Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:
Jack Martin off to Geelong.

This will be the ultimate test of how good that club is.

anyone listening to rowey take on peatling on 5aa just now. well what do you know. and yes he has played a shit load more AFL games than all of us combined so you can laugh all you like but I'm not the only one with my opinion clearly....

anyone listening to rowey take on peatling on 5aa just now. well what do you know. and yes he has played a shit load more AFL games than all of us combined so you can laugh all you like but I'm not the only one with my opinion clearly....
Using Rowey has your evidence of being right is..... not good for you.

I’ve never actually seen him play so can’t comment, I’ve just seen his highlights which are going to be glossed, but his skill set seems like what we’d need.

I can only also go by his club want him as do a number of clubs.
I think this sums it up the most, his CURRENT club don't want to lose him, that says more than who wants to get him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's the point being refuted. The players you quoted AREN'T Murphy's at all. They all played less than 40 games over 2-3 seasons and were churned, we've locked Murphy in for 100-150 games instead of moving 4-5 players through that role. No different to Mackay playing nearly 250 games at the club, he should have been moved on years prior but instead we gave all those games to a player selected in the bottom couple of the 22. If that's your ceiling, you shouldn't last beyond 20-30 games and a couple of years. Dowling can provide no less than Murphy after one season in the 2s. If he isn't projecting upwards at the desired rate, he gets churned too.
all good. i really just dont care that much so cant be ****** debating this further with you but feel free to keep going whilst i seek the occasional rumour which is why i am on this thread, cheers

There's a fair chance he's going by stat's on the AFL app
And Rowey wouldnt have the intelligence to drill down any further to see he was a sub 7 times and look at his T.O.G.

I’ve never actually seen him play so can’t comment, I’ve just seen his highlights which are going to be glossed, but his skill set seems like what we’d need.

I can only also go by his club want him as do a number of clubs.
A goal kicking mid, nice change from our dour types.

Get him in. It’s the kind of pickup we need. Especially given that we repeatedly strike out at the top end.

You lost me at "listening to Rowey". The worst football brain in the State, and completely clueless when it comes to any team or players outside of SA.

What's the evidence he's banged up physically? He had the dual shoulder recos in 2018 and hasn't had an operation on them since - at least that I could find.

Had a few hamstring issues and a broken hand - nothing that seem long term issues/something he cannot get back to his best with.

I cannot comment on his mental state however I guess if Melbourne do trade him, it feels like they're happy to bank on him not getting back to his best which is probably the biggest concern for mine.

That said, still interested myself - depending on what it costs.
One of Gary Lyon's Melbourne defensive rants On the Couch, he was saying Oliver's hand has been bashed up all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back