Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:
what evidence? coaches vote? 🤣🤣🥲

you realise the umpires got votes wrong in the brownlow with the daicos bros. coaches get confused too.

you have not even bothered to watch it FFS
Again with a REALLY poor argument.

2 coaches, 1 being the premiership coach and 1 being HIS OWN coach.... got him wrong.

Mate, honestly

Here's the thing. Others think he knows what hes doing or he wouldn't be there. Perhaps you can do a better job?

Over here (Melbs) he is the only person in the adelaide media who has any cred at all.

Unlike others on here I'm not going to just flop over and change my opinion Tony.
You'd be a Kyle and Jackie O listener wouldn't you

Unless he's an employee with a contract which prohibits it, he's a self employed contractor who will have such terms within his contract. Or not.
It's similar to an ABC person who writes a book. Many have so I don't see the difference.
The difference is a book doesn't involve your face and voice appearing regularly on commercial TV stations.

all of your view is based on this party thinks hes worth this or that. have you actually watched these supposedly best afield performances? I did and this is how I formed my view. Not fantasy points, not coaches votes, by carefully looking at his positioning, who who had on him, his disposal under pressure and so on... Shit can me all you like. I dont care its my view. I would only give up a third.

No, I haven't. I couldn't even tell you what he looks like, other than apparently he has a long neck?

I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge my complete ignorance in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to get some intel on Peatling from my contact. The Crows are offering the best deal by far in terms of pure $$$, if he stays at the Giants it will be for less money (even with the extra year added today). We have given this our best shot, it he stays then there’s genuinely not much else we could have done.
Confidence levels?

Managed to get some intel on Peatling from my contact. The Crows are offering the best deal by far in terms of pure $$$, if he stays at the Giants it will be for less money (even with the extra year added today). We have given this our best shot, it he stays then there’s genuinely not much else we could have done.
Yeah I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get him, but won’t be disappointed or mad at the club on this one

Appears we’re going as hard as we can

Reads like a concession summary from your source to be fed to fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back