Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Rumor summary October 16

• Stalemate on the Peatling trade as of 4pm, with us threatening to send him to the PSD (link)

Last edited:
Huh? There’s talk Welsh could slip to the rookie draft given that’s how he’s rated. But there would clearly be good players available at 43 who will be in demand more than Welsh, why wouldn’t we choose a better player if we still had that pick?
And I'm saying we could easily trade back in.

Something we've done in the past.

Its a very solid trade period, but outside pick 4, we have nothing in a supposed super draft when we are desperate for elite mids and still haven't addressed anything long term RE our rucks.

We are OVER stocked for half backs (Smith :$ , Cumming, Hinge, Michelanney, Milera, Jones etc) and mid/forward hybrids (Rankine, Rachelle, Peatling, ANB, Keays, Murphy, Pedlar etc) now.

Pick 4 now becomes absolutely massive to this offseason and what we do with it/select.
It's Rachele FFS

That internet rage could be oh so profitable to you focused on something else, Basement.

Take a day off. Get some sun. The world will be turning tomorrow. Lol.
lol seems someone is projecting, given your habit of drinking yourself to sleep each night.

And hardly raging, I’ve said we done very well, a B+ even, but to get an A we needed to have addressed our rucks or at least had another pick in a strong draft. If you consider that raging, you need to get out more.

Look I don't think these particular jokes were funny but if you can't simply scroll past them then I don't think the internet is for you.
OR, I could ask people to be mindful about what they post. Can’t change the world overnight, but slowly by slowly it’ll change. And clearly you’ve never been traumatised. These things are impossible to unsee and they stab you right in the guts. There are lots of people here who have stories that we don’t know. It doesn’t hurt to think about things - and others - before you post. That’s all.

Last edited:
There is a common feeling across clubland that Tyler Welsh has a very poor attitude and work ethic. This is info ive just been told by someone in player management. And it makes complete sense given his poor testing and body composition. I’m leaning toward us not taking him. Maybe as a speculative rookie. What a fall from grace.
Swear to god if we keep Chris ******* Burgess over drafting Welsh

Its a very solid trade period, but outside pick 4, we have nothing in a supposed super draft when we are desperate for elite mids and still haven't addressed anything long term RE our rucks.

We are OVER stocked for half backs (Smith :$ , Cumming, Hinge, Michelanney, Milera, Jones etc) and mid/forward hybrids (Rankine, Rachelle, Peatling, ANB, Keays, Murphy, Pedlar etc) now.

Pick 4 now becomes absolutely massive to this offseason and what we do with it/select.
Yep, we’ve kept Smith and Burgess and had to trade out 43. That’s not good.

Cmon, that’s clutching and wouldn’t it have made more sense to trade it out on the night where you get more value if someone wanted a player?
It's not really clutching.

Of.course I'd rather keep it but it's hardly worth spending too much time worrying about.

We were so hellbent on getting picks back for Peatling, something might be in the works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounded to me like they have put a value on him and if he happened to get bid on before it we're no certainty to take him...
So he's been highlighted by the team PR at a number of Crows home games wearing is father's old jumper, and again highlighted this year as part of our future development program?

If we don't take him as a FS, this is an embarrassing 180 degree turn-around! :eekv1: :confusedv1:

lol seems someone is projecting, given your habit of drinking yourself to sleep each night.

And hardly raging, I’ve said we done very well, a B+ even, but to get an A we needed to have addressed our rucks or at least had another pick in a strong draft. If you consider that raging, you need to get out more.
If you want to go there, I’m not the one living on an Australian rules football forum on the internet 24/7 perpetually having a shit fit.

I had a wonderful afternoon DRINKING with some friends and then I hopped on here to catch up on 7 pages only to see you being you.

I mean… get out more?…seriously? Lmfao.

Did you listen intently when Tyler Welsh's name was put to him?

Sounded like it's not an absolute done deal?
Not much to be gained by saying "we love him, he's going to be a jet, i hope nobody bids on him in the top ten" at this point. We've had 12 months where we're the only club to have had a proper look at his development. Information asymmetry is our best friend here. Actually thought Reid's answer was very slick there. Gave absolutely nothing away.

If you want to go there, I’m not the one living on an Australian rules football forum on the internet 24/7 perpetually having a shit fit.

I had a wonderful afternoon DRINKING with some friends and then I hopped on here to catch up on 7 pages only to see you being you.

I mean… get out more?…seriously? Lmfao.
Well I went out for a nice dinner with my son.

I’ve returned home sober, made a comment that we did well, but I’d give it a B+ not an A because of a ruck issue we didn’t address. That’s hardly raging, but you in your drunken stupor classify that as raging and refer to me as basement.

I would have thought a bloke who drinks most nights and brags about it on an internet forum has more issues don’t you?

I’ve returned home sober, made a comment that we did well, but I’d give it a B+ not an A because of a ruck issue we didn’t address. That’s hardly raging, but you in your drunken stupor classify that as raging and refer to me as basement.

I would have thought a bloke who drinks most nights and brags about it on an internet forum has more issues don’t you?
Now there's the A+

I saw Reid interviewed and when asked about us looking for another ruck by Kane he fobbed it off basically saying (me paraphrasing) that we have plenty of talls to cover if ROB unavailable. Left me gobsmacked but I guess it's obvious that is what the club thinks.

You dont go to a super draft to get a ruckman.

You go to get midfielders or keys. We have keys well stocked. We need midfielders. Use Pick 4 on a midfielder.

Seriously what are you suggesting could've gone differently here? Which ruck were we meant to go and get?

Not much to be gained by saying "we love him, he's going to be a jet, i hope nobody bids on him in the top ten" at this point. We've had 12 months where we're the only club to have had a proper look at his development. Information asymmetry is our best friend here. Actually thought Reid's answer was very slick there. Gave absolutely nothing away.
Pick 64 doesn't leave a lot of wriggle room, I suspect we're now thinking he goes late/rookie.

I would have thought a bloke that has a social life opposed to some basement dwelling 24/7 internet fairy would be self evident, no?

What’s your issue with drinking, Basement? It’s a social lubricant. You should try it when you find some people to drink with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back