Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:
Bahaha, the fact that you felt so strongly that you chose that to respond to. Where is my 'precious' emoji?
I'm just reading team boards about any trades.
I find the draft commentary, but trade period does bring out really weird suggestions and opinions.

Just stating that the AFL players do not have to be tested out of season. It's a choice.
And how would the guy even know if there's a 2nd strike? Answer that.

Only the doc is told at strike 2 for any player.
Those are the rules.

But you can make up stuff if you want. Thats Bigfooty.

No. Like me he actually bothered to watch some of his games to form his view.

He's depth. Thats it. Hes not shifting the dial which was my point and dont think hes clearly best 22
Bullshit!!

If you want to double down on your stupidity feel free..

Bailey smith to Geelong….

He is, but that's not his radio persona.

Edit - he did mention how good of a pick up Jack Darling will be......
and Parker! and 'watch out for Kangas' whilst being ignorant of Peatling if I heard right ('havent seen much of him' or similar words)

Seriously thats lacking understanding

ps Rowey finally realised our unprecedently hard draw - 3/4 weeks late....less knowledgeable than many on here

all of your view is based on this party thinks hes worth this or that. have you actually watched these supposedly best afield performances? I did and this is how I formed my view. Not fantasy points, not coaches votes, by carefully looking at his positioning, who who had on him, his disposal under pressure and so on... Shit can me all you like. I dont care its my view. I would only give up a third.
You are clearly wrong here, and on many fronts .....you watched maybe a couple of games .....I watched all 17 games

LOL, you can't see FA with positioning on TV

Saying Rowe is an expert commentator is like saying a brick has a personality .....you may think it's a radio personna, but you can't hide your real self for 20 years ......and when a person gets angry, as Rowe does, the curtains come down, the filters disappear ... the real person is exposed

He's a class A Moron !

hmmm... maybe gws know he's going.

they're upping his coin, knowing he wont accept cos we will match it but pushes us to offer more in trade.
You're clutching at straws now

You are clearly wrong here, and on many fronts .....you watched maybe a couple of games .....I watched all 17 games

LOL, you can't see FA with positioning on TV

Saying Rowe is an expert commentator is like saying a brick has a personality .....you may think it's a radio personna, but you can't hide your real self for 20 years ......and when a person gets angry, as Rowe does, the curtains come down, the filters disappear ... the real person is exposed

He's a class A Moron !
Seriously, why do we have to throw out these types of insults? How old are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, why do we have to throw out these types of insults? How old are you?
Because Rowe pretends to be knowledgeable .....he's an infomercial reader, a networker of sponsors .....he does maybe an hours work on the radio show, with zero research .....any research is done by office staff

Because Rowe pretends to be knowledgeable .....he's an infomercial reader, a networker of sponsors .....he does maybe an hours work on the radio show, with zero research .....any research is done by office staff
That’s rubbish, he’s been a chairman of selectors for the sanfl state team for years.
Been an assistant coach in the sanfl, had a son play afl.
He’s a footy lover and probably watches more games than you do.

Bullshit!!

If you want to double down on your stupidity feel free..
how would you know what I watched.

you have good views on players and if you not I called you out for your plaudits of kai lohmann long before he was drafted

but what you are saying is that i cant have an opinion. its my opinion I have looked at him and I think hes depth. it might be different to others opinion but i guarantee im not the only one.

That’s rubbish, he’s been a chairman of selectors for the sanfl state team for years.
Been an assistant coach in the sanfl, had a son play afl.
He’s a footy lover and probably watches more games than you do.
Not a chance ! .....he's fishing all the time, that's his passion

His son playing AFL has what bearing on Rowes footy knowledge, prey tell ?

Geesus ....I could get a job as a SANFL coach these days .....are the assistants actually paid, or are they volunteers now 🤣

Gotta hand it to you, despite a lot of evidence to the contrary you just won't let got of that bone
what evidence? coaches vote? 🤣🤣🥲

you realise the umpires got votes wrong in the brownlow with the daicos bros. coaches get confused too.

you have not even bothered to watch it FFS

Must be plenty of list managers/recruiters out there that are bad judges with multiple clubs showing big interest in Peartling from the get go and still at least 3 going all out to get him....I'm with them when it comes to knowledge and intel on Peatling not with Stephen Rowe and the poster crapping on him.

Just stop, you've embarrassed yourself enough.

Expert lol
Here's the thing. Others think he knows what hes doing or he wouldn't be there. Perhaps you can do a better job?

Over here (Melbs) he is the only person in the adelaide media who has any cred at all.

Unlike others on here I'm not going to just flop over and change my opinion Tony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back