Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
It's still very overblown by fans though (why is it even still coming up?), especially the continued attack on Laird's character. It was one comment that was then also backed up by Dawson later in the week, but only Laird still cops it 2 months on.

Rachele and a few of the younger guys are back training with some of the senior players and wouldn't be giving this a 2nd thought, so when is this board going to move on like them?

Are you not familiar with this board?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Explain to me why Nank was made sub after a good game against Port for 2 kick in Smith? A game where under the heat of the showdown Nank had 16 touches at 94% disposal efficiency.

Given none of us know so we are all guessing - the most likely reason would be load management dictated by the high performance team
Next likely is Nicks wanted experience in - even though Nank had played well - which would be a poor conservative decision

But in the day and age of professional sport option one is much more likely

daylight robbery by us
It reads like a BF sheeple wet dream, consisting of moves that NONE of the 3 clubs would entertain.

Adelaide trading Berry out, less than 2 months after re-signing him to a 2-year contract? Not happening.
St Kilda trading Berry in, despite having shown no previous interest in him? Not happening.
GWS accepting less than our current offer for Peatling? Not happening.

Given none of us know so we are all guessing - the most likely reason would be load management dictated by the high performance team
Next likely is Nicks wanted experience in - even though Nank had played well - which would be a poor conservative decision

But in the day and age of professional sport option one is much more likely

Except when Nicks is the coach. Option 2 is clearly more likely especially when Nank has only played 5 games.

Why would the Giants care this much about a late shuffling of picks for Peatling? Seems so stupid this deal is just dragging on over pointless late picks, happens every trade period with all clubs.
I think the Giants probably want some later picks to give to Essendon for Stringer so they can get more points for Kako, and then push their first into next year for a good F1.

Just speculating though.

Yes lots of clappers who try and defend the club at any possible chance, some even change their opinion to back in the club

We have a handful of posters that are 90% negative and a handful who are 90% positive. The rest change their opinions on what the issue is and what the club has done

We even have posters that go full Lindy on might haves and could be’s from the media - because it gives another reason to be pi55ed about everything

It's still very overblown by fans though (why is it even still coming up?), especially the continued attack on Laird's character. It was one comment that was then also backed up by Dawson later in the week, but only Laird still cops it 2 months on.

Rachele and a few of the younger guys are back training with some of the senior players and wouldn't be giving this a 2nd thought, so when is this board going to move on like them?

At the end of the day it was handled poorly by the club and by the senior players/leaders.

Laird was the first one to publicly mention it and put it into the public arena, once that happened Dawson didn't really have a choice other than to address it.

Rightly or wrong Laird received the lion's share of the criticism about it due to him being the first person to mention it publicly.

I would also argue too that Laird by putting the Rachele stuff into public domain like that was criticising Rachele's character. It's strange that you're concerned that Laird is being cricitsed for something that the footy media in general said was a very poor look, but seem okay with players publicly attacking the character of their younger teammates.

Last edited:
We have a handful of posters that are 90% negative and a handful who are 90% positive. The rest change their opinions on what the issue is and what the club has done

We even have posters that go full Lindy on might haves and could be’s from the media - because it gives another reason to be pi55ed about everything

We haven’t won a flag for since 98, in the last 7 years we’ve won a wooden spoon and haven’t played finals in that period. We’ve lurched from one **** to another and are run by a bunch of morons. Of course negativity is going to be more prevalent because that’s our reality.

I think you’re classifying yourself in the middle which is wrong, you’re clearly in the camp of trying to make a positive or an excuse. Your Nank explanation is a classic example. Nank just happened to be the player needing to be managed who just happened to be playing in Smiths spot, what a convenient coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think we berated Laird behind closed doors when we didnt Rachele?
Did I say that? I said we don't know what happened. A lot of people in here seem to think that 2+2=7 and that they know 100% of everything that happens within the club from little shreds of info gathered from here there and everywhere.

End of the day, we know very little

Agree with this. We have no idea what went on.
And it wasn't just Laird, it was Dawson, Walker, Fogarty and Nicks, all coming out and saying - gently - that what he did wasn't on. I don't understand why it's only Laird that gets attacked on this board.
By people with absolutely no idea of what the real story is.

I remember that shit too.

I can guarantee if you tried to publicly humiliate me as an adult to make me comply, if you were say my manager, then I'd drop a few truth bombs in the other direction and walk the **** out.

I'm eminently employable, as is Rash, a bit of good ol' public humiliation is the fastest way for him to jump off the bandwagon to a place where that stuff doesn't happen.
There's a fine line between purposefully publicly humiliating someone, which could also be described as bullying. And discipline.

Cmon, Laird wasn’t the only senior player to comment.

You’ve inserted yourself into the conversation, you don’t like the bleeding obvious conclusion that senior players and youngsters being treated differently doesn’t help build culture and now you’re wiping your hands of it.
How is it bleedingly obvious? You are again acting like you know everything said, done, discussed and resulted from this indicent within the club even though you only know of a couple of public comments. I wouldn't doubt the personalities and characteristics of every player are discussed, tactics on how to reach every player are different from the player.

From my little tiny peep hole of a window looking in to the giant club, from the small amount of information I have on hand such as players wanting to come to the club, the playing group appearing tight, and players not wanting to leave, I'd say the culture is pretty good.

At the end of the day it was handled poorly by the club and by the senior players/leaders.

Laird was the first one to publicly mention it and put it into the public arena, once that happened Dawson didn't really have a choice other than to address it.

Rightly or wrong Laird received the lion's share of the criticism about it due to him being the first person to mention it publicly.

I would also argue too that Laird by putting the Rachele stuff into public domain like that was criticising Rachele's character. It's strange that you're concerned that Laird is being cricitsed for something that the footy media in general said was a very poor look, but seem okay with players publicly attacking the character of their younger teammates.
What I would have legitimately loved to see, is Dawson come out and say he spoke with Rachelle privately and that’s where it stays and Laird shouldn’t be bringing any issues regarding players into the public spotlight, and as a senior player in the team he should know better and it’s something that he needs to work on!!!!!!

Throw the right player under the bus!

Cmon, Laird wasn’t the only senior player to comment.

You’ve inserted yourself into the conversation, you don’t like the bleeding obvious conclusion that senior players and youngsters being treated differently doesn’t help build culture and now you’re wiping your hands of it.
There was an account it was the younger players who wanted to drive tighter standards at the club, so I'm not ruling out that it was them.

Then Laird was just the unlucky one who had to do the presser that day and answer the questions.

But you make up whatever fantasy you want.

There was an account it was the younger players who wanted to drive tighter standards at the club, so I'm not ruling out that it was them.

Then Laird was just the unlucky one who had to do the presser that day and answer the questions.

But you make up whatever fantasy you want.
What just like you did? Which is more plausible?

People here still damage controlling over the rachele treatment. You had dawson crying in the media about how a teamate celebrated a goal. It started over a teeth joke in the media. ****in snowflake club however you look at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back