Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Rumor summary October 16

• Stalemate on the Peatling trade as of 4pm, with us threatening to send him to the PSD (link)

Last edited:
There is a common feeling across clubland that Tyler Welsh has a very poor attitude and work ethic. This is info ive just been told by someone in player management. And it makes complete sense given his poor testing and body composition. I’m leaning toward us not taking him. Maybe as a speculative rookie. What a fall from grace.

Not a poor attitude because he was brilliant with the Crows Academy kids for a good 2 months. Worked hard with them and these 14 yr old lads really spoke highly of him.
We erred by taking him out of the u18s program this year. There's a feeling he would've dominated, but we hid him away, was rushed into the SANFL, lost confidence and then his body struggled.

Club internally believes he'll get to the rookie draft. I'd be very surprised if we didn't select him in that after all we've put into him this year.

Ruck is so unimportant. A mediocre ruck is fine so long as other key areas are set (midfield, defence, small forwards).
ROB out of contract next year, so 2026 we have a new ruck and NMW hopefully, anther 20 games into our kids, and that's our year to make a move to premiership contention.

Nothing went wrong apart from posters on here thinking he was as good as his brother which sadly it appears he isn’t.
I’ve written on here a few times. They may be brothers but entirely different characters. Jack likes to stop and sniff the roses. Max would stuff the rose up your clacker and chuck you in the river.

Nice player though Jack, good size and plenty of talent to work with.

18 year old who probably was able to get by on pure talent since he was a kid and now he's reaching that stage where that's just not enough anymore. Wont be the first or last kid it happens to, so bring him in and hope he gets it once he's in that environment full-time.
He's already in, that's the thing.

I still think we draft him, but he'll have to cop a bit of a wake up call

Yeah think you’re right but they’ll keep him guessing a bit and definitely discuss pros and cons

I’m sure they’d like to see a positive few weeks of self motivation from tyler

I doubt it. My guess it'll be something like "we won't accept a F/S if you get a 2nd round bid, however will from the 3rd round".

It did sound like we're probably taking Welsh unless someone really loves him.

Nothing went wrong apart from posters on here thinking he was as good as his brother which sadly it appears he isn’t.
Not those that actually watched some of his games..he's got something there, reasonably athletic, decent overhead and neat enough skills but so have so many in the same boat.
When a lad doesn't make representative footy at any level coming through the system they're coming from a long way back draft wise. There's going to be quite a few better credentialed youngsters that go undrafted this year given the depth of this draft runs so deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything that guy posts now always has a negative connotation when it involves the Crows, he’s very very salty

He says he is a West Coast supporter

jim-halpert-face.gif

Not those that actually watched some of his games..he's got something there, reasonably athletic, decent overhead and neat enough skills but so have so many in the same boat.
When a lad doesn't make representative footy at any level coming through the system they're coming from a long way back draft wise. There's going to be quite a few better credentialed youngsters that go undrafted this year given the depth of this draft runs so deep.
as you say it would be great to see him in the sanfl team. may mature.

I’ve written on here a few times. They may be brothers but entirely different characters. Jack likes to stop and sniff the roses. Max would stuff the rose up your clacker and chuck you in the river.

Nice player though Jack, good size and plenty of talent to work with.

Exactly and the eldest brother in the family Thomas was meant to be the footballer - there’s a difference between being a very good footballer and a very good AFL footballer.

We will take Welsh. We have so many picks next year we can trade back in if we need to.

As for Welsh attitude. If true he wouldnt be the first kid to slack off thinking they have made it. Hopefully he is already out for us in preseason working on his fitness with a mentor.
I'd hoped to see him out with Tex's squad but didn't spot him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back