Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:

He's coming from a bit of a higher base than Chris Burgess don't you think ??

I don't agree, at least Burgess has experience in the role he was brought in for.

Whereas this a line coach that we're bringing in as our director of coaching, a guy that's going from being a line coach to suddenly becoming the overseer of our whole coaching department.

A guy that 24 hours ago was a complete unknown, but has suddenly gone from complete zero to hero in some people's eyes the moment he's announced that he's coming to the club.

Same thing happened last year when people were hyping up Chris Burgess' arrival.

As I said I can't even feign excitement anymore with mediocre announcements.
If Chris Fagan walked in the door 7 years ago people here would have this attitude

The reality is no one really knows , the guy could be an absolute star or no better than what we have , we will find out . I remember people having apathy about Rahilly coming as no one knew who he was

And getting people from successful premiership organisations seems to turn out pretty well , look at alot of the senior coaches these days and they’ve come from being assistants in premierships

The other thing I like about it is he survived post Fagan having been there pre Fagan , that doesn’t actually happen very often and shows Fagan must have rated him highly as wasn’t one of his men

I don't agree, at least Burgess has experience in the role he was brought in for.

Whereas this a line coach that we're bringing in as our director of coaching, a guy that's going from being a line coach to suddenly becoming the overseer of our whole coaching department.
Have a look at Chris Fagans CV

It's incredibly similar. Couple of years coaching NEAFL, including a flag, a long term assistant at a much more successful club than Fagan was at before his time at Hawtborn

Has he officially been announced as coaching director ? Well could be but haven’t seen announcement

Well Roo said we are announcing our coaching director this week and that’s what Norris as gone with, has he got it wrong? Maybe, but if he’s coaching director what’s your thoughts?
My news was we were announcing the senior assistant this week. Maybe we are announcing both?

How about everyone stop wetting their pants ....unkown doesn't mean inferior .....we would have spoken to Fagan, Smythe, and Noble for background info

Don't get hungup on job title, wait till a job description is released ....example: Davis could be the conduit with other line coaches, SANFL, and Development Coaches .....easing the workload off Nicks, as well as being senior assistant

We just have no idea, people are guessing, and jumping the gun

How about everyone stop wetting their pants ....unkown doesn't mean inferior .....we would have spoken to Fagan, Smythe, and Noble for background info

Don't get hungup on job title, wait till a job description is released ....example: Davis could be the conduit with other line coaches, SANFL, and Development Coaches .....easing the workload off Nicks, as well as being senior assistant

We just have no idea, people are guessing, and jumping the gun
And if he’s our coaching director never having coached a senior team in the AFL, what’s that say about your boy Nicks?

Put your opinion out before the club provides your opinion for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A coaching director?
Someone like Justin Leppitch? A failed senior coach that had a toxic history at the Lions as a coach, but is a well credentialled assistant coach. We are getting someone in that is highly respected by a premiership winning club and has developed AA players like Harris Andrews since draft day.

‘Right hand man’ sounds like Senior assistant to me especially in knowledge that Burns has been demoted

Sounds more like ‘Senior assistant’ than ‘coaching director’ until we here an official announcement

Perhaps we are also getting a ‘coaching director ‘

Actually sounds like a good move from afar but time will tell

‘Right hand man’ sounds like Senior assistant to me especially in knowledge that Burns has been demoted

Sounds more like ‘Senior assistant’ than ‘coaching director’ until we here an official announcement

It does seem that way

Guess we'll wait for the announcement

Sounds like we have finally realised we need some smarts in our coaching box... regardless of titles.

No way Chris Fagan would've passed the test of some Crows supporters in his Hawthorn days if he was appointed as our footy manager based on a couple of years at Melbourne and no experience in the role
I will say, not everyone is going to be Chris Fagan.

I imagine Silvers would've spoken to Chris about him, Probably David Noble too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back