Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:
This makes me feel even worse about Lyons. He clearly desperately wanted to stay in Adelaide and this was going to be his long term home, yet we treated like garbage that we couldn't wait to throw out.
That's untrue. Had to be realistic. He wasn't going to get the midfield time he wanted and he couldn't play other positions. Was a good player who couldn't unseat the better players.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This makes me feel even worse about Lyons. He clearly desperately wanted to stay in Adelaide and this was going to be his long term home, yet we treated like garbage that we couldn't wait to throw out.

We got rid of him at the end of 2016 as he was too similar to our one-paced midfield of Sloane, Crouch X 2.

Really good player, but more in the Mitchell, Matt Crouch type level.

Absolutely not!
Why do people bring up names as future coaches, they have zero knowledge about ......Leppa is simplay a name people recall, they forget him being an abject failure as a Coach

They bring up Rutten ....boy, the stories I could tell you on that one

Buckley, the most boring single-minded Coach since Neil Craig

Not a groundbreaking rumour as it’s already been pretty much assumed but heard today that McHenry is now strongly pursuing more media opportunities in SA for next year onwards, he’s expecting his delisting to be formal soon, no other AFL interest, wants to stay in SA but not interested in playing SANFL. Another former Crow in the media with connections is pushing his case in the local media landscape apparently.
Man, a genuine thank you. FINALLY a real rumour in the rumour thread instead of pages of waffle over a completely irrelevant (certainly to this thread) discussion over many pages about Nicks coaching, learning about NPD (nothing like NYPD) and confirmation that George Kramer actually looks like….George Kramer.

Why do people bring up names as future coaches, they have zero knowledge about ......Leppa is simplay a name people recall, they forget him being an abject failure as a Coach

Yeah - spot on! What can anyone know about coaches like Leppa, Buckley and Rutten?

Tell me again how you know so much about Mathew Nicks as a brilliant coach and master tactician.

That's untrue. Had to be realistic. He wasn't going to get the midfield time he wanted and he couldn't play other positions. Was a good player who couldn't unseat the better players.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, and he was more of the same with Sloane, Crouches etc

We can’t be deemed “ruthless” and still please everyone after all. Impossible not to like Lyons and glad he made a real success of things mainly in BrisVegas (bitter sweet though being phased out over the last 2 yrs when Brissie really got going)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, I thought the same. Sampson, Rintoul or Thiessen?

I love this preschool level analysis. Clay Sampson 24 games over 2 years and moved on. Chad Rintoul 23 games over 2 years and moved on. Thiessen, 44 games over 3 years and moved on. The point isn’t that barely fringe level players don’t appear in flag sides it’s that flag clubs don’t molly coddle these types to 150 games for no other reason than hoping experience and continuity eventually pay off. These players happen to find themselves on the edge of the a GF 22 whilst being churned through the system.

The Berg is a free agent, can't see him effecting their Cumming/Perryman compo surely?

How does the compo work, it would be a nothing pick anyhow?

It used to be that if you have a nett loss in numbers they’d effectively value the players out and deduct the players in. So 1 out 1 in ends up being a straight swap with no compo but 2 out and 1 in results in a calculation.

I’d have Buckley in a heart beat. You can hear in his analysis on commentary, he’s learned a lot since his coaching days. Leppitsch is an a’hole and I wouldn’t want him within 50 feet of our club.

So let’s reasses tonight’s events shall we.

I make a well known statement that Nicks changed our game plan and instead of taking ownership he blamed the players.

You jump in and ask for proof and tell me to shove it.

You have been provided proof by 2 posters.

Instead of admitting your error you’ve gone into full knobhead mode and you reckon you’re the one who should be take the moral high ground?

As I asked, is it a full moon?

Reminds me of old vahluus.

I’d have Buckley in a heart beat. You can hear in his analysis on commentary, he’s learned a lot since his coaching days. Leppitsch is an a’hole and I wouldn’t want him within 50 feet of our club.

But from all reports he has a damn good footy brain.

After getting sacked by Brisbane - went to Richmond as an assistant and was a part of their 3 flags in 4 years. Then he joined Collingwood at the end of 2021 and won a flag with them in 2023.

Bulldogs tried to poach him at the end of 2023 as well.

Obviously very well thought of in footy circles.

FFS... anyone who is a half decent judge of football knows we clearly changed the game plan.

Don't treat us like fools.

Mostyn would accept we changed the game plan if it wasn’t attached to criticism of Nicks. Which to him is criticism of the club. And now that the losses have stopped piling up, everything is fine and rosey again and the club can do no wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back