Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
That's right, although it was the other knee this time around.

So that's the patella in both knees now.

He should be good for the preseason though - so... if he's fit and moving well you'd think he's best 22. I still have hopes he can be an A-grader for 4-5 years.

I disagree.

In 2021 - when he did the patella last time he was 24 and it was done in Feb. He returned back full season training in 2021 and managed to play rd 1 2022. He looked terrible, was dropped and then ended up having 3 months in the SANFL before returning in the back end of 2022 for another 10 insiginifcant games. He then had a good preseason and was very good in 2023.

Here is an article showing he was "back to full preseason training" in December - but he wasnt the same.

In 2024 - he is three years older and did the injury at the very end of March (31st).

He has a timeline for this injury of returning to form and fitness and unfortunately it took him 2 years as a 24 year old. We should have zero expectations for him in 2025.

The cool thing about not being in a cult is that I can think one of our own players is a w***er and still support them 100%. As long as they're getting the job done, I don't need them to be likeable.
Yep, he could have just said he’ll support him as a Crows player, but he actually just admitted he’ll change his opinion on what type of person he is.

Why are we talking about Milera? He has zero relevance for this future. Sadly, he's done.
Might get back to good SANFL level..........might.
But that's it.
agree.
Trade and take what we can get. Literally anything in the 2nd or 3rd round this year i'd take.
If any club would offer him a 3 year deal, that move would be in his best interests. If he breaks down again next year, his career is just about done.

Us supporters should get to vote which players go on the camp, though.

Off you go Murphy, Laird, Smith, Burgess, ROB...

Careful. Its looking like we will be entering the offseason with only two draft picks - #4 and Welsh.

If we lose ROB we go into season 2025 with only Strachan as a ruckman. Thats not a good spot to be in.

ROB is fine. Each year I like him more (Because his salary is less of the cap).

It's a case of "we know he's flog, but he's our flog, and we're going to wrap our arms around him"
Kind of like several players who have played cricket for Australia. Michael Clarke, David Warner, etc.

Kind of like several players who have played cricket for Australia. Michael Clarke, David Warner, etc.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

David Warner was a flog that was a too bigger flog to wrap our arms around him

I got a cracker 5-6 years ago from a thread on the main board

3 days after I posted it. And another 300 or 400 posts had been added to the thread 😂

My largely innocuous post upset 1 person after literally hundreds of other people had been past it
Relevant to this thread somewhat as its related to trades, but I got an infraction once for saying that Hartlett was worth only worth a 2nd rounder on the Main Board. :$ :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid is doing well so far this trade.
I guess it can be said that our contracting people who are essentially junk is the issue. It is a double edged sword though, we need mature bodies in the SANFL to keep our newbies from getting banged up. Obviously, if we could just have a sup list of 10 ex players on our list to help out, we could probably cut deeper each year

Apparently you are not able to do that woth 100% endorsing everything the club does.

But on your Milera comments, do you think he makes it back ? Hes had a lot of knees now.

He seems to becoming this generations Trent Hentschel (what could have been without injuries)

I don't 100% endorse everything the club does. But I try to be optimistic.

Milera? I worry about how cumulative these injuries are on a body, and a patella injury can be really debilitating. I don't think he's going to immediately trust his body and he'll need to build himself back up.

He'll get the opportunity to find out - I think he will get a year extension on his deal, unless something really bad happens.

I don't 100% endorse everything the club does. But I try to be optimistic.

Milera? I worry about how cumulative these injuries are on a body, and a patella injury can be really debilitating. I don't think he's going to immediately trust his body and he'll need to build himself back up.

He'll get the opportunity to find out - I think he will get a year extension on his deal, unless something really bad happens.
i know you don't. 👍🏻

Maybe I dont have the context here but this is the basis for how we perceive everyone in life? Weird to call it out.
Yeah.

If Nank did the same thing to Port that Draper did to us, I would have laughed.

This isn't a court of law - it's cheering one guernsey over another. My perspective completely changes depending on who does something.

Maybe for you it is.

Your opinion of someone is your opinion, him as a person doesn’t change just because he plays for you.
Me and the overwhelming majority of human beings. We are forever looking for our tribe.

You can't win this fight from your position unless you want to fundamentally ignore how our species works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back