has just taken that info and ran with it, and made a mountain out of a molehill. Just a media beat up for likes/views
That's what the media does. Worst thing by far is how the bedwetters in here react to these snippets. It's absolutely bloody priceless.

That's what the media does. Worst thing by far is how the bedwetters in here react to these snippets. It's absolutely bloody priceless.

I think the bedwetters are now officially the club and not the supporters who are sick of the garbage the club produces and releases.

The happy clappers have been 100% proven wrong regardless of whether this is true or not.

Lets just be happy with trying hard I guess.

Forget success, forget winning. We tried hard and had some fun, but not too much fun or you'll get dropped and the old guys will publicly shame you.
You can't force people to come to you. Their job is to make the Club a desirable destination. Not playing finals for 7 years will make that task even harder. A change of coach may see our fortunes change (it may not either), but for right now, we are stuck with what we've got. ANB choosing to come to us is a bit of a bonus (given how shit we apparently are). Rachele isn't clambering out the door to leave, so I suspect it isn't as big a deal as many of the bedwetters are making it out to be.

Noone could genuinely think it was idiotic

I was fine with the comment on the radio - the celebration was dumb. It made it about them instead of us, for starters - there's no logical reason that the focus of your goal celebration should be "and you guys have no teeth!".

That being said - nothing should have been said to the media other than supporting Josh. Make him run laps at training, but DON'T take our dirty linen into the public sphere.

Did the club wet the bed when they resigned nicks?
Jumping because they couldn’t handle noise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS

Lol!

We offered him the chance to spend a year on the outer playing at WWT and not allowed to set foot in our club

Then maybe he'd have earned enough brownie points to be given the privilege of entering the club again

And he turned us down, the ingrate

You can't force people to come to you. Their job is to make the Club a desirable destination. Not playing finals for 7 years will make that task even harder. A change of coach may see our fortunes change (it may not either), but for right now, we are stuck with what we've got. ANB choosing to come to us is a bit of a bonus (given how shit we apparently are). Rachele isn't clambering out the door to leave, so I suspect it isn't as big a deal as many of the bedwetters are making it out to be.
You can’t keep knocking in an eight inch nail with a tack hammer

I reckon they'd done it long before we heard about it. Their choice of announcement was bewildering. Was it bedwetting? possibly.

Rubbish you can have an opinion, if it happens you’ll say you want to see the full career of pick 25 before you can make a comment.
I must have missed the official joint announcement by the AFC and the MFC that ANB would be traded to the Crows for
pick 25 in this year’s draft.

I think pick 25 in this year’s draft is a bit too expensive for ANB. I would prefer our second rounder in next years draft or a pick in the 35-45 range in this year’s draft. My simple point is that there is little to be gained by going off like a pork chop before the final deal is known.

Is it possible that the broad agreement is ANB for a second round pick and we will have to ensure that we have one when the deal is done?

Did we not draft Arlo when we said we would? Were we keen on him?
given arlo got screwed at the pies naturally they gonna be suspicious of all clubs but yeh maybe we said we would. i was surprised I admit when they had the pick for him and didn't. but seeing how he is in sanfl they clearly knew better

I mean, is that even really a question or just a statement of fact now. So what we as a supporter base are left with is this.

• A coach that is locked in after 5 years of a rebuild where we went backwards results wise in year 5
  • The flow on effect that it makes it much harder to attract OOC players of note, free agents of note as you can't sell success to them
  • A real possibility of another down year next year with the current coaches unless the defy their own history and somehow improve performances.

Right now on our club, I am glass half empty in how I see things in the near term and watching them like a hawk over whether they can get a deal for Cumming over the line on what should have been a slam dunk for us with what we could have offered.

I think the bedwetters are now officially the club and not the supporters who are sick of the garbage the club produces and releases.

The happy clappers have been 100% proven wrong regardless of whether this is true or not.

Bed wetters are the supporters who find a negative view of anything that happens, and get upset about things that haven't even happened yet.

Happy clappers are those who call in defending the boys, no matter how they've played or what they've done.

The club is a mix of mostly competent people trying to improve, and sometimes taking as many steps back as they do forward.

BigFooty is mostly a group of well informed posters and a place you can normally get accurate info, so it's pretty valuable - sometimes it just gets VERY emotional ...

My apologies. I wasn’t aware that the trade had been completed.

I am happy to wait until the trade and draft period are completed (or at least started) before making a judgement on the overall changes to our list.

If you were a Poort Pear fan, would you have been happy to give up Duursma and the 2024 first rounder to pick up
Soldo, Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher and Sweet plus a bunch of small forward in the 4th round of the draft. Last year this was seen as a master stroke, especially picking up a premiership player like Soldo 😱.

Effectively they have picked up Sweet for Duursma, this year’s first rounder and picked up 5 lowly rated players in the draft.
So you can’t give an opinion on if we were to give up 25 for ANB?

If I was a Port fan, I’d be happy that my club was active every year and were trying to plug holes. Yes they gave up a lot but they are in the window and you’re going to give up more to try and get over the line. They finished top 4 they weren’t far off.

As for us, we brought in Burgess and finished 15th.

Who is doing it better?

I must have missed the official joint announcement by the AFC and the MFC that ANB would be traded to the Crows for

I think pick 25 in this year’s draft is a bit too expensive for ANB. I would prefer our second rounder in next years draft or a pick in the 35-45 range in this year’s draft. My simple point is that there is little to be gained by going off like a pork chop before the final deal is known.

Is it possible that the broad agreement is ANB for a second round pick and we will have to ensure that we have one when the deal is done?

I agree.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 25 for ANB + 45, and I'd be disappointed with that.

I'd much prefer 42 + F3 for ANB, or even a F2 for ANB + F3. We'll see, I guess.

I think it’s absolutely reasonable to voice our disapproval to a widely reported deal.
We all know if we waited until after it happened we’d cop the “ but where was your opinion before!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back