Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That he doesn't want the responsibility to be the number one target in a forward line?

Has he ever wanted it? It doesn't seem like being a key goal kicking target is his priority.

The idea that he wants to play in a footy town.

I get the impression that he wishes Hardwick never went to the GC, he was liking it just fine there.

Terrible take.

End of the day he's choosing money and Tex isn't the one putting the contract in front of him.
Sorry, but you're being naive.

The money would be almost identical.

Tex is the great hometown hero, who has supposedly gone back to Broken Hill and given Cumming advice in the past.

This is the time for Tex to be the person showing Cumming around the club and selling the vision. He should make it as tough as possible to say no.

And if he DOES say no, then I think Tex has some responsibility in that.

Tex is the great hometown hero, who has supposedly gone back to Broken Hill and given Cumming advice in the past.

This is the time for Tex to be the person showing Cumming around the club and selling the vision. He should make it as tough as possible to say no.

100%

Tex shouldn’t be the selling point - he should be the seller

Why’d you choose the crows in the end Isaac. The cash is the same, port are playing finals, crows are bottom 4.

Oh I dunno. Tex told me to.

The idea that he wants to play in a footy town.

I get the impression that he wishes Hardwick never went to the GC, he was liking it just fine there.
I don't get that at all.

Played at a footy high school, played at the top local level at 18, played in a fantastic state side. Footy was something important, with great social standing.

And he went to the Gold Coast, where he might as well not have existed.

I think he wants to feel important again.

Lol, what?

Geez, you have some strange takes.

Tex is now responsible for recruitment.
Just on this - the off-field staff can be the backbone of the recruitment process, but shouldn’t Cumming’s mentor and friend be the figurehead of said recruitment? That’s how we’re going to get through to the player the most

Not a strange take at all IMO

Why’d you choose the crows in the end Isaac. The cash is the same, port are playing finals, crows are bottom 4.

Port are the way down, Crows are on the way up. The number one team in the town you want to live in, with far greater future financial opportunities to come. Plus - when you go home, you've played footy with the King of Broken Hill.

He should be sold the vision.

Make it so he can't imagine going home and telling the family that he finally got the chance to play with Darcy Byrne Jones.

I don't get that at all.

Played at a footy high school, played at the top local level at 18, played in a fantastic state side. Footy was something important, with great social standing.

And he went to the Gold Coast, where he might as well not have existed.

I think he wants to feel important again.

He's being forced out.

Of course we should offer more cash, but it’s way more intricate than ‘Tex told me to’. If he can get through to him on a personal level, then that’s an advantage that we have over Port

Port should be doing the same for Luko with Rozee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this - the off-field staff can be the backbone of the recruitment process, but shouldn’t Cumming’s mentor and friend be the figurehead of said recruitment? That’s how we’re going to get through to the player the most

Not a strange take at all IMO
Absolutely he should.

And if he's not, we're not taking this seriously.

Players are often a key part of the recruitment process - and if I was Cumming and Tex wasn't selling me on the club, I'd see that as very suspicious.

Absolutely he should.

And if he's not, we're not taking this seriously.

Players are often a key part of the recruitment process - and if I was Cumming and Tex wasn't selling me on the club, I'd see that as very suspicious.
More disappointed than suspicious, I think. I’d suspect that Tex would volunteer to be a part of the Cumming recruitment process - and if that offer was turned down by Kelly, Reid and co, Cumming would see that as a bit soulless

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back