Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Last edited:
Seems likely to me. They're desperate to get into the first round of this year's draft, but not sure if they're desperate enough to give up Houston to do it without any significant experience coming in to replace him. As desperate as they are to get into the first round, everybody else is desperate to stay in it.

Must be kicking themselves for trading out this year's 1st last year in order to land Soldo (who is now on his way out 12 months later) and Ratugolea.
Yeah, Port have been lauded here for their list management but trading out of this year's strong draft could be a real blunder if they don't find a way back into it.

I get that they needed to bolster their defence and ruck stocks which were a real weakness, but it turns out Ratugolea isn't actually much good (which we all knew already), and they got a better ruck than Soldo for much more of a bargain anyway.

Yeah, history shows that this is completely untrue.

Hawthorn started with Buddy and Roughhead. Richmond made sure they had Rance and Reiwoldt, Carlton Weitering, McKay and Curnow.

Melbourne? Started with Tom Scully and Jack Trengove, then had to start their rebuild again.

Talls are MUCH harder to get than mids and take longer.

Clubs want fortunes if you trade for a tall. It was a ridiculously bad decision for North to constantly draft mids, especially considering how many have become players like Will Phillips.
Confused by this previous posters confirming mids are lower risk and easy to draft but then effectively saying”KPP are easy to find”. Seems a little contrary to rational deduction.

I think you’re forgetting that Hawthorn took Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis at the same time, and Richmond drafted Dusty, Cochin and Deledio all high at the same time. I said that North got the balance wrong, but terrible picks are terrible picks. Will Phillips, Trengove, Scully, Chayce Jones and Gallucci set their clubs back because they were bad selections, not because they were midfielders.
I get what you are saying but facts are wrong:

Horks - Roughy, Buddy and Lewis (2004). Hodge a few years earlier
Cotchin - 2007 (Danger draft), and Martin a couple of years later

Hehe, really? Man, your normal role is the funny guy here :)

What happens to the state of a mattress when somebody has nocturnal emissions of a urine type? Jenny, has just saved someone’s mattress with her reassurance about keeping pick 4 AND drafting a mid.

In Jenny, we trust.
Oh

So if...and it is a big if....we get Cumming, ANB, Peatling, Pick 4 (Draper), Welsh and perhaps a developmental ruck, plus Wright and Borlace off-field, can we agree it is a decent trade period ;)
It’s already huge for me because of the obvious change in attitude from the club this year. We have for so long backed in incumbents regardless off all evidence with a dogged stubbornness, but this year we are addressing the midfield, leg speed and coaching deficiencies, which is a very pleasant change.

Actually getting the targets would be the cherry on top, but we can’t start improving until we admit the mistakes we’ve been making, and signs are good.

Are you just hanging off that RedHorse thing or are you related? Either way, I like what you're saying, even if it turns out to not be true.
More likely to end like this...

200.gif

Agreed. Nicks has some undoubtably talents. The team is fit, very tight and gives 100% every week, he just appears to have serious weaknesses in other areas, and if the club has identified that and is changing the structure to use everyone’s strengths then I’m all for it.
Do they?

What happened vs Richmond this year though?

That was a garbage game, where they looked like they wanted to be anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only downside of Perryman choosing Collingwood is they're in the race for Peatling also.

If Perryman had landed at Port, Peatling would have had both Perryman & Cumming moving to SA with him. Happy WAGS.
I thought the opposite. Perryman is moving for midfield opportunities. If he’s been promised more mid time it’s harder for Peatling to find a spot and also reduces the Magpies need to trade in another mid

The only downside of Perryman choosing Collingwood is they're in the race for Peatling also.

If Perryman had landed at Port, Peatling would have had both Perryman & Cumming moving to SA with him. Happy WAGS.
Surely it helps us? Pies salary cap must be MUCH fuller and less flexible than ours after winning the flag last year

Who did you want at 6?
I only look at our first pick each year .....I treat it as a personal challenge

In 2021 ... I had Mac Andrew, and Callaghan

I go with my POV early, about 6 weeks out .....B4 everyone jumps on board with the popularised picks
I was roundly criticised for the Mac Andrew call,as I was last year, in going with Caleb Windsor ....

Mac Andrew who in Sept 2021 was still ranked just inside/outside the top 20 .....Unfortunately, Andrew drifted right in, and we missed him by one selection

1727747692685.png

1727747818168.png

1727747886167.png

1727747953105.png

Kelly is football ops. He’s doing fine. We need the senior assistant and director of coaching.
Isn’t Head of Football broader than that? Like Noble had done previously

Hahahahaha.....Balwyn Heads WTF. There is no such place. Maybe you're thinking of Barwon Heads.

BUT...
Tom Stewart was playing for South Barwon here in Geelong. Matty Scarlett was the spotter though.
missed-it-by-that-much max smart.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back