Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
I've been given infractions from all our mods bar 1 (I won't even bother mentioning mods on other boards), does that mean I'm being targeted by all of them?

TBF - I've deserved all of them, and on more than few occasions knew I'd be infracted when posting a reply

About the only thing I'd question is the size or severity on a few of them - c'est la vie

He'll probably be allowed back after a reasonable holiday

There are mods on others boards who were perma banned in previous incarnations of their lives here
Unfortunately things get political and when you see what some people get infracted for and then what gets left it’s pretty clear.

Maybe if he ever let me in to his cuddling circle I could have protected him. Now he has some thinking time to choose his lieutenants more carefully.
The only lieutenants that are any use are mods.
In general the board is modded pretty well though.

I've been given infractions from all our mods bar 1 (I won't even bother mentioning mods on other boards), does that mean I'm being targeted by all of them?

TBF - I've deserved all of them, and on more than few occasions knew I'd be infracted when posting a reply

About the only thing I'd question is the size or severity on a few of them - c'est la vie

He'll probably be allowed back after a reasonable holiday

There are mods on others boards who were perma banned in previous incarnations of their lives here
Infractions are part of the fun. Well for posters 🤣

It's the mods not brave enough to tell why it's the only problem I have... but shy mods aren't just on big footy.

Infractions are part of the fun. Well for posters 🤣

It's the mods not brave enough to tell why it's the only problem I have... but cowardly mods aren't just on big footy.
I got a cracker 5-6 years ago from a thread on the main board

3 days after I posted it. And another 300 or 400 posts had been added to the thread 😂

My largely innocuous post upset 1 person after literally hundreds of other people had been past it

Yeah, I'm not a complete w***er. I tend to support the players at the club I barrack for.
Apparently you are not able to do that woth 100% endorsing everything the club does.

But on your Milera comments, do you think he makes it back ? Hes had a lot of knees now.

He seems to becoming this generations Trent Hentschel (what could have been without injuries)

I got a cracker 5-6 years ago from a thread on the main board

3 days after I posted it. And another 300 or 400 posts had been added to the thread 😂

My largely innocuous post upset 1 person after literally hundreds of other people had been past it
That's why you are meant to be told why so you can challenge it.

But moderating is hard. And not everyone has the same sense of humour as me 🤣

Years ago, I kept getting targeted by one particular mod who was protecting the regulars and their favourites from any pushback. Especially the local troll. I was often infracted with no explanation.

After trying to get a reasonable explanation multiple times and failing, I just stopped coming here much. Can’t stand circle-jerks and hierarchical internet shit. So juvenile.

Now I just come here at trade/draft time. Only time worth being here anyway.

That's why you are meant to be told why so you can challenge it.

But moderating is hard. And not everyone has the same sense of humour as me 🤣

I had a couple of posts deleted recently for being “off topic”.
I find this strange because most threads end up off topic.
Would rather be given the proper reason rather than a disingenuous one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit tough on Milera's disposal there, he's a bloody good kick, one of his very best attributes along with his agility and evasiveness. What remains to be seen with his serious achilles injury is will he still maintain that agility and evasiveness.

Achillies? Is it a new injury?

I thought he ruptured his patella (same injury that destroyed his 2021 season)?

Yeah, I'm not a complete w***er. I tend to support the players at the club I barrack for.
lol. You reckon he’s a w***er. You’ll forget all of that, so he goes from a w***er to a not a w***er because of who he plays for.

Do you not get how idiotic that is? It’s basis of your opinions and why I ride you, they aren’t actually your opinions and given you’re an adult that’s staggering. It also extends to your opinions on here, why would anyone take them seriously and what makes you think you’re in a position to criticise anyone else’s who doesn’t blindly follow the club? At least our opinions are based on our own thoughts based on the information in front of us, not based on blind club loyalty which just makes you a sheep.

Bit tough on Milera's disposal there, he's a bloody good kick, one of his very best attributes along with his agility and evasiveness. What remains to be seen with his serious achilles injury is will he still maintain that agility and evasiveness.
Wasn't Milera's latest injury a knee again? Or did I miss an achilles issue?

I think he looks best when he's actually trapped and forced to turn it on and looks amazing when he weaves out of trouble. I feel otherwise, he's playing the team direction which is move it onto the safe option when we really need him to take it on.

No you're correct, his 2nd similar injury along with hamstrings and foot issues in recent years.

The chance of him ever reaching his full potential would now seem a pipedream.

That's right, although it was the other knee this time around.

So that's the patella in both knees now.

He should be good for the preseason though - so... if he's fit and moving well you'd think he's best 22. I still have hopes he can be an A-grader for 4-5 years.

I would love to know why clubs don't do it
I wish I could find it somewhere, but it was probably a random segment on Trade Radio where I heard it unfortunately. There are plenty of clubs like the Crows, Eagles and Collingwood that could quite easily pay far more than most clubs, but none go over the soft cap. There was a reason why other than just the extra tax component.

lol. You reckon he’s a w***er. You’ll forget all of that, so he goes from a w***er to a not a w***er because of who he plays for.

Do you not get how idiotic that is? It’s basis of your opinions and why I ride you, they aren’t actually your opinions and given you’re an adult that’s staggering. It also extends to your opinions on here, why would anyone take them seriously and what makes you think you’re in a position to criticise anyone else’s who doesn’t blindly follow the club? At least our opinions are based on our own thoughts based on the information in front of us, not based on blind club loyalty which just makes you a sheep.
The cool thing about not being in a cult is that I can think one of our own players is a w***er and still support them 100%. As long as they're getting the job done, I don't need them to be likeable.

That's right, although it was the other knee this time around.

So that's the patella in both knees now.

He should be good for the preseason though - so... if he's fit and moving well you'd think he's best 22. I still have hopes he can be an A-grader for 4-5 years.
It's going to be interesting to see how he comes back

It's seemed (to me anyway) like it wasn't until his second season back that his form started return. Which if he can regain it again, may mean 2026. But he's out of contract end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back