Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Last edited:

West Coast about to get ****ing rolled in one of the worst trade moves in the history of the competition

Better pray now that Carlton don't take Draper in the draft. West Coast I was worried about taking Draper but Carlton we might have a little more luck with more Vics in the upper tier of the draft

I would be livid if I was an Eagles supporter

What has Baker ever done to justify a first rounder in such a strong draft?

Actually makes me annoyed we didn't trade Laird four years ago because he was twice the player then that Baker is now

🤷‍♂️

I don’t follow the draft intrinsically and get attached to draft picks. On face value, it is a bad deal thus far… but as a WCE supporter, there is no point getting worked up. Our club has and continues to do what they want, when they want, they certainly don’t have any care for what supporters think.

If the rebuild fails, then Don and co will pay the price.

Will wait to see the overall result at the end of the trade period, with Barrass going out also, may be looking more towards next years draft and a potential move for Warner

Who knows honestly.

West Coast about to get ****ing rolled in one of the worst trade moves in the history of the competition

Pyke will be getting PTSD from the Gibbs trade. I wonder if he paid for pizzas.

Carlton do need outside speed/burst from stoppage. Maybe they are into Draper?
I do think if FOS and Lalor aren't there, it'd make sense for them to take Draper

Either way, it feels like it's Smith or Draper for us now (at least that's how it should be)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤷‍♂️

I don’t follow the draft intrinsically and get attached to draft picks. On face value, it is a bad deal thus far… but as a WCE supporter, there is no point getting worked up. Our club has and continues to do what they want, when they want, they certainly don’t have any care for what supporters think.

If the rebuild fails, then Don and co will pay the price.

Will wait to see the overall result at the end of the trade period, with Barrass going out also, may be looking more towards next years draft and a potential move for Warner

Who knows honestly.
How refreshing seeing a footy supporter on here not crying like a baby and throwing the toys out of the cot at everything their club is (perceived) to do.

Could I trade some of the children on our board for you? We need more adults in these parts.

Also the cousin of Walsh.

If I was picking I'm going Draper or Lalor though. Far better for our list needs imo
Maybe so, but this just has a feel to it of take FOS now, great prospect in his own right but then load up in 12/24 months for a monster trade for his mate Reid. IF that is at all in the thinking its clever and also forward planning as if Reid wants back home, having a good mate at a blue chip club certainly won't hurt

How refreshing seeing a footy supporter on here not crying like a baby and throwing the toys out of the cot at everything their club is (perceived) to do.

Could I trade some of the children on our board for you? We need more adults in these parts.

I… did see some of the ah, exchanges on Friday evening 😆 It is not my board, but people have every right to be frustrated and disappointed with the club, 7 years out of the finals and the rushed extension of Nicks is… not good.

In saying that, you’ve had a very positive off season thus far. No excuses for Nicks and his crew next year, finals or he needs to go. You have a list which is capable of so much more 👍

Maybe so, but this just has a feel to it of take FOS now, great prospect in his own right but then load up in 12/24 months for a monster trade for his mate Reid. IF that is at all in the thinking its clever and also forward planning as if Reid wants back home, having a good mate at a blue chip club certainly won't hurt
I'm not sure. We have a F/S in 2026 who looks close to a certainty to go very very high that draft which would line up with Reid being OOC, meaning it would be borderline impossible to get both in at the same time.

A poster on our board has said Lalor is our target followed by Draper and FOS so I guess a lot falls on what Richmond and North do if the trade goes through tomorrow.

And I thought West Coast's trade down a few years ago which allow Port Power to get JHF was bad, this one is on another level. Weren't they all over Draper, maybe he is sliding after his injury????

I really don't see what teams see owies... Do not rate. Really crappy version of Brent Daniels...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back