Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
Agree, but that’s not what he said, he basically said he’d change his mind and he wouldn’t be a w***er any more
Are you a lawyer?

Sometimes, often, your arguments are centred precisely on what people post without considering any nuance (not dissimilar to Sanders)

And then you sometimes spend days, weeks, months trying to hammer to the same point home

Kristof has clarified what he thinks, and yet you're still trying to score some meaningless BF win

It's boring .. move on

I have to laugh at those posters here who think they're the Internet Police.

I don't give a crap about your feelings on my opinions.

I couldn't care less if you think some people here are too optimistic, or others are hypocritical.

It's a game.

It doesn't need people thinking they somehow need to be a BigFooty Cop and policing what people think.

If you don't rate someone's opinions, then mute them.

As for me, I'm perfectly happy with the fact that I'd cheer David Warner when he played for Australia, but I probably would have booed him if he'd opened the batting for the Poms. From my point of view, once he'd pulled on the green and gold - or the tricolours - then he'd become a better person.
lol and what do you think you act to posters who are critical of the club? Do you think you try to encourage discerning opinions or shut them down.

As for the Warner example, it’s not relevant. Pretty sure you acknowledge he’s a w***er but you support him, most of us do.

You clearly said Draper would be less of a bellend if he played for the Crows. Whereas most of us would still hold the opinion he’s a bellend but still support him because he’s a Crows supporter. Spot the difference? Our opinion on his character hasn’t changed.

As for you not caring that the majority recognise you’re a clapper whose opinion reflects the Crows opinion and you can’t think for yourself, yeah nah. That’s why you wrote this drivel to try and pretend you don’t.

The only reason for thinking milera is best 22, is the bias associated with him being “the Dangerfield pick”. He’s not good enough and sadly, that’s footy.

Any of his instinctive creativity was crowed out of him (cough, Rachelle) and the coaching staff can’t decide where his best position is…

Add multiple injuries.. and here we are. We owe to him to get him through his rehab and cut him loose.
I think we should have picked a different type of player given our needs at the time but if he can stay on the park he's best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. You reckon he’s a w***er. You’ll forget all of that, so he goes from a w***er to a not a w***er because of who he plays for.

Do you not get how idiotic that is? It’s basis of your opinions and why I ride you, they aren’t actually your opinions and given you’re an adult that’s staggering. It also extends to your opinions on here, why would anyone take them seriously and what makes you think you’re in a position to criticise anyone else’s who doesn’t blindly follow the club? At least our opinions are based on our own thoughts based on the information in front of us, not based on blind club loyalty which just makes you a sheep.
I hated Joel Selwood ducking his head but I loved Matty Wright kicking his 1 or 2 goals a week from ducking his head.

Interesting that Olsen talked about seeking out more experienced football operators like Wright or Balme... when apparently Balme is still waiting on a phone call from AFC!
I'm fairly sure Neil's been told enough is enough after his latest health scare going back a month or 2.

Poor bloke didn't even get to go to his own testimonial dinner.

I'm fairly sure Neil's been told enough is enough after his latest health scare going back a month or 2.

Poor bloke didn't even get to go to his own testimonial dinner.
Apparently he mentioned last week he hadn't heard from the Crows... so he still thinks he has something to give.

Apparently he mentioned last week he hadn't heard from the Crows... so he still thinks he has something to give.
I saw that, maybe his wife has confiscated his phone haha.

Not saying we've called him, and if he's healthy we should, but I think doctors have been telling him for years to just go and retire properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back