Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
Why are we talking about Milera? He has zero relevance for this future. Sadly, he's done.
Might get back to good SANFL level..........might.
But that's it.
Milera has anther shot of AFL in him, contracted for another 12 months gives him plenty of time to regain form and press for a senior spot.

Nicks loves him as Nicks loves anyone who is highly skilled, so I think he'll come back.

But as for playing and winning finals, who knows of the body can hold up that long in a season or until that happens.

Also just as keeping Tex this year got us Cumming and then Peatling, Milera can get us NWM next year, there's a connection there.

lol. You reckon he’s a w***er. You’ll forget all of that, so he goes from a w***er to a not a w***er because of who he plays for.

Do you not get how idiotic that is? It’s basis of your opinions and why I ride you, they aren’t actually your opinions and given you’re an adult that’s staggering. It also extends to your opinions on here, why would anyone take them seriously and what makes you think you’re in a position to criticise anyone else’s who doesn’t blindly follow the club? At least our opinions are based on our own thoughts based on the information in front of us, not based on blind club loyalty which just makes you a sheep.
This is when you go... he's a w***er, but he's OUR w***er.

Careful. Its looking like we will be entering the offseason with only two draft picks - #4 and Welsh.

If we lose ROB we go into season 2025 with only Strachan as a ruckman. Thats not a good spot to be in.

ROB is fine. Each year I like him more (Because his salary is less of the cap).

Well he becomes an UFA at the end of 2025. With the limited supply of ruckman around the league, we are either going to have to pay the man or find another experienced ruck elsewhere.

If we draft a development ruck this year or next, not a chance they will be ready before 2027/28.

Also just as keeping Tex this year got us Cumming and then Peatling, Milera can get us NWM next year, there's a connection there.
' come on over Cuz the dumb ****s give you contract after contract and you dont even have to play '

Milera has anther shot of AFL in him, contracted for another 12 months gives him plenty of time to regain form and press for a senior spot.

Nicks loves him as Nicks loves anyone who is highly skilled, so I think he'll come back.

But as for playing and winning finals, who knows of the body can hold up that long in a season or until that happens.

All Milera needs is one game to let us have all of his kids in the future. Make him a sub for one game if he's showing he's not up to it anymore.

This is when you go... he's a w***er, but he's OUR w***er.
I have to laugh at those posters here who think they're the Internet Police.

I don't give a crap about your feelings on my opinions.

I couldn't care less if you think some people here are too optimistic, or others are hypocritical.

It's a game.

It doesn't need people thinking they somehow need to be a BigFooty Cop and policing what people think.

If you don't rate someone's opinions, then mute them.

As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the fact that I'd cheer David Warner when he played for Australia, but I probably would have booed him if he'd opened the batting for the Poms. From my point of view, once he'd pulled on the green and gold - or the tricolours - then he'd become a better person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone said Pedlar has to sit in the 2s and get his body right before thinking of reclaiming a spot in the As - I feel Milera is in a similar position.

I dont think 6 weeks in the SANFL would be a good guide to his readiness for AFL
I want to see Pedlar rip a midfield apart in the 2s before I see him at AFL level. I reckon he played sore in the back half of the year so his output was pretty low.

Full pre season is absolutely required

I know I'd absolutely love Zorko if he was coming off the HBF for the Crows.
I Dont Think So No Way GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I was always conflicted when he had a big innings
Even the relief when he finally retired was tempered by the knowledge he'll now be parked in the commentary box for the next 40 years

I want to see Pedlar rip a midfield apart in the 2s before I see him at AFL level. I reckon he played sore in the back half of the year so his output was pretty low.

Full pre season is absolutely required
Pretty sure he was carrying an injury shortly after being dropped, up until his season ended with another shoulder reco

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back