Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• No new rumors

Last edited:
I doubt any club would ever use the B&F results anyway. Clubs have different criteria to earn points. Everything on the table would be about his future potential and where he fits into the market.
Otherwise we should have traded Murphy at the end of last season..

One look at that account and it just reads like one of those weirdos on here where creates a new account every 6 months.

There's no credibility to that account.

We're all viewing these on different screens, but these colours look really good to me.

That navy is darker than the one Nine had last night.

😬

I think I know who they are on here.

Leadership is a totally different set of skills to coaching.

You can be a CEO of a telecommunications business and then go be a CEO of an education consultancy company. You don't need to know anything about either of those things to be successful.

You can sometimes tell who has never been in leadership roles.
Sometimes?

It's usually very obvious whether someone is a competent leader or not.

But you make a very good point that it's a different skill set to teaching.

I guess my concern is that we need a "Director of Coaching" that can actually direct and reign in Matthew Nicks. If we're not going to sack him, then he needs to get a lot better at coaching. That's what you'd hope a role above Nicks would be doing, ensuring the entire coaching panel improves, getting them to work together, cutting out the stupidity.

If we're hiring someone that doesn't have that experience base to draw on, how is he going to effectively manage Nicks who actually has experience in that head coaching role? Would Nicks respect him and learn from him? I mean I hope so but the man is stubborn.
You're applying your thoughts & desire to the role being filled .....there isn't a role in AFL Footy, whereby this Director of Coaching, as you put it, directs or reigns in the Club Coach

Mostyn is correct ....those roles are usually aimed at reducing the workload on the Coach ....being a sounding board for the Coach ....and unifying the coaching, recruitment, and development coaches, so everyone is on the same page.

Who Nicks reports to, is probably still Kelly, or whoever the Club gets for that Graham Wright designated role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I can't really see why Wright would say yes. He's just left that job at a different club.

Good on Silver's for shooting his shot, I guess.
You have to ask the question of Wright ....would be derelict not to

The issue is that the same people that decided to extend Nicks have made this decision.
Now they are doing everything possible to cover up the poor decision to extend Nicks by bringing in people who can advise him how to coach better...

Lol it's not like we're making him the club physio.

He's a career-long AFL coach becoming a director of coaching. It's the exact career path you'd want.
And VERY DIFFERENT to the path Brett Burton took to his Adelaide Gig 🤮

I cop a lot of stick on being negative to prospective recruits .....Redman, and Brendan Cox

Kornsey lambasting long Contracts on SEN now ....really getting stuck into Cox and his Contract .....stupid contract for a bloke who can't defend

Redman ....well, we avoided a car crash there

The club seem to believe that Nicks needs more support, that he was left managing too many areas and that he wasn't given the resources to succeed.

That's what it seems like at least.
Well if that's the case yet another reason for Roo and Olsen to resign. No excuses with a club that has our resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back