Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Last edited:
Can't he just replace Kelly?
I'm sure Kelly is competent in an administrator sense, he's just clearly lacking any sort of football nous and appears to be pretty wishy washy at times, especially when he's heavily pressed.

So I could see a scenario where Kelly sits there to do a lot of the day-to-day work while Wright is there to oversee the bigger picture from a football sense, especially if Wright is feeling a bit reluctant to jump in full-time to a footy club again.

Rowey said Sloane will be talking to the club about a possible role here before taking up the Melbourne position.
Said to my mate immediately the Bas and Sloane rumour to Melb was leaked by Adelaide so when they hire them both they can say "it wasn't a boys club, they were being poached".

We could have given Nicks this support in the 5 years he's been here. But chose not to because either Nicks was good enough by himself, or too pig headed to accept the help.
I had heard a story a few years ago about us brining in someone to "oversee" Adam Kelly and Nicks was very against that because he and Kelly are tight.

Maybe he's a bit more open to the suggestions now that he sees he's a very real chance to lose his job next year if he doesn't perform

Said to my mate immediately the Bas and Sloane rumour to Melb was leaked by Adelaide so when they hire them both they can say "it wasn't a boys club, they were being poached".
I think bass is far enough removed not to be a boys club

He'd probably be really good in the job Sam Jacobs was doing. He's a very personable guy and I don't think you'd find a person who doesn't love him.

We could have given Nicks this support in the 5 years he's been here. But chose not to because either Nicks was good enough by himself, or too pig headed to accept the help.

We don’t know this, this is an assumption

We don’t know what Nicks asked for?

We shouldn’t be making absolute judgements if we are just speculating

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only downside of Perryman choosing Collingwood is they're in the race for Peatling also.

If Perryman had landed at Port, Peatling would have had both Perryman & Cumming moving to SA with him. Happy WAGS.
Not sure thats much of an issue, apparently he and Isaac and their partners are close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought for sure Port were going to get one of Perryman or Cummings.

Losing Houston is going to really hurt them.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Mate

Do you want success or not?

The coach cops the brunt but our footy department is not good enough dem Kelly down.

Take a look at all the successful coaches, and the level of quality the have above and under them.

McRae had Wright, and assistants like Leppa and Bolton as asst coaches who are both ex senior coaches

I’m all for holding Nicks to acct but OMG this Nicks pile-on without seeing the broader issues is laughable

Let’s at least give the guy the playing list and football department resources to give it a real crack

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed. Nicks has some undoubtably talents. The team is fit, very tight and gives 100% every week, he just appears to have serious weaknesses in other areas, and if the club has identified that and is changing the structure to use everyone’s strengths then I’m all for it.

Will be interesting to see how the synergy between them all works.

Luna Rosa currently in the Americas Cup has 2 huge personalities, spithill and Bruni as co skippers, and they are working so well together. No egos, stress or arguing ever, and the result have been great.

I'm sure Kelly is competent in an administrator sense, he's just clearly lacking any sort of football nous and appears to be pretty wishy washy at times, especially when he's heavily pressed.

So I could see a scenario where Kelly sits there to do a lot of the day-to-day work while Wright is there to oversee the bigger picture from a football sense, especially if Wright is feeling a bit reluctant to jump in full-time to a footy club again.

This all fits into the soft cap? Seems like a waste of money paying them both.

Perryman to the Pies would lead you to believe Port will hold Houston right?
They’d be crazy not to. But that means they won’t be getting a first round draft pick now either. And they’ve got to give GC something for Luko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back