Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Last edited:
I reckon the 4th option is Draper.

ROB is out of contract and a free agent next year. He might get offers from Vic. He seems highly rated over there. If he went, we'd be stuffed as Strachan is not good. Draper is not much better, but is good cover for ROB during the year, and an option if ROB did leave.

Dodson won't be ready for a while. We were into Goad last year. He'll have a 3-year deal, so might be working on getting him back?
draper is worse but we need another ruckman for sure

ROB is out of contract and a free agent next year. He might get offers from Vic. He seems highly rated over there. If he went, we'd be stuffed as Strachan is not good. Draper is not much better, but is good cover for ROB during the year, and an option if ROB did leave.

Dodson won't be ready for a while. We were into Goad last year. He'll have a 3-year deal, so might be working on getting him back?
Draper would cost a first rounder which would be insane when he’s a free agent in a year.

Draper makes ROB look like Dean Cox. What is wrong with this club (if the whispers are true that we are into him)?

Draper would cost a first rounder which would be insane when he’s a free agent in a year.
I don’t think he’d cost a first rounder even if he had 4 years left on his deal. I think we ask the question with both clubs knowing we get him for nothing next year. Though having said that, Bombers might think they’d do better with compo than a trade.

I don’t think he’d cost a first rounder even if he had 4 years left on his deal. I think we ask the question with both clubs knowing we get him for nothing next year. Though having said that, Bombers might think they’d do better with compo than a trade.
You’ve answered it for yourself, they’d have no reason to release him and doing so will leave them short a ruck, asking Goldstein to ruck the year is too much.

They’ve also not traded in anyone, so they must think they are close and won’t weaken their side.

I doubt we would bring Draper in this year.

How offended is Kane about us getting ANB! At every opportunity he brings it up
i think hes worried that with our three ins and them losing houston we might be better than port next year

unfortunately luko will solve some of their issues that is a shame we couldnt pull that off. still think we should go to GC with a deal.

these numbers are getting ever more extreme..

Lukosius is on a contract worth about $2.5 million over the next two years at the Suns – an amount the club is eager to move off their books – but would receive a longer-term contract on fewer dollars per year at the Power.

What if Melbourne were clear they weren’t giving anything back?

How were we getting their contracted player then?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We walk away and he stays at Melbourne or they try Port. He's a nice to have for an immediate improvement, but he won't be around when we're competing for multiple years at the pointy end. Happy to get him, but problem is the other big swinging you know what's can smell our desperation to immediately improve, 4/4 list management heavy hitters jobs depend on a 2025 rise to finals. They know we're weak and will take advantage, it's an ego driven part of the industry, they all want to beat each other.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think hes worried that with our three ins and them losing houston we might be better than port next year

unfortunately luko will solve some of their issues that is a shame we couldnt pull that off. still think we should go to GC with a deal.
Luko will help them but its their picks they will get in this draft that worry me more as if they end up with a good 1st and some good early 2nds they will get 3 good players in on top of luko and richards who will both make their forward half stronger going forward. I want that club to fail

They will be in our top 3-4 choices seemingly. Have been linked to both - and Draper. Haven’t heard us linked with Travaglia at all - or Smith, or FOS

Definitely the others though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Where have we been linked to Josh Smillie in the media?

I must have missed that is there a link?

What’s he said / saying? Have missed that
They were talking about players not upgrading their contracts when changing clubs and taking their current contracts with them. Of course straight to ANB only having 2 years and now he gets 4 at Adelaide. The crows live rent free in that head of his. He knows we got a steal with ANB

As for Beveridge saying we asked GWS if they would take a player, I highly doubt that means so we can grab another player.

It would be so we have don’t move a player to the rookie list or we keep another draft pick for next year.

Luko will help them but its their picks they will get in this draft that worry me more as if they end up with a good 1st and some good early 2nds they will get 3 good players in on top of luko and richards who will both make their forward half stronger going forward. I want that club to fail

Bit of a stretch to say Richards will make their forward line better - he’s a 9 game player

Luko - he still needs to show consistency and that he can stand up and play contested footy, he plays to mush bruise free footy for my liking

I still think people are underestimating the loss of Houston

Houston is a bigger loss, then Luko is a gain - Bergman will follow next off season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why when the top end of the draft is so even and that’s not going to get pick 2, besides I doubt we are swapping both picks, one of those they’ll keep, likely the 3rd.
Just because they are considered even now doesn’t mean their careers will end up being even. I’m no fan of Hamish, but if we went with what you’re saying we wouldn’t even need talent evaluators, just take the 4th rated mid when our turn comes.

There is every chance we rate 1 or 2 of these kids much higher than the rest and so moving up makes total sense. Don’t forget Dangerfield and Ebert where rated very similarly before the draft.

Just spreading his Schtick , his brand, his controversy.
He is the best at it, he is now on about clubs being able to trade coaches 😂

But I think under it is a very good footy brain.
I'd give a future first for someone to take Nicks off our hands.

Draper makes ROB look like Dean Cox. What is wrong with this club (if the whispers are true that we are into him)?
Every Essendon fan I know absolutely love him. I honestly don’t know how people have formed that impression of him, maybe because injury has halted his trajectory. Who knows, He might never fulfill his potential, but that potential is certainly there in spades.

I'd give a future first for someone to take Nicks off our hands.
That was part of his stirring with Horse and Nicks out of contract together .
Never short of ideas. About 6 months ago a caller on SEN compiled a list of his crazy calls
over a few years and about 80% had been on the mark.

these numbers are getting ever more extreme..

Lukosius is on a contract worth about $2.5 million over the next two years at the Suns – an amount the club is eager to move off their books – but would receive a longer-term contract on fewer dollars per year at the Power.
the report was 7m over 7 so sure it smooths it out (a little)

maybe we pulled out on him with the paypacket so he "picked" pear

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back