Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah this has Crows written all over it.

It's like Wayne Carey all over again we are just so desperate and we are gonna blow our future for it
Look.

IF.

If we were able to get Cumming, ANB and Oliver (presumably couldn't also fit Lukosius) and didn't give up a first round pick for Oliver I would not have an issue with it.

Oliver is not the answer for what this team needs and especially not at the likely asking price. Crows need to approach trade week like they do not have a first round pick this year - just lock it away and use it on the best mid available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Elite midfielder....

Yeah we need him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver is not the answer for what this team needs and especially not at the likely asking price. Crows need to approach trade week like they do not have a first round pick this year - just lock it away and use it on the best mid available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oliver will be like Wayne Carey when he came over.... Absolutely cooked.

Ok... Maybe not as bad. I think he would be ok if he came free. He would instantly be number 1 mid if he came here.

I know already we are trying something like pick 4 + Gollant for Pick 5 + Oliver and paying his full salary. But it'll get knocked back and then we'll do something really dumb.
i wouldn't even do that even though its a great trade. i just cant see him playing enough games to use up that much salary cap.

RE Oliver, I find it hard he cannot return to his best if he sorts himself out off field. He's only just turned 27, hasn't had any serious injury post his best form to suggest he cannot return.
Would certainly be backing in our culture, coaching staff and fitness staff if we were to recruit him

Improving from where we are will require risks. Recruiting Oliver will be a risk.

If we play it safe and trade in a couple of role players and take a pick or two at the draft, we'll go nowhere
Get it right and our midfield is already better.

if Oliver is opening to moving, I'm taking him up on it.

The guy is elite and better than anyone else on our list that plays midfield (outside Rankine)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back