Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Last edited:

he can be walked to psd if he has a high front loaded price on his contract
0.00% chance this happens, already been said talks are happy between the two parties

I think we'll trade F3 + F4 for Peatling

Then on the draft night, we might look at trading F1 if the player is still on the board we want (if not, we just hold that)

0.00% chance this happens, already been said talks are happy between the two parties

I think we'll trade F3 + F4 for Peatling

Then on the draft night, we might look at trading F1 if the player is still on the board we want (if not, we just hold that)
Two problems with this...
A - we can't trade our F3/4 and our F1 as well
B - we won't be trading our F1 into the 2024 draft because we only have 2 positions to fill, and we certainly won't require it for points to match a Welsh bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wont be trading a F1 unless we make more delistings or payouts.

Plus you can always trade back in
Would it be possible on the night for Richmond to want to move up, maybe from 6 to 4, as has been reported previously. It would be a risk but if they offered to switch F1’s to do it we would still get a good mid this year and probably have pick 1 next year.

Wanting to hold on to F2 is more likely because it gives us flexibility to trade up to North's pick 2 on draft night if our player is there. If you believe that North are looking to slide back and take a tall over a mid as rumoured.

Would it be possible on the night for Richmond to want to move up, maybe from 6 to 4, as has been reported previously. It would be a risk but if they offered to switch F1’s to do it we would still get a good mid this year and probably have pick 1 next year.
With Dyson Sharpe potentially at the end of it, it might be a risk worth taking

Two problems with this...
A - we can't trade our F3/4 and our F1 as well
B - we won't be trading our F1 into the 2024 draft because we only have 2 positions to fill, and we certainly won't require it for points to match a Welsh bid.
Is the rule that you can’t trade F2 or F3 and your first? And can you apply for exemption like with trading multiple F1’s?

Is the rule that you can’t trade F2 or F3 and your first? And can you apply for exemption like with trading multiple F1’s?
If you want to trade your F1, then you need a full set of F2 & F3s. You can trade out an F2, trade in another, then trade the F1 - just as long as you have an F2 and an F3 at the time of the F1 trade.

With Dyson Sharpe potentially at the end of it, it might be a risk worth taking
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, however on reflection we could trade our F2 and still swap firsts for next year anyway.

Very strange that we are playing tough with Peatling but rolled over on ANB. Maybe giving up 28 was the condition agreed to way earlier to get Melbourne to let him go in the first place.

If you want to trade your F1, then you need a full set of F2 & F3s. You can trade out an F2, trade in another, then trade the F1 - just as long as you have an F2 and an F3 at the time of the F1 trade.
Thanks for that. BTW where do you find these rules? I couldn’t find anything about future picks on the AFL website.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, however on reflection we could trade our F2 and still swap firsts for next year anyway.

Very strange that we are playing tough with Peatling but rolled over on ANB. Maybe giving up 28 was the condition agreed to way earlier to get Melbourne to let him go in the first place.
Yeah I mean you can see why Melbourne wouldn't want to lose a guy like ANB when the whole club is seemingly falling down around them.

so we will get to 2025 draft with a 2nd and a 5th......
jesus
Not necessarily

assuming they can manufacture a list spot which appears difficult

it might be our F1 for gws 1st and gws F1 or something as a live trade

they use the pick on dodson and still have gws F1 next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back