Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's no position for him in our best 22, then there's absolutely no point in trading for him - unless it's a Bowes deal, where GC give us a 1st round pick to take his salary off their books.
Id like to get him and see him on the wing to be clear. I think he can do a lot more than they think he can. My worry is does he want to run or does he just want someone delivering him bullets and kick goals. if its the latter then it would be a NO

Swings and roundabouts

Some decisions go your way, some go against you. It all comes out in the wash and if you're good enough, you're good enough.

We weren't. The end.

Heck, we picked a charcoal-cooked Sloane in the 22.

Nah, I get swings and roundabouts for on-field umpiring decisions.

But this was a goal that we kicked, for which we were awarded one point. Entirely different category.

I'm big on neck height.

Some 200cm players are not really 200cm because they have huge necks

Surely what matters is height to the shoulders, and then wingspan, which would create total vertical reach. How long your head and neck are is irrelevant
man thats a really interesting perspective and i have never thought of that or heard that before. Are there any measurements showing the 'true height' then of a player as what you said makes perfect sense.

WTF are you on? Even if Tex plays half the games as our spiritual leader and only AA forward we have had for years - only last year - and a great mentor to our young potential elite forwards inc TT, Rachele etc it’s a great bonus for us. Of course we could fit Luko in as well - stupidity arguing otherwise.

This forum if taken at face value - which is becoming difficult with all the fake and alias accounts - has the biggest tendency to whinge and find negatives and wet beds in EVERY single situation.

Spiritual leader? Sheesh, no wonder we are doomed as a club with that mindset.

Continue to be a supporter who enjoys being mediocre.

You realise tex played more than half the games this year as our spiritual leader and only AA forward and we finished 15th. right?

man thats a really interesting perspective and i have never thought of that or heard that before. Are there any measurements showing the 'true height' then of a player as what you said makes perfect sense.

I don't think so, but it's pretty obvious on some players

For example the 202cm Reilly O'Brien vs the "208cm" Tim English. I reckon their effective height is very similar

Untitled-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's another one. Nick Blakey and Nick Murray are both listed as "195cm" but with Murray having the taller shoulder height, he should functionally 'play taller' provided he has a similar arm length

Untitled-5.png

Here's another one. Nick Blakey and Nick Murray are both listed as "195cm" but with Murray having the taller shoulder height, he should functionally 'play taller' provided he has a similar arm length

View attachment 2101165
The human body is weird.

I will not rest until I expose this long neck deception
:( My grandpa did a long neck deception :(

Pissed in his Southwark Bitter

Took us half the bottle to realise the difference

View attachment 2101165
Now that you mentioned and illustrated it, it seems obvious!

I assume (hope) recruiters would be all over this?

Ps how do you “blend” 2 different players on the same image?

In this draft were would you think Lombard gets bid on would it be a risk if we bid on him at 4 to dry up some draft capital at the suns
If he was in the open draft like Levi Ashcroft they'd be every chance to go 1 and 2 but I doubt clubs will bid that high given their Academy status. I'd expect Levi Ashcroft will be bid on before Lombard so my guess would be Lombard probably 5 onwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back