Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Bit of luck involved in that their stars all want to leave

But yeah they’ll do well to re-stack their young talent stocks, after having barely any hits in the past 5 years

Back at the end of 2020 if we had guys like Smith, Laird, Crouch and Milera requesting trades, do you reckon we'd let them go or hold them to their contract?

Anyone here sloane on trade radio?
Kane asked if he thought he should go elsewhere to experience other club cultures.
He didn’t agree due to experiencing so many coaches over his time here🤦‍♂️
I didn't think his answer was too bad TBH. Wants to make sure his next move is the right one for him and his family, with his kids nearly starting school.

I think what is clear is that he and Belinda are very settled and love SA, and would ideally like to stay. And not that he referenced it, but I think being so close with the Walkers especially would be another factor making it hard for them to pack up and go.

I didn't think his answer was too bad TBH. Wants to make sure his next move is the right one for him and his family.

I think what is clear is that he and Belinda are very settled and love SA, and ideally like to stay. I think being so close with the Walkers especially would make it hard for them to pack up and go.
It’s a perfectly fine answer for him, but for our club I don’t think it’s the right way to go.

Back at the end of 2020 if we had guys like Smith, Laird, Crouch and Milera requesting trades, do you reckon we'd let them go or hold them to their contract?
Very different circumstances with COVID at the time. It’s also not a good thing for Richmond they’re losing 3 of the top 5 players at the club, regardless of the draft quality. Richmond also don’t have a good history of getting these rebuilds right the first time.

We traded a contracted Cameron/McGovern/Betts, so I’m guessing had we would’ve had we gotten a good price we would’ve considered it

So it’s clear we’ve offered him a gig here.

Nice retirement fund for past leaders.
Maybe have a listen first, was a very good interview. Talked about potentially helping out in player development with Andrew Fagan’s new management firm or even maybe a role in player development with the AFL. Given his work with AFL Max, he said his main passion is helping the next generation have the best possible chance of realizing their dreams.

I don’t think he will be at a club at all next year.

He didn’t even say he wanted to stay involved with a club, why not articulate what he actually said?
I wrote down what I heard. And it was a clip not the whole interview.
Pretty hard to write down all the things he didn’t say, wouldn’t you think?

I wrote down what I heard. And it was a clip not the whole interview.
Pretty hard to write down all the things he didn’t say, wouldn’t you think?
If you didn’t listen to the full interview, then maybe don’t make a massive assumption? It’s very clear he wants to be involved in some sort of role with young player development, whether that be with maybe a player management firm or AFL is still to be decided. Even floated media work as an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you didn’t listen to the full interview, then maybe don’t make a massive assumption? It’s very clear he wants to be involved in some sort of role with young player development, whether that be with maybe a player management firm or AFL is still to be decided. Even floated media work as an option.
settle down BACCS, it seems as if you’ve made an assumption that I’ve assumed something.
He was asked a question and I’ve posted the answer that the clip I listened to, didn’t make any more comment on it than that.
Maybe read all my subsequent posts before telling me to get the whole picture.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back