Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fourth youngest Hawthorn 0.2 year older finished seventh
Have you got it right this time?
Last time I checked on your numbers you posted they were wrong but of course you didn't correct them?

Just
crickets GIF

Cumming has maybe 3 seasons left of footy and only played in 5 finals. He could either join us or Port. If all other options are equal, and you had no allegiance to either, you would pick Port. They are a Monty to play finals most of the next 3 years esp with their stars all having at least 5 years left in them.

There’s no guarantee we make finals in the next 3 years and today would look further away than we did 12 months ago.
Cumming is 26?!?!

Stop saying 10

If you want to argue that next year we have the 10th easiest draw then Im right behind you

But this fallacy of saying the afl should have given us the 10th THIS YEAR needs to stop
why? next year we should have 15th easiest. you're getting confused.

This is the problem with you "Nicks changed the culture" types. Winning games of football wasn't included in your estimation. Players want to to win though. They might be looking at Dawson and Rankine and not wanting to follow in their footsteps.
I agree with you on this one. Dawson Rankine and Hinge are the only ones who look like they bleed for a win.... the team as a whole doesn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think we got a little unlucky with the timing of some of our fixtures

Eg Melbourne early in the season before they fell apart, Essendon at home when they were red hot, didn't cop any of Brisbane, Collingwood or Hawthorn during their very slow opening rounds, avoided Sydney's slump, played Richmond when they probably fielded their best side of the year, only played Gold Coast away which was a fortress for them as it turned out...

I don't think we copped a single "lucky" game timing wise all year

Thought we got Brisbane during their slump.

Can smooth it out with a 4 or 5 year deal

Yep I think high forward is the go too

I’ve heard the watts comparisons but how many times did Watts kick bags of 4 and 5 by the time he was Luko age ?

There’s no comparison with Watts. The latter never got going and never consistently provided positive influence to game day success. Jack has, both down back and up forward. If used properly, he can be a massive difference maker. But, protecting players that don’t go when they need to can be a massive problem. It’s one thing to be outpowered in a contest, it’s another to fail to involve oneself.

No disrespect, but this comment sounds like a massive drama queen.

We're exactly the same opportunity for a player we were a year ago.

We had a disappointing year due to injuries and dropping a lot of close games.

We're still young and improving, and we have gaps that a new player could help fill.
lol and your post sounds like one massive deluded clapper excuse.

A) we didn’t improve we went backwards
B) we have a lot of young players, so, why would that be attractive to a recruit? How many of them gun mids?
C) we had a disappointing year due to injuries and losing close games? Losing close games means you’ve lost, how is that a positive consideration? As for injuries, we lost to Richmond. So no mention of shit coaching?
D) Nicks. Players and managers would know another shit start to the year and he could be gone, does that environment sound attractive?
E) last year we were on the up and attracted Burgess, this year we’ve gone backwards.

I agree with you on this one. Dawson Rankine and Hinge are the only ones who look like they bleed for a win.... the team as a whole doesn't
What utter crap.

Murray, Fogarty, Keays, Soligo, Nank, Crouch, Bond, etc put their head over the ball, go hard and never take a backward step

There’s no comparison with Watts. The latter never got going and never consistently provided positive influence to game day success. Jack has, both down back and up forward. If used properly, he can be a massive difference maker. But, protecting players that don’t go when they need to can be a massive problem. It’s one thing to be outpowered in a contest, it’s another to fail to involve oneself.
Agree

Luko has been a game changer already in his career

He does need to mature and harden up though at times but we’ve got to hope we can help him do it

Unsure. It appears we were into him a while ago though. Whether we had inside knowledge on his desire to move back home

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There’s been no talk of Port having any interest and they’ve got other priorities.

We know he needs to come home.

Therefore using ANB as meeting Nicks and still choosing us was a bit pointless wasn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back